Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Luscia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Recent Wyvern Adjustment

"The attack, defense, accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, and magic attack of wyverns will now increase based on the item level of the weapon equipped in the main hand."

I currently have the +1 skirmish polearm equipped, but haven't seen any difference in my wyvern. His dmg and breath dmg are the same they have always been. Has anyone seen a noticeable difference?
    (0)

Since Breath Damage is based on Current HP, and that (Wyvern HP boost) was already added before this update, I don't see that breaths would be any different now than they used to be.
    (0)

Character
    Luscia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    True, but my overall point is that I don't see any difference in his dmg at all.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Really? That's disappointing.
    I know my Avatars received HUGE boost in the AA area.
    Before, they hit for jack... now they're hitting for ~50 more than me and my Balsam staff.
    So.... not really sure why a 113 avatar is out AA my 117 staff... buuuut... that only happened after the update.
    Did DRG's wyverns really not get a similar buff???
    (before Avatar AA was.... basically the same as at 99)
    (0)

Character
    Luscia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I still haven't noticed anything and my bf was saying he hasn't noticed much in the ways of his BLU spells aside from the magic acc boost (stun now lands in skirmish 2 for him) and heavy strike's dmg. Maybe I'll hop on SMN and see if I can see a difference there since my weapon would be 113, just like my polearm.
    (0)

Player
    I submitted this as a bug report but they moved my thread into a "Working as intended' forum.

"The attack, defense, accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, and magic attack of wyverns will now increase based on the item level of the weapon equipped in the main hand."
    If anyone in the NA community team reads this, please examine what I'm about to say well.

I have a strong suspicion the developers intended to enhance Wyvern breath potency but erroneously gave the Wyvern an increase in the 'Magic Attack' stat. Magic Attack is not a component of any breaths that Dragoon's wyverns use...instead the formulas for breaths use MaxHP(for healing breaths) and current hp(for elemental breaths). I have a theory about how this may have happened. Deep Breathing grants the Wyvern a 'Magic Attack Boost' status effect. This is noted when you activate the ability and let it wear off without using a breath. Despite the fact that the "Magic Attack Boost" that Deep Breathing imparts to the wyvern, Magic Attack grants no benefit. This is exemplified when a Dragoon received "Puppet's Roll" which grants enhanced Magic Attack to pets, but Breaths are not enhanced. Additionally, if a DRG uses an Ascetic's Tonic(MAB+20) and uses Spirit Link with Empathy merited, the Wyvern will indeed receive the status "Magic Attack Bonus" however breath potency will be unaffected. I solemly think the developers enhanced Wyvern's "Magic Attack" perhaps because Deep Breathing's effect is erroneously called "Magic Attack Boost" instead of like "Deep Breathing Effect" or "Breath Attack Boost".

In sum, since the last patch, Wyvern breath potency has not changed at all with my Upukirex yet Wyverns were given a "Magic Attack Boost" which currently does nothing. I posted a bug report but it was removed and classified as "Working as intended." I hope a NA dev team member reads my post and has a dev member reevaluate the purpose of "Magic Attack" boost for wyverns from the last version update.

P.S(I recorded breath damage before and after patch, using an Upukirex, level 5 parameter boost, full HP, lancer's torque,wyrm armet+2 and glassblower belt. The damage was 444 prepatch and is 444 post patch. Healing Breath is still the same, with all the Wyvern+HP gear available and Breath Potency gear, at 0% TP and max parameter boost, my wyvern heals for 1244. I'm not sure if they actually gave the Wyvern something stupid like MAB+40(which does nothing) they intended to enhance breath damage (and the localization team accidentally translated breath attack bonus into MAB) but they set the Breath Attack bonus to 0/glitched.

Why would they give wyverns magic attack bonus when magic attack bonus does nothing for them, and if they intended to raise the un-named stat that enhances breath potency but colloquially referred to it as MAB, that un-named stat was set to 0 because with item level 119 polearm, i notice no difference in potency vs. pre-update.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 10-17-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Player
    So, while the damage adjustment seems to be nonexistent the breath accuracy is working nicely.

The max damage from the (normal) breaths for me seems to be 368. And, it's 95% 368, almost no 1/2 1/4 1/8 resists.

So in that respect, at least it's a step in the right direction, though the damage is still less than 5% of my weaponskill damage, and the "white damage" and attack speed of the wyvern are still terrible, beyond terrible.

I think that, it'd be fair (for dragoon at least, not bst not pup ((maybe smn??)) that the pet should get stats equal to the dragoon. Letting it cap haste isn't going to break the game etc.

The wyverns survivability is workable now, it gets our food, it gets our buffs (through links) but it's damage is very lackluster still. The entire combined contribution of it's damage is less than or equal to one weaponskill by the dragoon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 10-18-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Player
    It only gets our food with AF3 body which is more or less obsolete. If it worked like AF2 body where we eat the food with it on and it gained the food effect permanently for the duration, letting us unequip the plackart and maintain the food effect, it'd be a huge boon. My Wyvern parses 0.5-1% of total damage on any given Delve NM. The only purpose of Wyverns in endgame is to simply exist so that we get a bonus to Spirit/Soul Jump. If Spirit and Soul Jump did not exist or worked without Wyverns, we would pretty much never need to Call Wyvern.

Again I please ask Camate or someone to investigate the Magic Attack bonus because it doesn't do anything!
    (2)

Player
    If anyone else submits a bug report maybe they'll take another look at it...they rejected mine
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    If anyone else submits a bug report maybe they'll take another look at it...they rejected mine
    Send another? Have they actually fixed any bugs reported by the English community in the recent past?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast