Character
    Oalka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Mog Bonanza Mythic winners and the new update

So I just noticed this:

* For mythic weapons, players must have viewed the associated event that comes with acquiring them.
    This was from the version update patch notes. Does this mean that people who won a Mythic weapon via Mog Bonanza will be unable to upgrade it?
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Were you unable to get the cs from the NPC in Port Jeuno?

I think that they are just saying that if you've made a Mythic the normal way, you have to complete all the CS associated with the quest (there is at least one even after you get the fully functional weapon).
    (0)
    Last edited by detlef; 11-05-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People who got free mythics cannot currently 119ify them.
    (also if you are currently making another Mythic... you'll have to finish that one to get the CS AGAIN if you have already gotten it. -there was a post of a guy on BG who hadn't finished the CS for his brd dagger, and his Yagrush couldn't trigger the CS even though he made that too... he did the CS for the dagger and then was able to flag Yagrush.-)

This was kinda a huge oversight... but everyone knows about it now.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm not sure you're really thinking this through and you're making a pretty bold claim (like always) about the quest being broken. That guy's issues were due to his Mythic quest still being open (the quest is not over when Balrahn gives you the weapon). I also had never gotten the 3 silver pieces after finishing my second Mythic and finished it up yesterday.
    (1)

Character
    Oalka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This better not be an intended restriction. There's absolutely no way I'd continue playing if they leave it like this. I realize I was handed a Mythic for free, but what is the point of winning a Mythic if you can't use it?
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The mythic quest is currently broken and the upgrade quest cannot be activated unless you have all the completed quests from the process in your log. The downside to this is that the quests are all reset if you ever handed in a new base weapon following the completion of your first mythic. Or, in rare cases, people that were given mythics without doing the quests.

They likely wanted to avoid the same situation as before, where mythic users could not complete the quest line if they had started to upgrade their weapons, but they botched it. I bet this will be patched, but probably not immediately.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I'm not sure you're really thinking this through and you're making a pretty bold claim (like always) about the quest being broken. That guy's issues were due to his Mythic quest still being open (the quest is not over when Balrahn gives you the weapon). I also had never gotten the 3 silver pieces after finishing my second Mythic and finished it up yesterday.
    It's not broken. The devs just didn't account for someone who never actually made a mythic from nothing.

You have to have finished the Mythic forging questline in order for the NPC to recognize that you have it.

If you have a mythic only because you won it... then the
    * For mythic weapons, players must have viewed the associated event that comes with acquiring them.
    Cannot apply to you, because you have never seen this CS.
    I never said it was broken. So don't put words in my mouth.
    It's an oversight.

The guy I referenced had a different mythic quest open. (had you actually read it, he had the brd mythic quest open, but had long ago completed whm's... which he was trying to upgrade to 119. It's a blatantly obvious coding problem for anyone who has even the most basic of programming knowhow. You can think of it similar to the Hands quests for AF1... you can't do multiple of them, because even though they are unique quests, the coding registers them as the same quest. Hence why that guy "hadn't closed the mythic questline" for his Yagrush even though he had. This is 11 year old programming.)
    To the player, each instance of forging a mythic is unique, but to the game, they are all the same.

Oalka's problem is that he has not actually forged the mythic, hence no closed questline.
    Without that flag, a person cannot make their 99 Mythics into 119s.

It is a simple oversight that the devs did not account for people who only have their mythics from the bonanzas.
    This doesn't mean the quest is broken.
    This means that the quest was flagged to exclude these individuals.
    Though obviously... that was not the intent of the devs.
    It was just a simple programming oversight.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    They likely wanted to avoid the same situation as before, where mythic users could not complete the quest line if they had started to upgrade their weapons, but they botched it. I bet this will be patched, but probably not immediately.
    This was most likely their intent.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-06-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've viewed the associated events that come with acquiring mythics and still can't activate the mythic upgrade quest. The quest is broken.

Accepted Bug: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...weapon-upgrade
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I've viewed the associated events that come with acquiring mythics and still can't activate the mythic upgrade quest. The quest is broken.

Accepted Bug: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...weapon-upgrade
    Well damn.

I can't say that I'm all that surprised that the quest is actually broken...
    I had just hoped for an oversight rather than a broken coding.

Thank you, Byrth, for the link.

I just got annoyed at the "you're making a pretty bold claim (like always) about the quest being broken."
    Especially because I didn't even say anything about it being broken. I was erring on the side of oversight in the programing, rather than jumping automatically to broken.
    Though I should probably be flattered at the rude disagreement.
    That means that I'm notorious.... if only for one person. ;p
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You just like to state your speculation as fact sometimes.

Also, I did actually read the other person's account and even stated that I was in the same situation, having obtained my second mythic without viewing the final CS to complete the "Coming Full Circle" quest. I was merely stating that our situations were the same and remedied in an identical manner and that you couldn't use his (or my) situation as evidence that the quest was broken. It has come to light that other people in different situations have had difficulties unlocking the quest, so yes, the quest appears to be bugged.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast