Thread: ridiculous...

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

ridiculous...

i feel sorry for the people who have to once again upgrade their hard earned lv99 RMEs, the amount of time, effort and gil they have put into making the best weapons in the game and SE decides to ruin it all by pretty much saying "we've made you best weapons terrible! now either pay another 300M to upgrade again or GTFO!". It would be just been better if SE just FIXED the problem by having the RMEs instantly upgraded from the update to at least be usable in current endgame content or just a simple quest instead of once again making the players waste a stupid amount of gil which i doubt most them even have anywhere near.
    (9)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

The upgrade actually cost only around 50m if you buy all the items at 200k. Most people wanted some method to upgrade the REM... why would you wanna log into the game with fully upgraded weapons already? Don't you think that would be boring? This at least gave people something to do and revamped some content like WOE, Abyssea (semi) and Dynamis etc. A lot of people are actually sitting on tons of gil atm. There was almost nothing to spend gil on with everything being rare/ex after Adoulin, so you should have been able to make a bit by selling airlixirs or skirmish 2 stones. Stop complaining already.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The upgrade actually cost only around 50m if you buy all the items at 200k. Most people wanted some method to upgrade the REM... why would you wanna log into the game with fully upgraded weapons already? Don't you think that would be boring? This at least gave people something to do and revamped some content like WOE, Abyssea (semi) and Dynamis etc. A lot of people are actually sitting on tons of gil atm. There was almost nothing to spend gil on with everything being rare/ex after Adoulin, so you should have been able to make a bit by selling airlixirs or skirmish 2 stones. Stop complaining already.
    The prices are about 500k for relic, 350k empyrean 200k mythic. A lot of it is due to cross server buying people actually went around transferring characters to buy up these items. Personally I can afford to buy out the relic items out right because I sold a lot of airlixers from tojil spam back when that was a thing, but there just is very little people selling the the more hardcore people with mules in jeuno pretty much get everything at the moment.

This may be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I agree that you should do something to get the weapons but no way should it be 300 because that is excessive, considering you probably already have done delve a lot of times. They should of made the r/m/e items buyable with plasm, or make it only 30 instead of 300. A lot of people have like 5+ rme and thats a lot of time to upgrade them all at 300 drops each.
    (4)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The prices are about 500k for relic, 350k empyrean 200k mythic. A lot of it is due to cross server buying people actually went around transferring characters to buy up these items. Personally I can afford to buy out the relic items out right because I sold a lot of airlixers from tojil spam back when that was a thing, but there just is very little people selling the the more hardcore people with mules in jeuno pretty much get everything at the moment.

This may be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I agree that you should do something to get the weapons but no way should it be 300 because that is excessive, considering you probably already have done delve a lot of times. They should of made the r/m/e items buyable with plasm, or make it only 30 instead of 300. A lot of people have like 5+ rme and thats a lot of time to upgrade them all at 300 drops each.
    If the cases/boxes dropped from the appropriate NMs... (dynamis=relic, ToAU=Mythic, and Abyssea/VW=Empy)
    I don't think the 300 is all that much.... or rather.... I think the bonus from the WS+weapon match is worth the 300 item farm...
    But forcing Delve for it...
    Not fun.
    Plus there's the whole not getting the ones you need...

If they dropped at similar rates as they do from Delve NMs...
    But from NMs that you can farm in areas that are related to your REM...
    You can choose the NMs that will give you the items you need... and will likely be easier to get 300 than Delve NMs. (by "easier", I mean: more solo/lowman opportunities.)

(the funny thing is... at least to me... is the fact that they said multiple times "we won't be doing any more Magian trials ever again"... and then they give this quest that is totes nothing like the 75/80-99 upgrade magian trials... 9_9 so much irony)
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This quest is quite easy to accomplish in various methods. It's a pain for anyone playing with a single character and tends to play solo. It's better than ADL at the least, but that's not saying much. We can argue both ways that it should have been soloable or require 2 or more characters and etc things until we're blue in the face but the undeniable fact still stands: Once more people are faced with two choices - grind or pay up. I'm tired of spending money on my weapons. So unless I can stomach grinding 300 drops with two characters, I give up on mine. Not worth the hassle anymore. I'm tired of us having to beg them for updates to them every two or three years. Enough is enough.

The FFXI end game that we all grew to enjoy for nearly a decade despite it's negatives is dead, and I finally accept that yes if the current direction continues they will absolutely replace RMEs for good. They can't exist in a tiered end game system. But that doesn't mean their benefits can't be salvaged through a trait or KI or whatever to work on all weapons. They should have just focused on that and been done with it instead of revamps. Shrug
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I like the fact that the crafted ilvl are still on par or better than upgraded r/m/e.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    i feel sorry for the people who have to once again upgrade their hard earned lv99 RMEs, the amount of time, effort and gil they have put into making the best weapons in the game and SE decides to ruin it all by pretty much saying "we've made you best weapons terrible! now either pay another 300M to upgrade again or GTFO!". It would be just been better if SE just FIXED the problem by having the RMEs instantly upgraded from the update to at least be usable in current endgame content or just a simple quest instead of once again making the players waste a stupid amount of gil which i doubt most them even have anywhere near.
    What they should have done, and it's been mentioned over and over again is to make them upgradable by either using translurry or or plasm, hell they could have even made them upgradable using 550k or a million bayl, or /gasp, an actual quest
    (3)

8. 11-11-2013 12:23 PM
    Reason
    Posted early, was not finished...

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    If the cases/boxes dropped from the appropriate NMs... (dynamis=relic, ToAU=Mythic, and Abyssea/VW=Empy)
    Doing level 75 NMs for a level 119 weapon makes no sense, neither does doing level 90ish NMs for a level 119 NM.

But forcing Delve for it...
    Not fun.
    Plus there's the whole not getting the ones you need...
    Delve is not forced, they made sure to include a few different paths, most Adoulin content drops the items needed, there are 2 requirements that show you are a skilled enough player to deserve one, being Delve Bosses/SKCNMHM(Sacred Kindred Crest Notorious Monster Hard Mode)s, and the fact that they can all be bought. It forces nothing upon you that is Delve related.

Its not fun, well seeing as it comes from nearly everything in Adoulin I suppose that means Adoulin as a whole and then the SKCNMs too, that means about the only thing people do in the game anymore are things which are not fun.

If I get a Rift Boulder and I need my Relic items, I sell my Boulder, and I buy my Relic item, or I simply trade with someone who has what I want.

If they dropped at similar rates as they do from Delve NMs...
    But from NMs that you can farm in areas that are related to your REM...
    You can choose the NMs that will give you the items you need... and will likely be easier to get 300 than Delve NMs. (by "easier", I mean: more solo/lowman opportunities.)
    KSCNMs drop them, those are lowman/solo, you can also spam WKs, many people have been since the update on Phoenix, so much so that there is almost always at least 1 WK going on at a time. Then there is farming something like Dynamis in order to afford them, again, solo option. This is how it has always been, how did anyone get a RME to 99 without others in the first place? You either farmed it with a party or you bought them, if anyone is going to tell me with a straight face they soloed ADL, Salvage, PW, and/or VWNMs for their items, they are full of it, because even if you did solo it, you mean dualboxed it, and if you dualboxed that, you can dualbox these SKCNMs I am sure, at least on normal, and also can probably dualbox some of the NMs in Adoulin too!

(the funny thing is... at least to me... is the fact that they said multiple times "we won't be doing any more Magian trials ever again"... and then they give this quest that is totes nothing like the 75/80-99 upgrade magian trials... 9_9 so much irony)
    They said they would not continue Trials, they did not say it would not be similar so far as I know, correct me if I am wrong. They just did not want to mess with an increasingly complex system of trials that have been going on for years now and getting longer every time they mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    This quest is quite easy to accomplish in various methods. It's a pain for anyone playing with a single character and tends to play solo. It's better than ADL at the least, but that's not saying much. We can argue both ways that it should have been soloable or require 2 or more characters and etc things until we're blue in the face but the undeniable fact still stands: Once more people are faced with two choices - grind or pay up. I'm tired of spending money on my weapons. So unless I can stomach grinding 300 drops with two characters, I give up on mine. Not worth the hassle anymore. I'm tired of us having to beg them for updates to them every two or three years. Enough is enough.

The FFXI end game that we all grew to enjoy for nearly a decade despite it's negatives is dead, and I finally accept that yes if the current direction continues they will absolutely replace RMEs for good. They can't exist in a tiered end game system. But that doesn't mean their benefits can't be salvaged through a trait or KI or whatever to work on all weapons. They should have just focused on that and been done with it instead of revamps. Shrug
    You act like 300 is bad or hard, as though this is how it will always be, the prices will always be so high, the pain of leveling them will never get easier, and so on. No. Petrified Logs were dropping every kill of every NM in VW basically, didn't stop it from going up to 100~+k day 1 of Adoulin, why? Demand. Guess what these prices are being hit by that makes them cost so much even though they drop from every single Delve NM at a 100% chance, and sometimes drop multiples? Demand. Give it a month, 2 months, price will drop, supply will be up, and things will balance out in time. 300 now can be done with a friend or 2, it takes effort, that's all, and don't even start complaining you already did a ton of work, trust me, I did a lot of work to get my Excalibur too, but guess what? I have to get 300 more items for it to be good, and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is, we spammed things to get it here, we needed something to do, why not spam more things to get it where we want it to be this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakts View Post
    I like the fact that the crafted ilvl are still on par or better than upgraded r/m/e.
    Except they aren't even close by compare. The DMG ratings on them may be close, but the overall damage of the weapon once you factor everything that makes a RME, a RME, is a nice bit higher than that of those crafted weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    What they should have done, and it's been mentioned over and over again is to make them upgradable by either using translurry or or plasm, hell they could have even made them upgradable using 550k or a million bayl, or /gasp, an actual quest
    Except that would have been a bad idea because of the fact we just spent a month with hardly anything besides Monstrosity to do unless you were still catching up on content, and had they done this, it would have taken out the largest piece of content we got to do this update if you were a RME holder. Besides that we have a new WK, which would be completely dead in a week or 2 if it weren't for RME items, and we have new RF gear, which is hardly anything at all really, it would have all been done in a week or 2 for most people who cared and then 2 or more weeks of sitting here.
    (5)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.