Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    I'm under the impression that the timer might be lower than Lunge. This could allow Run to spam elemental damage at a higher rate if the timer is low enough, and with only the last rune used instead of all three. Then there's the fact we can use gambit to lower that elemental resistance further. However would the difference in damage between Lunge and Swipe be simular to single target and -aga spells, or maybe swipe is just 1/3 that of lunge.. ? Would there be an increase to lunge damage?

Lunge is also magical damage, and I'm fairly sure it can be used as a magic burst if timed with the right runes active. If swipe is also magical elemental damage then it could add an extra source of magic burst. Gambit > Ws1 (aply 1 rune) + Ws2 > skillchain> Blm+swipe = Magic Burst x2 (hopefully gambit is still up)
    I should have been more clear in my statment. When I said "Swipe boggles my mind", I mean it in the sense of they just said they want to make RUN more capable to tank. Unless this has heavy enmity strapped to it, all it will be is an extra JA proc and a way to add damage during Invincible. That's all it has going for it is being magical damage so far. I highly doubt SE made Swipe as potent as Lunge because they didn't mention Lunge in the update (though I hope talks about it have them reconsider it). Without even needing to test it, Swipe will just lower your damage over time because of the inherent delay of using any job ability and resuming auto attacking. Swipe > JA delay > Rune Enchantment > JA Delay. So it doesn't increase your damage over time and therefore will not increase your enmity unless it has some huge enmity amount tacked on to it.

Regarding Magic Bursting, setting up a skillchain is just not practical any more unless the enemy you're fighting needs skillchains to be made (which is barely anything) or you're doing a self-skillchain. As RUN/SAM, you'll be losing Provoke which is why I'm hoping this has enmity strapped to it. The only thing Swipe looks to do is give another source of elemental damage but that doesn't really help RUN with tanking or anything really. Is it cool to have another ability to swing and do elemental damage? Sure. Is it effective? Not really, not if it's just a mini-Lunge.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It looks like swipe is gonna be 1/3 the power of lunge, ie: your lunge deals 1500 dmg, a swipe would deal 500 dmg.
    I don't really think the question is "what's the timer gonna be" or "will this have higher generated enmity"... I think the real question is "what's the level that RUN gets this at?"
    Cause I'm expecting something like <25. If Lunge is a up-to-3-hit JA, and Swipe is a 1-hit JA... It would stand to reason that this is a "low level JA"... which is absolutely absurd, IMO... because the way they have RUN and GEO set up... the jobs practically demand you ignore levels 2-98.
    And because I'm expecting this to be a lv... 15ish (cause that sounds about right given that runes start at lv5) JA... I don't think it's gonna have a super low timer. Lunge has a 3m timer... so Swipe could have anywhere from 1m to 3m timer... it all really depends on what level RUN gets it at: if it's low level like it looks like (cause it's a baby Lunge) then it will probably have a similar timer to Lunge, if it's a random 99 JA.... then it would probably be a lower timer.
    But I see no reason it would be a high-level JA... given how it's a baby Lunge and Lunge is a lv25 JA that gets better as the number of runes capable of being held increases.

As to "will it be more powerful/just as powerful as Lunge".... um... what? Why would popping one magical rune to make a strike on an opponent be AS POWERFUL as popping 2 or 3? It's gonna be as powerful as Lunge with 1 rune.

And as to the other two adjustments... the +acc is just... what?
    "RUN needs more defense against poking because we shafted it with light-armor-only and no shield support."
    "I know! Give it more acc! Cause THAT will make it take less physical damage!"
    Um... what? SE... I'mma need you to... stop whatever led to that thinking. (I think they said "so you can focus on wearing -PDT stuff instead of acc stuff"... but... I don't think they realize that ppl don't wear Thaumas Coat for the acc mod.)
    And the JA-cure... I dunno... it could be either supercrap... or supersexy.... but there's really no middle ground with it. Either it's doomed to a redic recast timer that makes it worthless... or it heals for such a piddly amount that it's not worth even using... Or it's a fullcure on a 2min timer (or w/e).... or it's a JA cure4/rune... or something equally crazygood.
    (I also worry a bit about if it gains potency not as a function of rune number... but of rune type... cause if it's potency is affected by type and not just number... then with certain runes, it would be so situational that it's made crap unless you're using flabra, unda or lux...)

And as to the RF2 (cause it ain't an AF2... they already said that it's just "relic-like" and will be gotten via a quest/line...)... I'm expecting it to be like PLD's RF1/+1 randomly turned into: -eleventybillionDT EVERYWHERE...
    Or maybe just a large amount of -PDT... Though I don't think anyone would complain if there was any -MDT there.
    As for it's look...
    It's salmon, not pink. Stop being sexist/homophobic and learn your colors. Cause if you're gonna be a bigot, at least get your hatespeech right about what color is "emasculating" you.
    (Of course not liking the color scheme is perfectly fine... but a person shouldn't have to preface their "I don't like the colors on this one" with "I'm a girl"... cause we shouldn't have to be worried about being grouped in with the sexists/homophobes who go nanners when they get threatened by the color of a fake set of clothes that their digital avatars might not even wear.)
    And speaking of emasculating... I'm sorry... but the WHOLE JSE of RUN is "emasculative".
    You wear a tiara.
    You have thigh-high "hooker boots".
    Your coat is so long it might as well be a dress.
    And you carry around a GIANT sword. (for some: to compensate. for me: I'm a size-queen... so the whole look of RUN's JSE just amuses me to no end. I love it.)
    And that's not even getting to the actual job's function of glittering yourself up with sparkly floaty arcane symbols...
    Personally... I look forward to my new golden tiara, salmon colored dress-coat, and salmon thigh-high-hooker-boots.
    They'll look fa~bu~lo~us along side my ginormous golden greatsword. ;p
    *triplesnap*
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 02-13-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added the sass of the *triplesnap*

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Swipe could also by reason by a high level JA for many reasons other than damage output. If it has enmity increase and is more of a taunt with elemental damage. That's one reason to make it not subjob level. Also the fact that it doesn't erase all of your runes can also be a potential reason to keep it above subjob level. We'll have to see when it comes out next week. I am hoping it has something else not explained because it looks really underwhelming and currently by description doesn't make any sense for helping to tank.

Accuracy Bonus makes sense and I'm glad they are adding it, it expands gear and food options for mitigating damage without sacrificing as much accuracy, especially on newer content which is just loaded with evasion.
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I personally like the idea of Swipe. I play RUN a lot and I use it as a tank in my events and not as a DD. I'm not sure how other people try to play as a tank but I use /nin and dps is not the way I hold hate. I'm constantly casting and using JA so a JA that allows me to do damage is very welcomed. Against NM I ride my Lounge timer like Seabiscuit. I'm hoping that swipe is no more then 1min recast. With the way I tank that should cement most mobs to me.

Vivacious Pulse I also welcome because self curing also helps generate enmity and helps keep the mob on me. It still baffles me that people are trying to only DD with RUN. It's never going to work that way. With /nin and all the other JA and spells we have it makes it pretty hard to kill RUN with support. And when I say support I mean a WHM maybe having to cure bomb if the mob happens to do an aoe then dispel right after which would give any tank problems.
    (1)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    I play RUN a lot and I use it as a tank in my events and not as a DD. I'm not sure how other people try to play as a tank but I use /nin and dps is not the way I hold hate.
    I can't seem to make an effective macro set for Rune beyond the standard single book for JA and a weapon skill or two. Bouncing between Ja and Magic while working in a Weapon skill tends to ocasionally stick on the wrong set for the wrong macro.. If you know of any good Rune fencer guide for tanking , gear sets and creating functional macros. Please point me into that direction I need to get out of the dd thinking on rune.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It is just very long coat tails and less dress looking than XIV's smn body where you are wearing a green trench coat with a white tunic that goes mid thigh. Any colour that is in the pink mixed with orange family shouldn't be used in clothing. I don't mind the knee high hooker boots specially on female models concerning how most armor looks on a female character. I'm looking at you harness armor sets or the ninja AF/relic pants that literally are bikini bottoms sewn to chaps with fishnet stockings. I don't play Run my self but my husband does and I have to say these changes have made him want to login more than just for the points and our ls's two event nights. Hopefully the adjustments will be better than what the little amount of info we do have and not half-assed like so many other things SE has done with adjustments and the like.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MY EYES, IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!

The decision to make it pink is terrible, if only they still can change it. That March update better come quick.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 02-23-2014 at 09:11 AM.

what's wrong with that armor?
    (4)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You know I dont even care about the color any more I'm just trying to figure out what pieces between the two sets should be upgraded to 119. Then what pieces of Af+Rel should be standard Rune attire and what gets macroed in and out.
    (0)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    SE needs to give run sneak, invisible, haste , and maybe some self buffs like acc def attk up
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast