Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

SKC BCNMs: Very Hard = Impossible?

Is the Very Hard mode on the new BCNMs set for future proofing, or just flat out buggy? Just attempted a Divine Punishers fight, and we got wiped in one minute due to the fact that nobody could ever hit. My Monk with high accuracy, sushi and the iLevel 115 H2H was missing 90 percent of the time. Was this intentional?
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You can hit decently if you bring acc buffs and higher ilvl items similar to how hard it was to hit bosses in delve before ilvl update
    (2)

You really need ilvl 119 weapons for all melees for the very hard fights. A selection of feint/brd/cor/geo is going to help substantially too. Also a lot of people are just using blanket 5/5 skirmish gear, most of which offers very little in the way of acc.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah Very Hard = Delve 119 gear needed. The other two modes can be done with lower level gear.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    As I said before, I think the levels for them are somewhat close to.

VE=99
    E=106
    N=109
    H=113
    VH=119

The most common levels, 3~6 level gaps between them.
    (1)

6. 11-29-2013 12:05 AM

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Stompa,

Doesn't Divine Punishers have items for the feet armour only? As far as I can tell, only Kindred Spirits has copies of the Rem's Tale, chapter 2 (body). I guess I better look into it again, and fix the tables I made, if need be. ^^;

Thanks for posting your findings though. After I tried Kindred Spirits twice with a party of four (Normal and Very Easy), it was clear to me that they intended people to not solo the battles, and that they're balanced for characters having item level equipment (which I don't). It was hard for me to tell what it would be for someone with said items, but I guess I know now.

Waiting for them items to be available somewhere else. :S
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

8. 11-29-2013 12:34 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Tried Kindred Spirits [very easy] on solo,Me; DNC/whm, barblizzara, pro/shell, HP/atk food, lvl 115 & 106 WKR daggers, lvl 115 WKR hat and legs, Dark rings x2 [total PDT-12 & MDT-11].

It is not possible to solo the items for reforged body, because of the mobs damage output.
    This to me is brilliant.

You explain your gear, which obviously isn't 'THE best', then a flat out statement that it isn't soloable. I think I'll wait til Byrth or someone tries it with lvl 119 weapons/gear, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Heh, I'm already pretty much capped out on body seals, though. I beat Kindred Spirits with 6 people on Normal to Very Difficult mode. It's considerably easier than some of the other fights. A unprepared 6-man group is going to top out at "Difficult" and be unable to beat "Very Difficult" within the time limit. A group that can't pull in a Paladin is probably going to have trouble with "Difficult." An appropriately prepared group is going to have no problem with VD and will find Kindred Spirits to be one of the easier VD fights.

Group: Paladin (Ochain), White Mage, Bard (4 songs recommended for Very Difficult), Monk x3
    Strategy: Kill BLM -> DRK -> WAR -> SMN and use Sacrosanctity around 60% on the SMN. Have your melees eat Sushi for Difficult / Very Difficult.
    (2)

11. 11-29-2013 10:10 AM

Sneering gear snob? Your post just reeks of gimpy, sorry. You don't even have the best gear and you expect to SOLO a BCNM that the developers intended people to party up for? The BCNMs are a complete joke at easy difficulty. SE created that difficulty with lazy players like you in mind, so that is your option. I doubt it's why "so many ppl are quitting the game." Other games are considerably worse with gear checks in fights. You need at least two~three people to do them, I highly doubt nobody is willing to go with you to get seals from a bcnm.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Yes I explained my gear. That is normal procedure in bcnm strategy run-throughs. My gear isn't the best. In capitals either. Because I'm not a sneering gear snob. Unlike some people. My gear is good working gear, and I play my job well. But 2013 FFXI doesn't care about that anymore. You have to have the right iLvl number under your equipment, which makes you instantly uber and means you can sneer at other players who don't have the extended-playtime or powerful LS to obtain that gear. FFXI used to be about being able to play the game with average-good gear if you had some skills, but now the only thing that matters is (as you so eloquently say) "your gear is not THE best." This is why so many ppl are quitting the game.
    However as none of the linkshells I'm on are doing these bcnms, or those LS are empty because people have quit FFXI after iLvl arrived, I attempted to solo and failed. I have already abandoned the reforged process and gone back to Campaign and partying with my friends and my Fellow, etc. as it was more fun than this iLvl snobby gear-wheel circus.
    Congratulations on completely missing the point.

I wasn't being snobby about how bad your gear is, I was simply saying that you can't try and state how a fight is impossible, just because you can't do it. Especially since you are using the 2nd best and ~4/5th best daggers I think. Also, using 5/5 Iuitl gear and getting some better augments on them to increase your -PDT will help immensely.

Also, I doubt that /whm is going to be the best option. Maybe /RUN, especially since you'll have fan dance up the whole time, so won't be affected by the samba/rune conflict.

Also, to your point about me being a gear snob: I play BRD a bit. It's not my favourite, but we didn't have any other BRD in the LS, so I chose to make a Daurdabla. It's only 90, but it has been enough to get me into delve PUGs a bit. I killed the shark once and tojil twice is all, but that was enough to get me the 119 dagger. I only play 2-3 evenings a week, and my LS is by no means uber.
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast