Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aljo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Voidwatch prerequisite for unlocking weapon skills troubles

Looking over the update notes the quest "Guardian of the Void" being completed is a requirement in order to unlock weapon skills, for some players like myself who missed the time when Voidwatch was being done this is a wall in progress. With dwindling player numbers, finding players to complete these fights within a reasonable time is almost impossible to all, but those with extreme amounts of patience. an easing of the difficulty or reducing the number of fights would be very helpful.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aljo; 11-11-2013 at 07:43 AM.

2. 11-10-2013 09:59 PM

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All you need are the first 3 city fights and these are a joke nowadays.

A single skirmish/delve DD and a healer can duo most of them.
    (3)

4. 11-11-2013 08:44 AM

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    All you need are the first 3 city fights and these are a joke nowadays.

A single skirmish/delve DD and a healer can duo most of them.
    Is there some store where I can buy a skirmish/delve DD?
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljo View Post
    Looking over the update notes the quest "Guardian of the Void" being completed is a requirement in order to unlock weapon skills, for some players like myself who missed the time when Voidwatch was being done this is a wall in progress. With dwindling player numbers, finding players to complete these fights within a reasonable time is almost impossible to all, but those with extreme amounts of patience. an easing of the difficulty or reducing the number of fights would be very helpful.
    They have already talked about making adjustments to VW so that it is easier to lowman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Pyrrhic kleos is a better ws than rudra's (imo) and it comes from a lol base trial weapon and 500~ ws. Theres no reason at all why empy ws couldn't have been unlocked with a trial weapon / number of ws, by anyone regardless of owning a finished empy or not. I never owned a mythic but I got stacks of mythic ws and those weapons are supposed to be the badger's nadgers.
    Mythic weapons are good because of their Aftermaths, nothing more, their WSs in and of themselves suck, very few are worth using, most notably Drakesbane and Stringing Pummel. Empyrean weapon skills have been the best WSs for almost all weapons since they were released, the only time any fell from this status really were when the Merit WSs were put in the game, at which point many fell from the top such as Torcleaver or J.Radiance when Resolution and Apex came out. The reason Mythic WSs are easier to get is because they are worse in almost all cases, which is the same reason why Mythics give them a 30% WS Bonus when used with their Mythic, while Relics give 40% and Empyreans give no bonus, because Empyreans were made to be miles ahead of them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Also not sure about the duo, we did it in a pug with like 8 ppl and it was really slow on some of stages. And the first pug I joined actually failed because the leader was a big meatsock and when people dc'ed during battles he refused to re-take that stage so those people were left standing in jugner forest etc. while the leader dragged the party to the next stage, this happened three times, he lost 3 players <that way> and then his small remaining group wiped on stage 4 which is karma, lol.
    Depending on the path, they can be soloed or duoed, the only NMs I foresee any issues with from a well geared and skilled player would be Sandy, where the T3s are particularly nasty, the others would be easy, really, I can solo all of the T4s besides the Ironclad, and probably could solo that too if the stripping move wasn't annoying enough for me to not even bother with trying. Its not nearly as hard as it used to be, and even if it were, throw a couple displacers at it if you have to or wait for the update to VW itself, either one will solve your issues, or at least they should

It just extra work for what is basically a ws, no better than mythic or wsnm skills
    What I must truly wonder is, if they are no better than easier to obtain WSs, why would people care about unlocking them in the first place? Fact of the matter is, Empyrean WSs are far better for most weapons.

they could have just made a trial weapon drop in Aby/Woe and you do # of ws with it. Requirement of owning an Empy is also BS. I'm chalking down the process of Empy ws unlocking /woepath nerfing as the worst decision SE have made in ages, which is quite an achievement considering we also had iLvl etc.
    Not sure how it was a bad idea. Once of the only reasons people wanted an Ukon WAR for VW rather than just any old WAR is because Ukko's was by far the best WS for Great Axe, if you did not have that, you used Raging Rush, which was hardly a fair comparison in damage, Ukko's blew it away, and it was the best WS WAR had besides Ukko's. Unlocking these WSs gives a bit more freedom and DD power to jobs, in all honesty, I wish Relic WSs were unlockable too, so Scythe could finally get a use besides Apoc DRKs only, and those are only in certain content too.

People farming manibozo jerkin & upgrading it with millions of gil for the lvl 110 piece then lvl 110+ skirmish & bayld gear arrives which is basically free. I know ppl who quit because they farmed delve and upgraded the armors and now those are gimp a few months later. Lots of dumb stuff like that, plus empy ws unlocking path, af1 upgrade path. Stupid stupid stupid.
    Giving us more content is stupid? I agree that outdating everything in almost every way is bad, yes, but they haven't really done anything with RMEs or RF gear that seems to point to that conclusion for them. RMEs are at 119 right now, the old WKs which were at 106 are now 116, which means that they are on par with all other WKs. Before, the argument for progression bypassing level 119 was that the original WKs were 106, and if the new WKs were higher leveled, then so to would be their Delve counterparts, however, that has changed, and it seems 119 is the cap we will have for quite some time. On top of that, RF gear is being upgraded to 119 in the next update, putting it at the top of the foodchain for now and easily showing it should not be outdated any time soon.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Skirmish takes no effort, shout for a couple BLMs and you can do Yorcia easy, doin the earlier ones for a pair of H2H may take a bit more time since you will need multiple runs, but all in all I think a total of 10 or less Skirmish runs would get you a fully geared Skirmish DD accessories not included, they come sold separately in Abyssea or Delve.
    (4)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Is there any particular reason you can't be one yourself? Skirmish gear is so pathetically easy to acquire, about the only way they could make it any easier is just by sending it straight to your dbox.
    (4)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    they made it like this to get people into doing VW again. so far it not that bad, VW is lot easy to do now . all of the city NMs you can mostly duo or even solo some. most of this was done before the ilvl gear/delve etc so it should not be a problem now. can do some /shouts, lot of players now are willing to do city clear if they dont have
    (0)

Greetings,

We understand that there have been comments about the quest to unlock Empyrean/Walk of Echoes weapon skills being a bit difficult, especially for people who have never really participated in Voidwatch.

While content difficulty differs from person to person, we’d like to open this content up to players that have done it before, are in the midst of doing it, and those who have not yet tried. We are aiming to reduce the cost of Void Clusters from 100,000 gil to 20,000 gil in the December version update, and will also be removing the limit on how many can be purchased each week.

However, testing is required right up to the December version update, and currently we cannot guarantee implementation during that update. We apologize about this and appreciate your understanding.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yay! I'll get my Tavnazia clears! Or I could just shout for them. I usually build good VW parties.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljo View Post
    All you need is a good party of six compentant players to do city VW clears. Some people have even done videos of soloing the teir IVs fights.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast