Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I never said they aren't more efficient, just that they are not required. People seem to always make the leap from Gear Swapping to being something they do not do, to Gear Swapping being illegal due to Third Party Programs. That is a jump that is factually incorrect, I know of people who do not play with TPPs but they do macro and gear swap, I also know people who Multi-Box without TPPs.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh lordy we have a preacher in the forums. If people do things they can't or wont do they must be evil no good cheaters. Burn the witches!

Might be noted but the first dual boxer I met dual boxed with a computer and ps2 at the same time and still did a better job than most players just playing one character. Especially those that would rather call cheat than step up their game. Avesta was doing full gear swaps for every spell and ws and back to idle and full set spams when he was eating tp moves running etc on a ps2 before most of those third party tools were available. Hell if you go back to the old vids of him you can actuallly see him going thru the maccro bars hitting multiple maccros to do 1 thing
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-28-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    Only if you want to do it effectively...
    I use 0 third party programs and I am quite effective at gear swapping...
    (2)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    My point being, SE limits you to 6 lines for a mac, if you need to swap more than 6 pieces you need to hit 2 mac buttons, that's not very effective, but again that is subjective. Don't want to derail a thread over a pissing contest.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kwate; 12-28-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My point being, SE limits you to 6 lines for a mac, if you need to swap more than 6 pieces you need to hit 2 mac buttons, that's not very effective, but again that is subjective. Don't want to derail a thread over a pissing contest.
    I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest just making a statement lol its all good

I do have to hit ~3 macros for a standard gear swap but over the years I have become so accustomed to it that its second nature.

Frankly with all the problems third party programs can bring to the table I never bothered with them.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It didn't used to be as bad but awhile back when they updated the maccro bar and stuff it increased the delay it takes to pop up making it take longer to fire off multiple maccros. Still doable but you will lose efficiency compared to swapping all at once. But yes SE really needs to fix that 6 line limit BS. There is no good reason for it especially when you consider the fact just how many peices of gear they introduce that have such small niche uses that they are completely worthless unless you either use some kind of extended maccros or use 2-3 per action and go thru 2-3 maccro bars per job some alot more. I think more people have gone to 3 party tools because of that than anything else. Well except maybe being able to play in windowed mode before SE finally released there version
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Yes, it's a positive for the people who are so bad that they need help with the things trust does, I cannot disagree.

However it's extremely annoying to see them EVERYWHERE.
    If you're not using Trust NPCs when solo, you aren't fighting at your full potential. Your statement could be modified to say, "Gear swap macros are good for helping bad players do better, but the blinking annoys me," or "Oatixur is good for monks who are bad at dealing damage, but the look of them annoys me," or "Raise spells are good for white mages who are bad at curing, but seeing people get raised annoys me." All of those statements get at the same point: you are annoyed by people utilizing what is available to maximize their effectiveness.
    (10)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Trust to an extent is an answer to Dualboxing, people dual boxed, just now everyone can do it which is how it should be, balanced.
    Not really dualboxing, no. I did quest another day and unlocked NPC, summoned it and they have extremely poor performance in combat due to lack of gear swap, using shitty WS, cast useless spells and so on.

Whether I Summon them or not, I still kill kamihr drift mob just as fast without them. Dual box>>>>>> loltrust.
    (3)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    You're not starting a pissing contest, you're stating the obvious.

Of course hitting 2 macro is less effective than hitting 1 macro using tools. But for ppl without 3rd pt tool or play on console, hitting 2 macro is the only choice if they want to play decently, and still way more effective than no swap at all. What else do you expect from none 3rd pt tool users? Just don't swap cuz it's not effective?
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Not really dualboxing, no. I did quest another day and unlocked NPC, summoned it and they have extremely poor performance in combat due to lack of gear swap, using shitty WS, cast useless spells and so on.
    Also there stats change based on the ilvl gear you are wearing at the time. So if you ever tp in something that isn't the highest ilvl because it might not be the best to use they are even weaker. If you swap out to something lower they retroactively get weaker.

And yeah as stated the AIs aren't the brightest.... would be nice if we could sorta adjust the AIs like our companion npc. Or hell maybe something like gambit system.
    (1)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast