Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen is the reason so many leave.... the amazing player base.

Also i'm not saying the game sucks, i'm addressing the fact that its not worth paying the same price as most other MMO's when the support is lack luster and the games balance issues still have not been resolved even after all these years of it being a problem. Its still a fun game, just not full price fun.
    Saying something sucks and saying "Hey it's nice, but could be better" are 2 very different things. I agree, XI has a long way to go, but if they keep making decisions like what was implimented in the last update, I think we'll be seeing some good stuff, especially now that we will be getting monthly updates, meaning either they expanded XI's dev team (Because a small amount of people can NOT keep that up for long) or they figured out a good pace to work at and are sticking to it.
    (0)

12 dollars is change... gimmie a break man. I bet you go and spend a lot more than that in a month on snacks and things you don't need to put in your body.
    (2)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have a list of things that I feel warrent improvement. As a returning player I'm illustrating this in order to ganner the Dev's attention, in the hopes that these issues are addressed.

TRUST
    I like the idea of trust. Its great for new or solo players. However it lagging the crap out of WKR is BS. Probably shouldnt be allowed in WKR.

Before I left shorty after Seekers launch, I requested that the adventuring white mage fellow be given refresh, as the pace of the game at 99 no longer warrented resting because of the massive access to refresh gear, therefor there is an unbalance between the white mage and DD fellows. SE added trust NPCS which have enormous refresh for the mp pool. Was it so hard while adding these easily obtained trust NPCS to update the adventuring fellows at the same time? Again, I feel slapped in the face with all the work put into my adventuring fellow, and a simple solution exists but isn't implemted to other aspects of the game that need it.

In WKR, the white mage TRUST npc from windy casted shellra and protectra V, which over wrote my merited shellra and protectra V. I do not appreciate this. Also, the trust NPC was NOT a member of my pt. So I was eally pissed. WTF.

WKR
    Spent ten to twenty minutes in 4 of 5 WKR and each yielded armor. Spent five hours from start to finish on the Ice Lion, and recieved crap. There were two other redmages (I was on white mage) in my party we all recieved the crappy neck (sold that to the npc in jueno, worthless) a meteriote and the rng bow. My point is, the current WKR system seems to favor the build yourself up to cap whatever drop rate your intitled to and then go hide and avoid danger in order to receieve the best drops. This is absolute garbage system. People shouldn't recieve better rewards for avoiding danger, when I spent five hours running around and keeping the entire alliance alive I should have recieved better drops, while I certain the half of the players that were afk got armour. Why? Because when I joined the bee and other WKR at the last minute I got tons of items to drop, some really good, and I did the same thing I did in the lion fight. It would seem if you die you lose all progress towards better drops. WTF.

Afflatus Solace and Sroneskin
    Could have swore before I left that you could cast stoneskin while having the temporary stoneskin up that you recieve from afflatus Solace and stoneskin would overwrite the temporary afflatus solace stoneskin. Currently, I have to cancel the temporary stoneskin in order to get stoneskin to stick. Hope thats an oversight. please fix this.

Adoulin KI
    Seriously? I have to tell yopu to make a seperate section for ALL adoulin KI's like you did for VW and abyssea. This is way I get mad. This should have been a no brainer.

All in all, I like some of the changes, I left because I saw the RME shit storm and all my motivation was sucked out of me like a vortex. While I enjoy the return, seeing all my old friends and people that I remeber. I'm still not motivated enough with the current scrotched earth armour update policies to solo on my own without friends so I'm up in the air at the moment if my return will be brief or permeant. But I do feel the recent changes are without a doubt a start in the preoper direction. As long as the next ilevel jump isnt to 140 and its modest to 125, then I can see myself again in vanadiel.

Thank you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-21-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2