Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Yeah, the one thing I'd like to see is a reduction in SA/TA/Hide timers along with Hide also applying for sound instead of just sight.

Other than that I can't really say much since I've been allergic to "end game" grind crap since forever. If there's End-Game LS requirements to an activity then I have no interest whatsoever in it.
    d(^^d)
    (0)

Player
    One could fix Thf by upping their damage, and they should probably get something along this line, but I'd much rather see Thf as someone who can totally control enmity, I think it would be very cool if they revamped things a bit.

Imagine if Accomplice/Collaborator had lower timers, stole more enmity, and/or were revamped a bit as follows.

I use Collaborator to steal 25% of my DD's 1000 (just to have a number to work with) enmity, so I now have 250 more enmity, I get a buff to represent this (250 Enmity), I can either click this buff off, making the enmity I stole vanish into thin air, OR if I use Trick Attack while I have this buff active, I can then transfer that buff to the tank in front of me when my hit lands. Would also be spiffy if this buff, while active surpassed the enmity cap.

Hide could give 4-5 seconds of invulnerability and/or clear aggro (think ala Drg's Super Jump), and if you did something that made you lose invisibility, you'd also lose the invulnerability.
    (3)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-17-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    One could fix Thf by upping their damage, and they should probably get something along this line, but I'd much rather see Thf as someone who can totally control enmity, I think it would be very cool if they revamped things a bit.

Imagine if Accomplice/Collaborator had lower timers, stole more enmity, and/or were revamped a bit as follows.

I use Collaborator to steal 25% of my DD's 1000 (just to have a number to work with) enmity, so I now have 250 more enmity, I get a buff to represent this (250 Enmity), I can either click this buff off, making the enmity I stole vanish into thin air, OR if I use Trick Attack while I have this buff active, I can then transfer that buff to the tank in front of me when my hit lands. Would also be spiffy if this buff, while active surpassed the enmity cap.

Hide could give 4-5 seconds of invulnerability and/or clear aggro (think ala Drg's Super Jump), and if you did something that made you lose invisibility, you'd also lose the invulnerability.
    Gotta agree with this. I prefer more hate control in most end game like AA.
    (2)

Character
    Stify
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd certainly like to keep this topic fresh and busy so that we can bring some awareness to the topic because quite frankly I would hate to work on a Vajra just to be told that "THF is for TH only" and never get to play the job in anything other can salvage II and Dyna... at this point im begging that we work togehter to bring the awareness that's the main reason I got off the unofficial sites and came directly to the one that can make a differance.
    (0)

Greetings,

We had a word with the lead developer for jobs and received some information to share.

While this is still in the idea phase and there is no guarantee for actual implementation, one idea for thief adjustment is to enhance their role as a job that controls the flow of enmity. The team is thinking in terms of lowering the recast timer for Collaborator and adding a way to transfer the hate stolen from both Collaborator and Accomplice.

The lead also mentioned that since a reduction of the recast timers for Sneak Attack and Trick Attack would also boost thief’s attack capability in addition to their control over enmity, they would have to look into this very carefully.

Again, please understand that this is all still in the idea phase and the team cannot make any promises at this time. If we receive any further information we’ll be sure to share.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Awesome Camate, here's some ideas I posted some years ago on this Forum thats been lost to the passage of time, i recently re-stated them after hearing them again from someone here on the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I have a thread dedicated to the idea of THF becoming a master of Enmity control, the jist of my ideas are something like.

Separating Collaborator/Accomplice timers. Reducing Accomplice to 3 minutes, and adding new abilities to fit the theme.

Blame - 1 minute timer
    Puts 25% of your current enmity onto a target.

Frame - 3 Minute timer
    Puts 50% of your current enmity onto a target.

Plead = 3 minute timer
    remove 25% of your enmity.

Innocent - 5 minute timer
    Dumps 99% of your enmity into nothingnes.

(All named in theme with the Collaborate/accomplice style of naming). This gives THF multiple options of enmity control. Take 50% of the WHMs enmity, dump it onto the PLD. Or take 25% of a DDs enmity and dump it into nothigness, so on, and so forth. This will give enmity control a real value, and THF would likely find its way welcomed into some of the "If you get hate as a DD, you die" fights, like Ark Angels. Well, at least good geared Thieves.

I think at least 1 "Give Enmity" and "Shed Enmity" Ability should be given to THF.
    Obvious I don't believe they will give us this kind of mastery as I'll even admit to it being a tad on the powerful side, but the ideas are there, and I'm glad, even if my ideas all that time ago wasn't the catalyst for their decision in this matter, that they're going down this path.

A boost to Enmity flow and Damage is a step in the right direction
    (8)

Player
    Wow this is great news for Thief and I like this a lot. reduction on recast timer for sneak attack and trick attack is awesome . It would be nice if a thief that have enmity stolen from player using collaborator and accomplice be transfer using a Trick Attack + Weapon Skill on pld. I have been thief for a long time and I have use Thief on Ark angel fight and thief job are good for their TH. However, I find myself having enmity even after i Trick Attack + Weapon skill. I'm not sure if that's a bug or Trick Attack + Ws doesn't give much enmity at all.

There was a post earlier but i can't find it anymore on people that want a new TH knife? Anyways instead of making a new TH knife i would like TH to be cap by using gear on TH8. I know Camate mention that on post. TH should be cap at TH8 this can be done if Relic 119 gloves offer + TH 3 Or Empyrean feet + 2 soon to be 119 have +2 TH that way there be no need for a TH knife anymore. Instead of making a new TH knife it be nice to see a Asteria, Coruscanti, Twilight Knife item level 119 and even better if Ranger can equip these Dagger since Jishnu's Radiance are DEX mod and If not possible maybe they should add new axe that have DEX in them because most of the time there is only AGI Axe for Ranger. These afterglow weapons are very cool and I hope something cool is being done to them in the future update.

This might be off topic but Camate Dnc are job hit very fast and they are very good support for tank but dnc will get alot of enmity that will come from Curing and Melee. I was thinking about if you make a Ja for Dnc that remove enmity for Dnc or Give that Enmity to a pld. I thought Karbuncle have a very interesting Post on Thief. If for some reason Dnc can't deal with getting Enmity than a Thief and Dnc have to stick together for every event .
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While this is still in the idea phase and there is no guarantee for actual implementation, one idea for thief adjustment is to enhance their role as a job that controls the flow of enmity. The team is thinking in terms of lowering the recast timer for Collaborator and adding a way to transfer the hate stolen from both Collaborator and Accomplice.

The lead also mentioned that since a reduction of the recast timers for Sneak Attack and Trick Attack would also boost thief’s attack capability in addition to their control over enmity, they would have to look into this very carefully.
    (8)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you still consider enmity part of a THF's main party role why did you give the ability to strip an entire partie`s hate and plant it onto 1 person to SCH and not THF? I understand SCH is supposed to be a tactical mage but it only has 2 spells that have anything to do with enmity, compared to what a THF has.
    (4)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Greetings,

We had a word with the lead developer for jobs and received some information to share.

Again, please understand that this is all still in the idea phase and the team cannot make any promises at this time. If we receive any further information we’ll be sure to share.
    How does that help if the enmity system is broken in general? Tanks lose hate 20 seconds into battle or you just stack rangers.
    Annihilator (and to lesser extent Yoichinoyumi) exist. Pet jobs hateless damage. Scholar's SP ability. Wildfire. List goes on.
    Pointless.
    At least we're not Red Mages.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast