Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Do Abyssea leeching parties exist still? I thought they went away after SE started banning people for shouting about them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Do Abyssea leeching parties exist still? I thought they went away after SE started banning people for shouting about them.
    Only FCs were ever ban-able and only if SE thought you were tied to RMTs.
    (0)

Character
    Stealthgamerpsx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    People are going out and doing what's required of them to earn the gear and pages. To say it's being given away is typical elitist hyperbole. If you want to go down that path then you next need to ask sarcastically, "Why don't they just mail everyone completed R/M/Es and 119 AF sets?"

If you actually look at the stats of the 117 gear, you'll find that it's actually inferior in most ways to much of the preceding ilevel gear. It seems to be rather nice defensively, but offensively it's generally lacking. Your guess is as good as mine as to why they made it 117 and yorcia skirmish gear 113. I've already complained about the confusing nature of the ilevel and I won't repeat that here. Still they have to provide some form of progression for those who can't or don't want to participate in large group events. I get that some find the notion offensive that there is a path to power that they can't put a gate in front of to keep the plebeians out, but SE has to appeal to more than just those types.
    Stop with the false assumptions. It's not fair, and the fact that you need to resort to strawmanning only shows how weak your argument is. So, please stop doing it. Thanks. Ok, moving along:

Regarding the rem tales from eminence: I do not see how it is a good thing to (ok, so maybe "give away" was the wrong choice of word lol) require so little effort to earn these things. By doing so, you're basically removing the need to do both the SKCNMS as well as the Ark Angel BCNMS. It's a lot easier to just turn on a couple eminence quests, call out some trust npcs, and go slaughter EP for a couple hours than farming up seals and doing some BCs. And as we all know, ALL FFXI players (both "veteran" and "casual") will always take the easiest path to everything. So if you wanted to form a party for one of these events, doing so would be difficult even though you'd finish "faster" from the BCs. But, people dont want "fast", they just want "easy", and that's a problem.

Regarding "gates" (and the whole bit about the "lording over teh pleebz" strawman BS): Prerequisite content (ie: "gates") are a good thing for a few reasons. Firstly, they provide players with something to do. Example: If you want to get to sky, first you have to clear the zilart missions. And to clear the zilart missions, you've got to clear the nation missions up to rank 6 first. So, by "gating off" sky, the player then has to do 2 sets of missions to get there. But, I guess it's just easier to do nothing, right?

Also, with the city dynamis->northland dynamis "gate", if it wasn't there what reason would people have for clearing the cities? Secondly, having "gates" keeps groups together. Example: You and a group of people want to access dynamis xarcabard, but nobody in the group has any clears. That group would have to stay together for... well, I guess at least 4 days now. It really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for each of the people in the group to go off and solo their own clear, assuming they wanted to run through dynamis xarcabard as a group (though, there's no need to do dynamis as a group now so I guess it doesn't matter). Point is, being "stuck" at a certain part of the game, provides motivation to seek out people to help get you past the "gate", something that is nonexistant in the game as it is today. But, since it's easier for YOU to just waltz your way through a gate that SE has opened for you, I guess you wouldn't care that much, huh? It's this kind of selfish, short-sighted thinking that is sucking all of the life out of this game.

Which brings me to my next point: This is absolutely ridiculous but I'm going to address it anyways. As I have stated in my first post in this thread, I am the leader of a linkshell on Cerberus, one that I created specifically to help "pleebz" get past "gates". I "want" them to, I just want them to do it on their own merit, not to have SE just step in and do it for them. Doing so provides me with the opportunity to interact with them, as well as to re-experience the content in question myself. Let me give you an example: Just tonight, I (who happen to already be @ 15/15 on neo nyzul isle gear) went out and helped the 3 remaining people in my LS get their first neo nyzul clear. Actually we ran 3 times, and won 2 but that's besides the point. Point is, I (the evil veteran that loves nothing more than to piss all over the hopes and dreams of anybody "beneath" me) not only went to this run, but also used the experience I had from previous runs to lead them, and I got them wins. (they were incredibly excited about it btw lol) Now, if what you were saying about me were true, I would not have gone at all. I would have said something like "i have this gear and you dont, na-na-na-na-na-na" (or something similar ) So please, at least get your facts straight next time.

So, now that we know a little about me, let's find out a little about you :3 When is the last time that YOU helped anybody? And I'm not talking about answering a question for a confused newbie on your /l channel (if you even have one). I mean actually got off your duff, went out with somebody, and farmed some kind of mob, cleared some kind of battlefield, or anything else where you saw no personal benefit from it? You (and people like you) just love to go on about how nobody ever helps you (or other "casuals") with anything, but I don't see YOU doing anything about it. All I ever hear is "veterans don't do this, don't do that" but how about taking some responsibility for the way things are. But no, you just assume that you're entitled to have everything done for you, screw everybody else they're on their own! I'm not saying that you have to go out and start your own linkshell or anything, but just answer a shout or 2, even just answering questions for a new person shouting would help a little bit. So instead of blaming "veterans" for all of the game's problems, maybe you should take a look in the mirror instead.

In closing, drop the "everybody has to do everything for me" entitled/selfish attitude, and become the kind of person you want others to be.
    (2)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I definitely agree with OP. Double XP should be default and 50-75 xp curve should be adjusted. It serves no purpose today. Thank you for posting Edyth.
    (6)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I would say change the curve to be a more natural slope, not a sudden steep climb. I mean it'd make sense considering even if it stayed the same, people could get a friend to help FC them since AA fights take merit points to access. As long as that kind of content remains in tact, exp should be coming in.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    they've already adjusted the exp from 50-75 at least once before, it really isn't that bad.
    (1)

Player
    Fights at higher levels take longer per mob, at the same time, the XP curve is huge by compare to previous levels.
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6