Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    What comes to the difficulty, more of me was guessing that Very Easy could possibly be a more or less solo treat for someone with level 110-115 things, and less guessing that it would require at least the best of the best.

Why? Well, for one, it's content level 109 on Normal difficulty. Then again... I guess I don't know anything about content levels in general.

For two? Wishful thinking, I guess. I was probably hoping I'd have a shot, which is why I went in and tried without any item level equipment on me. I guess I could do it with some more help, but then I'd feel quite useless indeed, and I rather not have things handed over to me. ^^;
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Your post just reeks of gimpy, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    As I said before, I think the levels for them are somewhat close to.

VE=99
    E=106
    N=109
    H=113
    VH=119

The most common levels, 3~6 level gaps between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    DNC/whm, barblizzara, pro/shell, HP/atk food, lvl 115 & 106 WKR daggers, lvl 115 WKR hat and legs, Dark rings x2 [total PDT-12 & MDT-11], twilight neck & belt, Toetapper cape, Moonshade & Roundel earrings, lvl 113 boots and gloves and body
    Kindred Spirits [very easy]
    Maybe it's just me but that gear doesn't really strike me as "gimpy". Most of it is Lv 113-115. Considering the attempt was on Very Easy, I don't think it was unreasonable to assume it would be possible to complete.
    (6)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes I explained my gear. That is normal procedure in bcnm strategy run-throughs. My gear isn't the best. In capitals either. Because I'm not a sneering gear snob. Unlike some people. My gear is good working gear, and I play my job well. But 2013 FFXI doesn't care about that anymore. You have to have the right iLvl number under your equipment, which makes you instantly uber and means you can sneer at other players who don't have the extended-playtime or powerful LS to obtain that gear. FFXI used to be about being able to play the game with average-good gear if you had some skills, but now the only thing that matters is (as you so eloquently say) "your gear is not THE best." This is why so many ppl are quitting the game.
    However as none of the linkshells I'm on are doing these bcnms, or those LS are empty because people have quit FFXI after iLvl arrived, I attempted to solo and failed. I have already abandoned the reforged process and gone back to Campaign and partying with my friends and my Fellow, etc. as it was more fun than this iLvl snobby gear-wheel circus.

I hope you are in Bastok cause...
    Image was too big, so click.

And honestly?(for the rest) what do you expect in a game that is pretty much now run by botters & RMT? at this point I only play to tie up loose ends and to finish Seekers, then its off to XIV, everyone in my main ls has quit and moved on to XIV. I do hope with the new upcoming Trust system with npc's it'll help with the more difficult things, getting help for Behind the Sluices was worse than pulling teeth taking like 2+ months to actually find people since you. can't. solo. it. unlike old stuff where if god forbid you need a hand for that its "LOL SOLO IT! GET TO 99 AND GET A DELVE WEAPON AND SOLO IT GIMP LOLOLOL I'M POSTING UR GIMP ASS ON BG SO WE CAN LAUGH AT U LOLOLOLOL" or pay RMT botting pieces of shit for your win(s) and I'm almost at behind the sluices on my alt character and I know for a fact that I will be stuck there, though my blm dose have an iLevel 117 staff...oh wait its not iLevel 119! nope, no chance of progressing, nope nope nope. At least this upcoming event gives you the seals (if that's what you choose) so you thankfully get a chance to upgrade one AF armor to iLevel...well once the prices for the mats go down...
    (4)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I find the very hard modes an interresting feature for people testing their strength, and its not penalizing normal players since the same rewards come form lower difficulties battles.

That said, most of the Very difficult SKC 20 battles are actually easy (like everything in the game... it's easy once you know what to do...). Basically those fights are the same as the normal difficulty, except mobs get a boost on HP, evasion and magic evasion. For almost every battles, skirmish DDs, delve weapons, a bard with SV madrigals, is enough to cap you accuracy and you're good as a DD. For mages though, its impossible to sleep mobs reliably with the available iLvl gears (with exceptions...). However taking an ochain PLD is a good alternative. If no PLD, mages subbing BLM for elemental seal sleepga works great anyway.

The only "hard SKC 20" I found are the one with Tonberries, and the one with fomors (and thats because these mobs have annoying TP moves), the others are straightforward: PLD super tanks while DDs kill mobs one by one; or mages ES sleepga in turn while DDs kill one by one... lol. No special strategy needed. And I found the easiest one to be the fight with demons @ throne room.

I beat all the very difficult SCK20 with: BRD/BLMx2, WHM/BLMx2 and MNK/WARx2 (or /NIN). You can do anything with a balanced PT of DDx3 or DDx2+PLD, BRDx2 or BRD+COR or BRD+GEO, healerx1
    (1)
    Last edited by Monchat; 11-30-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Maybe it's just me but that gear doesn't really strike me as "gimpy". Most of it is Lv 113-115. Considering the attempt was on Very Easy, I don't think it was unreasonable to assume it would be possible to complete.
    It's a gimp mentality that he has. GOSH IM NOT A GEAR SNOB, as an excuse as to why someone can't do something. You can get the best gear in the game only playing like 1~2 hours a day or less. Skirmish is a snooze fest that takes barely any time and you could solo dyna for two hours for like three days and have enough gil to buy a win for any delve ilevel 119 if you are an extreme casual player and can't commit to LS. People who say things like "Gear snob" are just generally very lazy players who want to be carried by SE.
    (5)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So me and mdk beat all very hard mode SKC10 or SKC20 NMs. I'm not sure of the point of doing them still. For SKC20 you do get more seals but the risk is not worth this extra +1/2 seal and beside you need one normal batlle anyway, so the fastest and easiest is normal > tough then spam tough. The point of VHM seems that you always get one rare item, sometimes 2, but honestly all the drops seem to suck I'm not sure why they are still worth millions (wut +10seconds on songs seriously?).

For SK10 it's even worse. One of the battles is close to impossible, the other 3 are easy in VHM. VHM doesn't even drop RME upgrade mats. The items suck even more (random elemental evasion rings or capes..).

They all drop a title though, might be something to be used in the future ?
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This game has always had "impossible" battles. Back in the 75 cap days it was Jailer of Love, Dynamis Lord, Bahamut, and Vrtra to name a few. And they probably were "impossible" to any random pickup group with moderate gear. But they were still defeated fairly regularly by linkshells full of skilled players, with great gear, who worked well together. I haven't done any of these fights on Very Hard, but I imagine it's the same.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    I hope you are in Bastok cause...
    Image was too big, so click.

And honestly?(for the rest) what do you expect in a game that is pretty much now run by botters & RMT? at this point I only play to tie up loose ends and to finish Seekers, then its off to XIV, everyone in my main ls has quit and moved on to XIV. I do hope with the new upcoming Trust system with npc's it'll help with the more difficult things, getting help for Behind the Sluices was worse than pulling teeth taking like 2+ months to actually find people since you. can't. solo. it. unlike old stuff where if god forbid you need a hand for that its "LOL SOLO IT! GET TO 99 AND GET A DELVE WEAPON AND SOLO IT GIMP LOLOLOL I'M POSTING UR GIMP ASS ON BG SO WE CAN LAUGH AT U LOLOLOLOL" or pay RMT botting pieces of shit for your win(s) and I'm almost at behind the sluices on my alt character and I know for a fact that I will be stuck there, though my blm dose have an iLevel 117 staff...oh wait its not iLevel 119! nope, no chance of progressing, nope nope nope. At least this upcoming event gives you the seals (if that's what you choose) so you thankfully get a chance to upgrade one AF armor to iLevel...well once the prices for the mats go down...
    What'd I just read.....I see SKCNM /shout party every day. I finished 3 pieces in a few hours, 1 PUG and 1 LS run, made nearly 3M in 1st run by selling weapons and pluton. It doesn't seem hard to find ppl wanting to do it, since new AF is pretty good and you get free seals from log in point.

I think very difficult needs better reward. No point to do very difficult if you can get everything in normal/difficult mode.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    nobody will do those battles after the login point campaign lol. At least I wont. Farming seals is the most boring thing to do.
    (1)

10. 12-03-2013 06:26 PM

11. 12-03-2013 06:49 PM

12. 12-03-2013 06:55 PM

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    People go through an awful lot of stress for a thing they ostensibly do for recreation.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast