Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I dont think its so much that people didn't want to level a new job for a terrible reward/effort ratio, I think people simply were not willing to make a Relic to participate in a single event. I knew a ton of people who made OAT GS, OAT PA, Empyrean Weapons, and so on, just to get into VW, and while you can argue its reward were great, it had awful drop rates, far worse than anything else. The point I am trying to make with this though is that people were willing to go out and work on a job when it didn't require a Relic to be made for a single event, and look at MNK today, its the same way.

Because relic is tons of effort to begin with....your point was totally the same as my original point.

Btw back when delve was out and nobody uses MNK mantra rotation stun strat, some LS on another server beat it with RNG setup. Then I know certain LS on my server really started farming anni and lving/gearing RNG for every member just to get win.

So yes, ppl do level brand new job and build a new relic for new content if the reward is awesome.

I am sure if you told someone that to do an event you needed 6 Mythic PUPs, randomly, for whatever reason, but it had the best items in the game from it, far above everything else, hardly anyone would care or do it who did not already have a Mythic for PUP, who would go out and make a Mythic just for that one event?
    You never know and I say yes. If the item is something that aren't outdated in next update, I know at least 2~3 group of ppl who reguarly do gil event by overpriced merc or ADL every day, and they can easily afford 300M mythic in reasonable amount of time IF every member want a mythic to beat something. Most people probably won't bother, but I know some ppl would, just very small %.

This arguement is invalid since every item is outdated in 3 months now anyways. Can't get an item? Just wait for 6 months until better item come. But if there's really 1 super item that's pimp forever and requires 6 Mythic to obtain, trust me ppl will go for it. Don't underestimate the hardcore player base
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Exploitable weakness doesn't really make the game easier, more like it's required to use if you want to kill it in short time.
    Some are required, others simply make it faster, Mata is by no means required, you could easily have GEOs and SCHs, that you already bring, spam nukes at Mata while DDs beat it down, it would just be slower and stupid to do.

Not every legion NM has 1 shotting move, besides maybe death prophet. Also because ppl don't use MNK/mantra rotation strat at that time, and less DD have proper HP/DT- set. So DDs were more squishy.
    From what I recall, most NMs in Legion you were suggested to either have Embrava, Chainstuns, or PD, for most NMs.

Legion also doesn't need to deal with mayhem from shark(PUG still wipe to this), ppl fuck up on mata(before skill update fuck up on mata=no time to win for most groups), and so on.
    Legion didn't have a gimmick to dodge the TPs either, it was get hit, or stun. Death Prophet for instance had no rules that said if you were, say, between 6 and 8 yalms from it, you lived, but anywhere else in its range was death, no, it was just death, or stun, simple as that. To me, thats points in the direction of Legion being harder, its was stun or wipe, not stun, wipe, or stand at a specific distance so it only does damage.

I was like 1/4 or 5 to get my first Mul win. My LS was around that number for morimar/foret 6NM delve before skill update and never beat Ceizak until combat skill added to the weapon. Numbers don't lie, if legion was so much harder than delve pre-update it'd be 1/10 for mul and 1/2 for delve.
    Numbers don't lie, when proper sample sizes exist, get me a test group of 100 players from different groups with similar numbers, then we can talk about numbers proving something here, till that time, a single source of numbers means nothing at all.

I could to a point equate this argument to the idea of saying that I went 1/6 on Heka's but 0/200+ on Mekira, thus, Mekira has a much worse drop rate and Heka's drop rate isn't that bad, except if I look at the greater majority of people that is horribly inaccurate, they are nearly the same if not the same, and I just had good/bad luck, single samples greatly skew results.

Delve is only easier now because of skill update and gears getting stronger after each update, on top of everyone and their mother spammed it to death and get very used to it. It wasn't easy at all back in 2013/06 and 07.
    I know it wasn't, I had many wipes on Tojil in groups who could not kill it fast enough to avoid the stun resist wall. Just that alone doesn't say much though. Yes its getting easier, so is Legion, but if we are talking about the original event as it came out and before they were made so much easier, Legion still seems to be the harder event, and still seems as pointless in difficulty because hardly anyone did it, not that hardly anyone tried, I know quite a few who did, but failed, which was my original point we are so horribly digressing from.

My point was that hard content for the sake of hard content exists, and that hard content for the sake of super duper rewards of awesome sauciness need not exist because you are putting work and resources into an event hardly anyone will ever win, which is bad prioritization and bad overall, not because I can not obtain it, but because the general population can not participate or win, and it only serves to create trophies that other people can brag about, and hold other people's heads. Even if it were gear of value and it were possible for a nice amount of people to obtain you then are faced with the issue of RME/Oats/Senbaak and so on, the things people begin to expect you must have to join a party and participate, or you're too gimp to come.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    just very small %.
    If only a very small % will participate in an event, the event need not be made, development time is better spent on something many can enjoy, rather than 1%.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The only reason Legion seemed harder than Delve is because it came first. It was pretty much the first alliance content that required a rotation of stunners. And I agree that the rewards were not good enough to justify building a group that could clear it. If the rewards were better, more people would have done it. Instead, the content was widely viewed as skippable by almost everybody.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Numbers don't lie, when proper sample sizes exist, get me a test group of 100 players from different groups with similar numbers, then we can talk about numbers proving something here, till that time, a single source of numbers means nothing at all.
    It's small sample size because nobody wanted to do legion at that time. I know maybe 3~4 NALS that did legion back then. But most of them were able to clear IF they have enough ppl and right jobs. I know a lot more delve groups that were 0/5+ before skilll update. Legion was stun or wipe and turtle just like delve pre-nerf. Try to do delve with bad stunners see how far you can go.

I already said my POV about the content difficulty. I agree that casuals/avg player should have something to do and something to accomplish. I defended for RME should stay relevant for that reason, casuals can log on and farm RME, a top tier weapon, at their own pace and still able to accomplish something meaningful. But I disagree with EVERYTHING in this game being the same as RME. There needs to be epic accomplishment such as RME being obtainale by casual, there needs to be something that only the most organized group can obtain. It's a good way to please every type of player.
    (0)

Character
    Dragonslave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

New Challenges

Sir/Ma'am,
    I would like to start of by saying that I just returned to FFXI after over a year. I am very excited about the new content such as Trust, Monstrosity, faster teleportation via crystals, and other things. Keep up the good work. I would like to make a request for changes to ROE. Under the ROE: Combat (Region) please add challenges for Li'Telor, Elshimo low/uplands, and Kuzotz as well as the other areas. Secondly, this is a little off subject but I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade your Relic/EMP armor to lvl 109 and 119? If there isn't currently, is there a plan to add this? Thank you for the hard work in a making a game the fans love.
    (1)

Player
    There are plans to upgrade Relic and Empyrean Armors last I knew, but they have not spoken much of it recently.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Finished Teleports by Twilight last night, and I've got to say I'm impressed. I was expecting some "yay daily quests hooray for the A.M.A.N. coming through yet again!!!" and was surprised to see some actual pathos about the current state of the game. Here's hoping to more.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Hello,

Thanks for all of the Records of Eminence feedback thus far!

Below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui in response to some questions and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheGalka View Post
    Support jobs could use some repeatable objectives, those jobs feel neglected with the current set of objectives.
    While it would be difficult to make repeatable objectives where you are not fighting, we would like to address this by adding at least one objective for the backline jobs in the February version update.

Currently for non-battle based objectives there are only harvesting related ones. Can you add some others?
    We are currently looking into adding fishing and synthesis related objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    I would like to suggest that we be able to buy pages of Rem's Tales and skill increasing items in bulk, rather than just one at a time.
    We are currently working to address this in the January version update.

Reward-wise there are items for level 1 to 50 and then a gap until level 99. Would it be possible to have items for level 50+ as well?
    After level 50, the choices for weapons grows quite large, so this isn’t something that we can address easily. However, if there enough requests for it we will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
    Also, items such as plates, cinders/dross, currency, alex would make good additions as rewards, be it from sparks or a new coupon type, even if they are a bit pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    Please allow us to purchase the 119 AF 'synth mats' (orbs/ingots) with sparks (50k? i'd take it) or with log in points.
    In regards to Alexandrite and other items like it, we need to consider the balance between the content where you can obtain these items, so please let us see whether we can establish these as rewards for new objectives.
    I also have some additional information to share.

Quote Originally Posted by shintorist View Post
    I would like to use the vouchers to buy guild points.
    It’s possible to address this if there are enough requests, but as there is a limit for the amount of guild points you can earn in a single day we’re debating whether or not this type of exchange would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    The only change I would like to see is an expansion of the zones we can kill mobs in for rewards. It seems its just original and Aldouin zones right now. Having it available everywhere would give me plenty of pleasant memories of leveling BST years ago wherever I wanted before FoV made it feel like I was losing out if I fought elsewhere.
    Moving forward we will be increasing the areas for Records of Eminence!
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We’ll also be making similar adjustments so that multiple hit weapon skills count towards cumulative damage.
    I hope this doesn't mean that you're changing multiple hit weapon skills so that each hit can't trigger the 500+ damage record.
    (1)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast