Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Casavi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

I keep dying on limit break 3 (60-65 cap)

In quifom dome (think thats how its spelled) I get to a section where I have to pass the Ruby Quadav and 2 other mobs with it. Thing is the room is tiny and he never moves enough for me to pass and open the door. How exactly do I get this accomplished? I tried 3 times and each time I died due to aggro. I know he can see me through sneak and invis but just seems hard to solo this and so far I haven't really met anyone in game or have a linkshell to get some help. This is just 1/3 of it, I still haven't even got the 2 other crest I need and the guide I am following is like a page long of steps.. kinda overwhelming for a noob

Any other way to get passed this?

p.s. I asked a couple times on chat for help but no response >< been trying for couple hours now and died again -_-
    (0)
    Last edited by lyndshade; 12-27-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    He is actually true-hearing and not true-sight which is what makes it a lil harder. No quadav will agro by sight actually so if its just them just keep sneak up.

Now the Ruby Quadav has always been a major issue and pain in the backside but there are a couple ways around it. Since you are bst you could simply use a jug pet, throw it at the ruby quadav and when they are distracted go thru the gate. Let the mobs kill your pet, calling it back to you will bring the mobs too. Just be sure you have reraise up in case they still come after you. You can repeat this in the following rooms if you are able (there are more ruby quadav in upcoming areas), just be sure that if you do die, you do it in a spot that you can reraise safely. The only other way outside of someone helping you is to simply wait and hope he gets far enough away that you can run up and go thru the door which is what me and my friends did many many years ago lol. As for a jug pet I would say try something that wont go down quick, like the old school favorite Courier Carrie (fish oil broth). Other than that without actually being on your server to help you idk what else can be done.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elphy; 12-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Character
    Casavi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    He is actually true-hearing and not true-sight which is what makes it a lil harder. No quadav will agro by sight actually so if its just them just keep sneak up.

Now the Ruby Quadav has always been a major issue and pain in the backside but there are a couple ways around it. Since you are bst you could simply use a jug pet, throw it at the ruby quadav and when they are distracted go thru the gate. Just make sure you have reraise up in case they still come after you. You can repeat this in the following rooms if you are able (there are more ruby quadav in upcoming areas), just be sure that if you do die, you do it in a spot that you can reraise safely. The only other way outside of someone helping you is to simply wait and hope he gets far enough away that you can run up and go thru the door which is what me and my friends did many many years ago lol. As for a jug pet I would say try something that wont go down quick, like the old school favorite Courier Carrie (fish oil broth). Other than that without actually being on your server to help you idk what else can be done.
    Yeah I am a little down right now, having done so many trips to that zone is getting to me but I wont give up. I will try the reraise and pet tactic and hopefully it will work. Ty
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Your welcome! Be sure to let us know if you made it!
    (0)

Character
    Casavi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah I was on the way to retrying it and someone from my server read the forums and sent me a tell. Ended up getting my crest woot!
    (4)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    congrats!

/10char
    (0)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    There's an awful lot of threads like this from new players. SE needs to do something about it. They should make alternate routes through the limit break quests, like exchanging Beastmen or Kindred seals instead of having to do the quest. Or other items that are easy for new players to farm.

And what about when all these new guys get to Maat? Fighting mobs that drop testimonies will be tough for them even with Trust NPCs helping. And the actual fight will be a big hurdle since there's a shortage of decent gear on AH for a reasonable price. Also, new players are unlikely to have capped skill, even if they soloed all the way to 70, since mobs give way more Exp than they used to. So yeah, it'll be tougher for them than it was for us.
    (0)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    There's an awful lot of threads like this from new players. SE needs to do something about it. They should make alternate routes through the limit break quests, like exchanging Beastmen or Kindred seals instead of having to do the quest. Or other items that are easy for new players to farm.

And what about when all these new guys get to Maat? Fighting mobs that drop testimonies will be tough for them even with Trust NPCs helping. And the actual fight will be a big hurdle since there's a shortage of decent gear on AH for a reasonable price. Also, new players are unlikely to have capped skill, even if they soloed all the way to 70, since mobs give way more Exp than they used to. So yeah, it'll be tougher for them than it was for us.
    I'm not sure many of the mobs that drop testimonies for Maat fights will be much hassle for a party of 4. If you're using the full 3 Trust mobs.
    I solo-ed WHM testimonies on the Goblin Alchemists in Terrigan easily enough on a RDM/70 for my break on this account years ago.

And you can now buy loads of gear for very little RoE points. Whatever it's called.

Or do what every casual player did for years. And what I did on 9 mules that I wanted to 75/99 at various times for farming.
    Level WHM to 66 and just stand there spamming Hi-pots.
    (0)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

Getting LB done as a noob was part of the fun for me when I finished mine, the process of dying over and over, then eventually LS/friend came and help ;D. Trade seals for KI is boring as hell lol.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

I don't see the problem. I did limit break 3, solo, back in 2005. The challenges haven't changed since then. Declining server population is irrelevant since I did it solo like I said.

The Maat fight is probably easier now that one testimony gives you three tries, plus the mobs that drop testimonies are so much easier that even a poorly geared level 99 player can blast through them quickly. New players probably have it slightly better than we did.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast