Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    I get that idea, Kind of like what they did with your raised Chocobo's into mounts...

Also, yeah, you used to be able to call forth your adventure fellow to help you level up along with your x5 trusts but too many of us were chatting about that ability to do so on the forums here a year to a couple of years ago thus SE of FFXI Crews upon seeing this written into the forums made changes to that implementation for making it not possible to do so anymore which has caused the Adventure Fellows to be even far greater even less useful even more so over the trusts that we now have, Basically they buried the using of an adventure fellow even further into the ground to being an obsolete remaining system in the game. Another note is that it's also a cause of having us completely forget that adventure fellows even still exist due to these factors that are now in place, granted, I had put work into mine before the implementation changes out with trusts and more so before trusts existed too.

Further Notes: Is that there is no I-Lv. or SU-Levels with Adventure Fellows in place as well to that furtherness of being buried into the ground of its usage too granted it has the trading gears to adventure fellows in place still as well.

...Anyways... I just thought I would put that out there as well!
    Yes, when it FIRST came out. I had done the same thing, but it barely lasted a week until they changed it. (Problems with targeting and crashing the game when you had an extra "trust" out, which is how the game's programming treated your Adv Fellow.)

So you are vindicated.

It WAS a thing, for about 5 days.
    Then there was a mini update fix and that was removed because people kept having crash and issues.
    That's why it NOW says you cannot call your Adventuring Fellow out if you have 5 trusts.
    "You have called forth your maximum amount of trusts" or something like that shows now.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Exactly. It was a bug / it caused bugs therefore it was fixed/removed. Like I said on the last page.
    (1)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    A suggestion I have for trusts is limit its usage to things like nation allegiance, nation rank, region, expansion completion etc. Trion, Curilla, unavailable to non sandorian's for example.
    Like Dekoda suggested many years ago, being only able to summon trusts from JSE quests when playing that specific job. Rng only can cast Perih Vashai while subbing or maining ranger.
    It'd be nice if rules were present so that people would be less dependent on trusts and more dependent on others as well.
    Even if quality of life is affected. If it is going to be limitless make it cost something like experience points, 5% current exp (Example.) level 99 casting a trust costs 2,800 exp(14,000 exp for full party of trusts) to summon each trust outside of nations allegiance. Can't delevel from summoning trusts, just can't summon if player doesn't have enough exp to consume.

It won't hurt much, but it'll make players less dependent on trusts, even try to do content without them to avoid it.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreus View Post
    A suggestion I have for trusts is limit its usage to things like nation allegiance, nation rank, region, expansion completion etc. Trion, Curilla, unavailable to non sandorian's for example.
    Like Dekoda suggested many years ago, being only able to summon trusts from JSE quests when playing that specific job. Rng only can cast Perih Vashai while subbing or maining ranger.
    It'd be nice if rules were present so that people would be less dependent on trusts and more dependent on others as well.
    Even if quality of life is affected. If it is going to be limitless make it cost something like experience points, 5% current exp (Example.) level 99 casting a trust costs 2,800 exp(14,000 exp for full party of trusts) to summon each trust outside of nations allegiance. Can't delevel from summoning trusts, just can't summon if player doesn't have enough exp to consume.

It won't hurt much, but it'll make players less dependent on trusts, even try to do content without them to avoid it.
    So you want to limit the very mechanic that keeps quite a few players subscribed because they can actually accomplish stuff? I get you want the playerbase to be more active with each other, but quite a few people don't have the time or patience to wait 3 or 4 hours to get a party together, when they can hit Ambuscade, Odyssey etc., when they only have a short time to play.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yea, I also don't like the idea of constraining trusts based on job or content, because there isn't an even distribution of trust roles along those categories.

The whole reason Trusts exist is because there's a lot of content that isn't actively played (at least outside of a campaign) that people still need, and nobody really wants to spend time gathering parties for EXP anymore. With the lighter playerbase, it would take much longer and put people off playing altogether. Thus, trusts have been important for player retention. They are balanced by not being as effective as well geared active real players.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-17-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This has probably already been mentioned thousands of times but...

BRING BACK CORNELIA

Unlike Matsui_P, she is actually legit ffxi lore character whose utility basically every player loved, and it makes no sense whatsoever we can't have her as permanent companion. Even her trust data already exists in-game and all.. Should be fairly simple matter for developers to bring her back.

Lock her behind some super hard content, like master trials (which btw would revitalize the whole seemingly abandoned master trial content when people try to help their friends to get her as trust, or merc the master bc clear for other players. Total win-win-win situation either way...). Or dynamis divergence wave 3 boss clears that currently has no other reward than a fancy new title...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Or dynamis divergence wave 3 boss clears that currently has no other reward than a fancy new title..
    It's needed to unlock relic weapon augments...
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    What I meant, and should probably have clarified better, is the 5th title obtained from besting all 4 of the wave 3 bosses as reward. There is certainly potential for using that title to unlock something special, considering quite a few unlocks in the game are indeed tied to obtaining specific title, but nothing like that exists in the game right now for that accomplishment.
    (0)

Player
    A gambit system for trusts would be nice, with templates that could be saved.
    Maybe it could be a reward from the new Voracious Resurgence mission line, or a quest which requires completion of one of the missions.
    (0)

Character
    Dakuu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Trust Request

I really wish we had more trusts from the Wings of the Goddess expansion. All the Generals from the nations are so cool but, we're limited to 3 of the 10 Generals each nation has.
    (0)

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast