Thread: Rate up/down

Character
    Purpleeyes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Rate up/down

There are many sites that use this feature, such as Digg, Reddit and even FFXIAH. Basically, a button where you rate a person's post up and down.I think it would be a nice addition to the site.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    It could be useful. As is some people get bashed as it is on here or bash others. Could be a silent way of openly showing you dont like the post without going into egotstical battle or the one up reson.
    Another con I forsee is people offering good ideas ... but are not popular and those posters feeling at a loss due to downsided critism. Either way i am game for it... i personaly enjoy them.
    (0)

Player
    Internet rate up / downs are pretty meaningless... all they need is a report function.. which they have.
    (0)

Relying on a numerical majority to get posts/posters recognized is never a good idea. More often than not you'll find just as much good, solid information rated down into oblivion as bad posts; E.g, Frost's Haste guide thread. Conversely, you'll also find really really bad posts rated up, mostly because people are dumb; E.g, pretty much every new job thread in General, the "Change the Abyssea level entry" threads, etc.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If they were to add rate up/down features I foresee people recruiting their entire linkshell to rate down people they dislike / rate up their posts. It's a really useless feature that fails to validate good or bad posts.
    (0)

Player
    Useless feature, bad idea. FFXIAH is a horrid example and the feature should have been removed like it was from any other decent FFXI site a long time ago.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Last thing we need is a popularity contest on these forums. People tend to get vengeful and start rating people up or down solely on their opinion of the poster and not on the content of the post. "rate this post/poster" systems stink in general and are one of the reasons I stay away from sites like Zam and FFXIAH (the forums, not the rest of the site which is awesome)

What we really need, after looking 2 posts up... is a sig size limit...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleeyes View Post
    There are many sites that use this feature, such as Digg, Reddit and even FFXIAH. Basically, a button where you rate a person's post up and down.I think it would be a nice addition to the site.
    I want to rate down the OP
    (0)

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
    -Jonathan Swift

It's like Jonathan Swift knew about the internet 300 years before it existed! Giving people the ability to rate down those that disagree with them never works well.
    (0)

"Like" Button

Hey all,

Relevant to the above, one of the new features we're looking into implementing will allow everyone to "like" individual threads.

A "like" button will be implemented for each post. You will be able to click the "like" button, once per post, and the total will be displayed. You can also "unlike" a post that you've "liked", should you mistakenly click the button. We feel this is a good alternative to the typical ranking or karma system.

This will also hopefully assist us in accumulating the best and most constructive feedback for the developers.
    (4)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast