Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Wintur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    THF could use a lot of love, in order of most important -> least imo.

Lower SA/TA cooldowns, or buff Dagger DMG

Collaborator/Accomplice to feel like it does something? maybe one takes enmity/other gives? to possibly go with the dirge/sirvente change

Conspirator duration higher? 3min? prefer it lasts full 5, but reduced to just effect the THF(maybe 1 other player)

More Fights/Bosses where TH helps get drops

Perfect dodge to feel like it does something...not just a gimp invincible, maybe if it did something to counter mimics at least(like a hide aggro reset mechanic that works to drop aggro on a monster(s) )

Fun buffs to aura steal~ <3
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintur View Post
    THF could use a lot of love, in order of most important -> least imo.

Lower SA/TA cooldowns, or buff Dagger DMG

Collaborator/Accomplice to feel like it does something? maybe one takes enmity/other gives? to possibly go with the dirge/sirvente change

Conspirator duration higher? 3min? prefer it lasts full 5, but reduced to just effect the THF(maybe 1 other player)

More Fights/Bosses where TH helps get drops

Perfect dodge to feel like it does something...not just a gimp invincible, maybe if it did something to counter mimics at least(like a hide aggro reset mechanic that works to drop aggro on a monster(s) )

Fun buffs to aura steal~ <3
    Yeah, I agree with this. Outside of Ou, Dynamis and Volte gear, almost no-ilvl content benefits from TH because their is no extra slot to drop slot that TH can proc. I don't know if TH increases drops on mobs with fixed slots (like Omen bosses with 3 fixed drop slots, I'm not sure if TH helps make omen bodies drops but I still proc TH on it anyway
    (0)

Character
    Wintur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. Outside of Ou, Dynamis and Volte gear, almost no-ilvl content benefits from TH because their is no extra slot to drop slot that TH can proc. I don't know if TH increases drops on mobs with fixed slots (like Omen bosses with 3 fixed drop slots, I'm not sure if TH helps make omen bodies drops but I still proc TH on it anyway
    The omen body slot is widely believed to be like Pixie earring/Defending ring where one or the other always drops, thus meaning no point to TH or if TH did somehow matter for it, would also lower chances of getting it as a result of improving the lesser desired item's chance to drop.

In the end THFs just want to be brought to content, we are tired of being told "THF does no damage or THF just feeds too much TP"

Another possible thing that could be added since the devs were willing to add majesty for PLD, a possible "smoke cloud" type ability where party members affected by it generate no/reduced enmity. This would play around the enmity control theme as well.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd agree to a handful of recommendations and proposals concerning THF. Below i'll propose ten things.

1} Merit Group One : Each point for Sneak Attack Recast and Trick Attack Recast invested could be changed from "Shorten recast time by 2 seconds." to "Shorten recast time by 5 seconds."
    Pure and simple, this is Thief's bread and butter and how Thief elevates a job which specializes partly in traits and abilities that are not directly related to offensive prowess.

2} Merit Group Two: Feint | Incredible utility as it is, suffers from situations it can't consistently be applied with the same convenience of a RDM casting a Distract spell. I would recommend the recast timer changed to 45 seconds and the base effect duration set to 60 seconds with a new feint over-writing any active current duration.

3} Accomplice Job Ability: Recommend reduction of base recast from 5:00 mins to 1:30.

4} Collaborator Job Ability: Recommend reduction of base recast from 1:00 min to 0:30.

5} Steal: Recommend reduction of base recast from 5:00 min to 1:00. There is very little relation now between steal and ilvl 119 crafted equipment and there's no reason to have that high of a time gate placed on Aura Steal attempts.

6} Bully: FANTASTIC utility: Again as with feint suffers from situations it can't consistently be applied with the same convenience of Ninjutsu / Enfeebling magic. Again I would propose the recast timer changed to 45 seconds and the base effect duration set to 60 seconds with a new Bully over-writing any active current duration.

7} Job Trait adjustment: Recommendation; add four tiers of a Subtle Blow class III trait which exceeds and stacks with class I and class II types of Subtle Blow. Do so at LvL 5 +10 stat, LvL 30 +20 stat , LvL 60 +30 stat, LvL 90 +40 stat. These would not be accumulative.

The other route would be to create a single job trait that would double the effect and double the final cap of TP reduction AGI applies to reducing TP given to an enemy upon striking it.

8} Job Ability addition that competes with Hasso. This would need to carry the same effect duration and recast timer SAM enjoys with Hasso and be accessible at LvL 25 same as Hasso. How this Job Ability would differ; there would be no gain of +10% haste for melee attacks or +STR gain. Instead it would still give the +10 Acc, add +10% critical hit % and add +20 Store TP. This would be incompatible with Hasso & Seigan and over-write Hasso & Seigan and Hasso & Seigan would over-write this new Job Ability. Applied in same fashion to Job Ability proposal #9}

9} Job Ability addition that competes with Seigan. This would need to carry the same effect duration and recast timer SAM enjoys with Seigan and be accessible at LvL 35 same as Seigan. How this Job Ability would differ; completely unrelated to Seigan other than duration and recast timer. I propose this Job Ability would increase parameters for Magic Defense +12, Magic Evasion +75, Defense +50, Parry +150 at the penalty of -10 ACC, -5% critical hit % and increase weapon delay of auto-attacks by +60. This would be incompatible with Hasso & Seigan and over-write Hasso & Seigan and Hasso & Seigan would over-write this new Job Ability. Applied in same fashion to Job Ability proposal #8}

10} Itemization: Allow THF onto the SU5 Crossbow.
    Create a Crossbow from Ambuscade rewards and allow THF/WAR/DRK/RNG utilization. The Ullr can be used as a template for the Ambuscade Crossbow.
    Allow THF utilization of Abrasion Bolts.
    Create Escha area mid-tier and high-tier Crossbow rewards THF can utilize.
    Create LvL 99 / iLvL 119 Crossbow bolts with +60 R.Acc +60 M.Acc that have a 113 Damage and reliably will inflict status down effects of Sleep, Blindness and Attack Down.
    Place Subtle Blow II stat onto iLvL THF JSE : AF +1,+2, +3 Body & Hands & Feet of +5 Subtle Blow II. This could be done to Relic iLvL THF JSE for Relic +1, +2, +3 Head & Body & Feet as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 03-30-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Character
    Wintur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I know that I am relatively new to these forums, but I think maybe some people are a little misguided on the direction the devs want to go. THF in XI isn't the traditional rogue in WoW type job. We need to think more on the elusive/sneaky/misdirection side of things, which seems to be the direction the devs want to take THF in.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Since original launch THF had(have) access to bolts and crossbows adequately useful for status down applications and sleep and prior to COR was the 2nd BEST marksmanship job available below RNG.

We also had(have) THESE for archery, which preferably THF would cling more to crossbows with better skill cap and weapon selections.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kabura_Arrow
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Demon_Arrow
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Paralysis_Arrow
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sleep_Arrow

Granted these old ammunition can proc effects on ilvl119+ enemies, it would be very beneficial to add quality ilvl 119 equipment competency.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 03-30-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Character
    Wintur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    All those arrow effects would stay the same...just more damage on the arrow, what would be the point?
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    a hefty dose of +R.ACC / +M.ACC
    (0)

Character
    Wintur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    a hefty dose of +R.ACC / +M.ACC
    try using malignance to shoot your bolts/arrows <.<
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Mummu / Malignance do work, it would be nice to have 1-2 slot options for placing +snapshot/+rapid shot. Mummu is less challenging to obtain, Malignance... oh boy don't get me started on that can of worms. For any players in possession of the Flamma armor set, that armor set serves well for +M.acc, too, when it corresponds to a relevent action.

The proposal for ammunition additions is just about 2% of what i would consider to be agreed upon as it pertains to the # 1} through # 10} adjustment proposals that are outlined above.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-03-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast