Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Then let me fight him without going through a ton of time gated quests first.
    I'd agree on the removal of JPM, but won't agree to letting you fight the LAST @#%*ing boss of a story arch without going through it. >_<
    (4)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    This depends on the piece of gear, look at Login Campaigns, they have supplied us with the ability to get any piece of Xar or Beau piece of gear for some time now, and continue to do so, this is what I was refering to, my new character which is account is based on literally has not stepped foot in Dynamis, completed rank 3, or even hit level 50, yet on a whim I have access to the Relic Body & Head for RDM which are by far the most important pieces of that entire set, and in reality, the only two pieces that have not been replaced for the job as of yet. THF can do the same with the TH hands and other jobs have a similar situation but I care not to look into each piece, while I admit every piece can not be obtained without Dynamis, a few can.

This player base dwindles in time as all games do, which means we need more players to take their place. Now I am all for reasonable requirements, I personally have no problem whatsoever with Alex, Odin, Dynamis, Limbus, or any other piece of content in this game having its requirements to do it so long as its reasonable and makes sense. What I am talking about being stupid here, is the fact that you need Sea access, that it, access for an event completely unrelated to any item required for AF enhancements to RF, in order to upgrade your AF gear.

Since when did RF upgrades have anything to do with Limbus? Show me 1 item that requires Limbus to obtain that is used in the process of upgrading a normal piece of AF into RF gear.

People play a game to have fun, everyone's sense of fun is different, if you find fun in going through hours upon hours or even days upon days of quests to get to basic gear that you had the items ready for, but lacked a simple quest being finished before the NPC would allow you to turn it in, then awesome, but most do not. I have quite a few friends I have tried to get into this game before that I know on Xbox and otherwise, I have had a 0% success rate with getting people into it due to the fact that every single one who got the game has played a month, told me its taking to long to get to a point of understanding what they are doing/need to do in the game to progress and the fact that everything is so drawn out to get to a decent point that they just can not bother to spend that much time starting a game.

Most games nowadays let you jump into the game and play it with others after a short period of time, this game, forces you to do old content that is easy by any stretch of the imagination and literally feels like a waste of time, its boring to most, and you have no choice but to do it in order to get to the point in the game where you can actually play with others, even then, things still suck because until you figure out how to gear and play in specific events you will be looked down upon and called gimp by everyone around you. The learning curve in this game sucks and the amount you need to do before you can even start to really play it and feel welcome in the game normally is absurd. They have helped to fix some of these things through systems such as Trust which help get people into the game faster, but if you truly think that people should be patient and enthused about playing a game and trying to get into it after the 10+ hours it takes to install and update on top of the days it will take you to get to a point of playing with others in a decent way, I think you're out of your mind.

I seriously can not for the life of me understand why such a simple improvement that makes sense is being so heavily opposed by people when the original complaint was about a requirement that doesn't even make sense!
    They have been adding things left and right for people to skip past much of the grind. Hell reforge gear is not any where near be all end all and burning though a little grind to get to it is not that bad. In fact SE has done away with much of the content being locked behind mission progression. All the endgame content in SoA is opened either right from the start or after a few simple steps. Also when they do try that people throw all kinds of fits that they give in and re add much of the grind. I think FFXI is the most forgiving learning curve of them all right now. It is so simple and easy to follow it's not even funny.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    I think FFXI is the most forgiving learning curve of them all right now. It is so simple and easy to follow it's not even funny.
    You obviously haven't played FFXIV. :B
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    This depends on the piece of gear, look at Login Campaigns, they have supplied us with the ability to get any piece of Xar or Beau piece of gear for some time now, and continue to do so, this is what I was refering to, my new character which is account is based on literally has not stepped foot in Dynamis, completed rank 3, or even hit level 50, yet on a whim I have access to the Relic Body & Head for RDM which are by far the most important pieces of that entire set, and in reality, the only two pieces that have not been replaced for the job as of yet. THF can do the same with the TH hands and other jobs have a similar situation but I care not to look into each piece, while I admit every piece can not be obtained without Dynamis, a few can.
    You can't count anything from login campaigns because they will not always be available. The intended method of obtainment is still by doing Dynamis. Just because SE is giving us free Apollyon and Temenos pieces doesn't mean that you should be able to upgrade your AF to +1 without completing enough missions to access Limbus.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You can't count anything from login campaigns because they will not always be available. The intended method of obtainment is still by doing Dynamis. Just because SE is giving us free Apollyon and Temenos pieces doesn't mean that you should be able to upgrade your AF to +1 without completing enough missions to access Limbus.
    I don't care about AF+1 and it was never the subject of this discution so far as I know, from the start I have only talked about RF, not AF+1, the Reforged Gear, level 109 Gear, something that has 0 relation to Limbus at all.
    (0)

Player
    my new character which is account is based on literally has not stepped foot in Dynamis, completed rank 3, or even hit level 50, yet on a whim I have access to the Relic Body & Head for RDM which are by far the most important pieces of that entire set, and in reality, the only two pieces that have not been replaced for the job as of yet.
    I don't get it, what items from the login campaign allow you to get relic armor, or have anything to do with it?
    (1)

Player
    Mog Kupon A-Bcd & Mog Kupon A-Xar though it seems they aren't in this one and weren't in the last one either, apologies, they were in the first 5 in a row but it seems that 6 & 7 lack them.
    (0)

Reforged is tied to AF+1, because it is cheaper to upgrade AF+1 than AF to reforged. The NPCs are tied together. They're trying to give incentive to upgrading the pieces through Limbus.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Reforged is tied to AF+1, because it is cheaper to upgrade AF+1 than AF to reforged. The NPCs are tied together. They're trying to give incentive to upgrading the pieces through Limbus.
    Incentive was given, some people will choose to upgrade to +1 and go with that cheaper cost, I myself did when it was originally released, however, it should be a choice. RF is not tied to Limbus, AF+1 is, the fact people can upgrade either AF or AF+1 to RF means the requirement should be open to everyone, if you want to upgrade without having done CoP & getting to Sea you should be free to do so, you will have to use more Rem's, but thats a cost you choose to pay, besides the optional AF+1 upgrade however there are no connections between RF & Limbus, and since thats optional and you can completely avoid it by simply using normal AF gear in the transaction, it should not be a requirement.
    (2)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't see any problem with the pre-reqs as they are. Not like the content is difficult anymore anyway.
    (4)

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast