Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If you think you're taking heat from me I imagine none of you are reading this thread very well.

I may agree with Elphy regarding SMN melee but we are addressing it in different manors.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You two are just butting in with your own little pet project even if you mean well by doing so. It's great that you're an awesome front-line DD SMN, but your post was more about promoting your niche play style than it was about this rather glaring oversight (or horrible decision) by the devs. Whether you meant it that way or not, you essentially told the guy that he's doin' it wrong when in actuality his style is perfectly valid. Elphy took the opportunity to kick the guy in his teeth and other sensitive bits after you knocked him down. I'm used to such behavior from the FFXI community, but it still gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think part of is there needs to be someway to balance it since smn is great at the relatively safe AoE dmg. I mean you can hit over 500 AoE from thunderspark. Similarly to how there healing hits everything in WKRs which would be rather unfair if they make a repeatible healing
    I disagree. It'd actually be perfectly fair for SMN to have a huge advantage in this content since other jobs have huge advantages over SMN in other content. That's the way SE tends to "balance" things.
    (2)
    Last edited by Camiie; 12-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    You two are just butting in with your own little pet project even if you mean well by doing so. It's great that you're an awesome front-line DD SMN, but your post was more about promoting your niche play style than it was about this rather glaring oversight (or horrible decision) by the devs. Whether you meant it that way or not, you essentially told the guy that he's doin' it wrong when in actuality his style is perfectly valid. Elphy took the opportunity to kick the guy in his teeth and other sensitive bits after you knocked him down. I'm used to such behavior from the FFXI community, but it still gets on my nerves.
    I have to disagree. I said in almost all of my posts on this topic, that not only did I recommend the OP play his own style and that my responses were only suggestions and should be taken as such, but i also said I unequivocally agree that Summons should be counted and that the meleeing aspect should only be considered a temporary fix until SE comes around to addressing the issue or oversight since it will probably take some time.

Just because this aspect of RoE is clearly broken does not mean one should feel helpless to complete the RoE trial until its fixed, by offering a temporary solution to the problem, we're giving the OP, and any out-of-the-loop Summoners, a real chance to collect the Sparks from these trials, which is far better than posting absolutely nothing or any importance outside of "I agree" and fanning the flames of rage on the subject rather than looking for any logical short term solution to the issue.

So I hope this post has alleviated that miscommunication, also if we really want it to be fixed soon, I would like to also suggest posting it in the bug report section if its not already been made there.

Edit: In regards to AoE damage, BLUs have been using the Whiskers AoE move in Abyssea to easily finish their 500/1k Damage trials, so it shouldn't be an issue with summoner either when they address it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 12-23-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Player
    I was going to bring up how just about every job in the game has at least 1 way to complete that trial easily because just about every job has an AoE strong enough to do it, but I felt it went without saying.
    (1)

I agree.

I think even moves like Spinning Attack can hit 500+ now yah? Cyclone and Aeolian Edge can pull it off. heck you could probably go to abyssea and pull it off with Earth Crusher too (or Cataclysm if you're high enough skill wise)!

Theres a lot of short term solutions to the problem until its addressed. So don't miss out on your sparks OP if you can, I know it sucks to not be able to complete it with the key aspect to SMN's job (summons), but you can still collect sparks in the mean time, its just a slightly bigger pain in the butt :x
    (1)

Player
    Off the top of my head, only BST, RNG, SAM, NIN, and COR, are left out.

WAR-FC
    MNK-Spinning
    WHM-Banishga with certain Atma
    BLM-Any -ga
    RDM-Circle Blade/AE
    THF-AE
    PLD-Circle Blade
    DRK-Spinning Scythe
    BST-Bunny Whirl Claws? Forgot if they have an AoE Axe WS or something
    BRD-AE
    RNG-Don't think they have one
    SAM-Don't think they have one
    NIN-Don't think they have one
    DRG-Sonic Thrust
    SMN-Duh
    BLU-Circle Blade/1 of a dozen spells
    COR-Don't think they have one
    PUP-Spinning
    DNC-AE
    SCH-AoE Staff WS
    GEO-Ra Spells
    RUN-FC with the SKCNM GA
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    BST, RNG, and NIN get Aeolian Edge. SAM and COR get Circle Blade, afaik.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah I was just going off the top of my head with built in WSs/Spells/JAs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If you think you're taking heat from me I imagine none of you are reading this thread very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    While i personally agree that everyone has their own styles and times they can play and what not, making it seem like pulling out your staff and using it during those 30-60 minute windows is somehow a godforsaken crime is not a prudent choice of words.
    Saying something derogatory in a nice way doesn't make it an acceptable comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think part of is there needs to be someway to balance it since smn is great at the relatively safe AoE dmg. I mean you can hit over 500 AoE from thunderspark. Similarly to how there healing hits everything in WKRs which would be rather unfair if they make a repeatible healing
    I don't see how it's any different than AoE Weapon Skills. In fact, many AoE weapon skills are much more powerful than avatar AoEs, and avatars are very limited in the amount of damage they can sustain. Usually, I have difficulty with large groups of mobs unless they are much lower level.

That being said, I don't really need to AoE everything; I just want my avatars to count for something.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    My point wasn't that they could AoE. Everyone can AoE. My point was they could do so more safely in unsafe territories. ie instead of making it a mission to go out and do the 500 dmg trials they can just do in while accomplishing content like reives. Because no one is going to go out and do the 500 over and over again just to do it. And 1k isn't repeatable and can be done once again by anyjob in abyssea. Also note that for these trials more powerful AoEs are actually a detriment if you already hitting over 500 or 1k depending on which one you doing.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast