Character
    Joeyyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

cannot get past the click "play" option on ffxi. msg says 8 content ids on handle..

today i tried logging on as usual, but got the msg that there is 8 content ids on my handle and it wont let me log on ffxi.. i havent changed any settings or added chars so very confused
    contacted se and they told me to remake a handle (which both se chat support people i contacted advised me to do) and add the chars which are active but it also added 4 empty long deleted ids like were on the other handle! nothing on se account management when i checked, just my usual chars active. tried deleting the empty content ids in the playonline menu also on the handle but they keep reappearing and dont delete. please help, someone. se havent given any advice that has fixed the problem yet idk what else to try... =/
    (0)

Character
    Hunglow
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This same thing just happened to me this morning. Have you had any luck getting this fixed yet?
    (0)

Character
    Airwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It seems they have reduced the amount of characters we are allowed on our accounts without informing us. I really hope this is something that will be addressed immediately as we have already paid for those accounts thank you very much !
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Teegrins, joeyyy, et al.!

I believe 8 Content IDs is, and has been the maximum for one Handle for I don't know how long (according to the PlayOnline viewer, and that's not updated too much).

Anyblue, the used-to-be inactivate Content IDs are appearing due to the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign (I'm guessing).

How are you trying to 'delete' them? Instead of remaking or deleting anything, have you tried the Unlink option?
    • Click your handle portrait (Handle List) on the upper left region of the PlayOnline viewer.
    • Select your handle.
    • Select Unlink.
    • Unlink the unwanted Content IDs.

I hope it's as simple as that.

Good luck!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Airwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Okay I found out how to get around this little problem. They have maxed out each 'handle' to 8 characters. If you have more then 8 character, or have had more them 8 in the past (active or non active) they are all renewed as of now. Even if they are inactive they still need to be linked to a handle. I currently have 8 characters that are linked to my handle. In the past though I had 3 others that I deleted several years ago. These 3 ghosts of character's past now need their own handle in order for me to proceed into the game. I created a new handle named "WTF" and linked the 3 dead no name just blank id's, even though they are inactive, to this handle and was able to log in.

So you know you do not have to pay extra to create extra handles, they are simple how people see you when you are online. So you can in fact create a new 'handle' for each individual character you have on your account if you feel so inclined. That way each of those characters will have their own friend's list etc. If you have all 16 characters active you can just create a 2nd handle named the same with a 2 after it if for instance and link the 8 to your main 8 to the new handle. The unfortunate part being I think you will lose all your friend's list info on the characters moved to the new handle, but I'm not 100% on that one.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, to get logged in just follow do the following:
    Create a new handle
    Click on the new handle and then link
    Click the characters that do not have a star beside to link them to the new handle
    Click back
    done, you can now log in.
    (2)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I had this problem myself upon logging onto the client. I suppose I'll try that and see if I can log in.
    (0)

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyyy View Post
    today i tried logging on as usual, but got the msg that there is 8 content ids on my handle and it wont let me log on ffxi.. i havent changed any settings or added chars so very confused
    contacted se and they told me to remake a handle (which both se chat support people i contacted advised me to do) and add the chars which are active but it also added 4 empty long deleted ids like were on the other handle! nothing on se account management when i checked, just my usual chars active. tried deleting the empty content ids in the playonline menu also on the handle but they keep reappearing and dont delete. please help, someone. se havent given any advice that has fixed the problem yet idk what else to try... =/
    I am having the same issue. I just logged in for the first time today and getting the same message you are.
    (0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KoFWolf View Post
    It seems they have reduced the amount of characters we are allowed on our accounts without informing us. I really hope this is something that will be addressed immediately as we have already paid for those accounts thank you very much !
    It says I have 8 linked and I have my main and 4 chars.
    (0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Empty Content IDs count. If you had them enabled at one point, they are reactivated and waiting for characters to be created. It's possible to have 16 Content IDs.
    (0)