Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    However it didn't involve farming crests and spamming bcnms.
    Well, there is the Limbus part, which I actually had to 'spam' quite a bit. Granted, it's way more accessible (these days), but I feel they will make these sets of armour accessible, too, as they keep saying how they would like to create more solo-friendly content moving forward.

As is, these battlefields are difficult to gain access to, yes, but I don't think it will remain that way for very long (or/and there will be additional content to go for to obtain the items).

I wonder if Empyrean and Relic armour upgrades will come from older content such as Voidwatch, as they did mention they're going to do something different with those, while they also mentioned earlier that they will be expanding to all areas, that is, to old cont(in)ent as well as to the new. I could see Voidwatch easily as they hinted on making that doable with less players as well (perhaps even I will finally go through that story)...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Greetings,

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to the new battlefields and the crests needed to access them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

Thanks for the feedback regarding Sacred Kindred’s crests.

We’ve made it so that as the level of the monsters become higher the drop rate on seals becomes higher as well.

As there is a difference between monster levels even within the same area, this is just a rough guide, but we’ve establish the drop rates for Sacred Kindred’s crests in the below manner for the monsters in each area:

AreaSacred Kindred’s crest drop rate
    Kamihr Drifts
    Woh Gates
    High
    Yorcia Weald
    Marjami Ravine
    Dho Gates
    Medium
    Yahse Hunting Grounds
    Ceizak Battlegrounds
    Foret de Hennetiel
    Morimar Basalt Fields
    Moh Gates
    Sih Gates
    Cirdas Caverns
    Low
    Originally we would get seals while we leveled up and then use those seals, but we aren’t leveling up now and it’s pretty rough to go get seals as a means of having a good time playing.
    It’s true that the feeling between defeating enemies to obtain seals and obtaining seals as a byproduct of defeating enemies with a different goal in mind is different.
    Currently there are not many opportunities to defeat regular monsters in Adoulin areas, so in future version updates we would like to increase the benefits for doing so.

Can you make it possible to exchange seals with Shemo to receive Sacred Kindred’s crests?
    When giving consideration to the conditions after implementation and also to the amount of seals below High Kindred’s crests in circulation, we had expected instanced areas to experience congestion and decided not to implement this in the recent update.

We will be addressing this in a future version update.
    We plan on keeping the exchange rate and rules as they are.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Terrigenesis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    or you could make them drop from the Colonization Rieves... you already give us useless Arrowwood logs so you might as well add in something of use
    (11)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hm, as expected, fears of congestion was the reason for no exchanging seals/crests. Thank you for confirming that.

I never had many seals and/or crests, but I guess others do, somehow. Right now I think I have less than 150 beastmen's seals (only because of the log-in campaigns), and less than 100 of them others.

I do wonder if the post is also confirming that Sacred Kindred's Crests can not be obtained outside Adoulin areas? In which case the few I did get, were actually not supposed to appear in Gustav Tunnel. I fully expect that since I got about 5 or so right away as I went there after the version update, and then they just stopped appearing (haven't tried afterwards).

Oh well. Even if I could travel to Adoulin, I wouldn't be hunting monsters for just this reason; it's very dull, and I shall wait and see what the future brings. At least they can be looted more often now, so thank you for that!

It's still unfortunate since I was surprisingly excited (which doesn't oft happen!) about creating the sets.

:|

Edit:

Answering my own question: it is still possible to find the Sacred Kindred's Crests in areas other than Adōulin. \ö/

Still not going to go fer them unless I can think of something else to do at the same time...
    (2)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 11-10-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When giving consideration to the conditions after implementation and also to the amount of seals below High Kindred’s crests in circulation, we had expected instanced areas to experience congestion and decided not to implement this in the recent update.
    Knock it off. This is terrible logic and it pisses everyone off every time you use it.
    (11)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Between the fears of over congestion and giving us a reason to kill all the high level normal monsters in Adoulin and else where, I don't think it's necessarily that bad of a setup right now. I have hundreds of other seals stockpiled. If I could immediately transfer all of them into SKC, I could potentially spam the BCNM all day. I'm just one person. Imagine if the whole server did this.

Note Matsui didn't say he'd never let 3:1 transfers happen just not right now, when everyone is doing it. Also consider that he gave us some insight into what area has the best drop rates. That's more info than we usually receive. Combine that with the new info I'm reading on BG about zoning affecting crest drops in the AF Upgrade thread (which reminds me very much of when Abyssea first came out and we were all raging about it because we didn't know anything about the mechanics), and I don't think the BCNM entry requirements are quite so unreasonable. People have been reporting, using the methods in that thread, that after an hour or two they have enough to do the BCNM. A BCNM, I needn't remind you, drops AF upgrade items AND 119 upgrade materials. Sounds pretty good to me.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The item collection part doesn't bother me since you can buy the stuff, but the requirement of the Delve win does. You need 18 high level players for that and I just don't have those kinds of connections unless I'm lucky enough to get accepted into a pickup group. And I have to be online all day and lucky enough for one to crop up.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    The item collection part doesn't bother me since you can buy the stuff, but the requirement of the Delve win does. You need 18 high level players for that and I just don't have those kinds of connections unless I'm lucky enough to get accepted into a pickup group. And I have to be online all day and lucky enough for one to crop up.
    I just don't see how someone with ilvl 119 aspirations doesn't have the wherewithal to make connections. You go through the effort to have the best weapon(s) in the game, but aren't motivated to pursue the best gear in the game to support the weapon? Even if you had to merc a single Tojil win, you just get it done.

The next login campaign will give Yggzi beads, meaning you only have to kill 2 NMs and the mega boss for the win. There's your chance.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I just don't see how someone with ilvl 119 aspirations doesn't have the wherewithal to make connections. You go through the effort to have the best weapon(s) in the game, but aren't motivated to pursue the best gear in the game to support the weapon? Even if you had to merc a single Tojil win, you just get it done.

The next login campaign will give Yggzi beads, meaning you only have to kill 2 NMs and the mega boss for the win. There's your chance.
    I don't understand your statement. Relic work so far has been entirely soloable. I've had to team up with two others for the Mildageneux x5 and Animated Knuckles x10 trials. A Delve win requires 18 people. I frankly don't have the social or leadership skills to corral that many strangers to do something I've never done before.
    (5)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

We will be addressing this in a future version update.
    We plan on keeping the exchange rate and rules as they are.
    While this is... Admirable.
    And shows good foresight.
    Blocking people from easily participating in content to alleviate server clog.........
    Is not a good way to alleviate server clog.

And judging from his comment........ Hopefully this means that in the next update... Or sooner... This intentional oversight is remedied.

Not everyone has the time to spend grinding out 20x10x5=1000 SKCs....
    Especially not now... Because this is job/school/children crunch time. *fall semesters*
    And that number is just assuming 1BCMN/1page... Most ppl have more than one AF they'd like to 109ify... And even doing the BCNMs at max, that's 4 sets made for 1000 SKCs.
    So the "crazies" (I kid because I have mad respect for your dedication) who have 20 AF1s to 109ify... yeah...

They are giving them away during the next login campaign...
    For 100pt a single SKC.
    That's not a lot of SKCs...

While I can understand wanting to make it so that people don't crap out the servers....
    The servers handled the Yorcia Wield update.
    Why shouldn't they also have been able to handle this one with the same efficiency?
    We'd understand if there was a bit of lag or whatever... we get it. Server space.
    But intentionally making it so that only the people who have infinite resources are able to do this... not cool.

And, Dragoy, while I have not had Eliosha for every long... only a few years now...
    Eliosha has about 500ish for every seal.
    Never bought one from a login until this last one when I had 900pts and nothing to spend them on... so I got 90 beastmen seeing as I have a newbie friend who will need those BCNMs.
    Sure, some are like 450... and others are like 580 or 600... My highest is either Kindred Crests or High Kindred Crests... whichever is the more common from Abyssea... Because when I take a job from 75 to 99... those are what I get... and last I looked... the count was something redic like 780ish. (also from Meriting those jobs too)
    So I can only imagine what people who have been playing for longer than me have...
    (I also blame never doing the 30->99 burn for having so many of the lower ones too... that and my severe hoarding tendencies in RPGs...)

All in all: add to the stupid trade table. Maybe then the people who have real world responsibilities might actually DO the content...
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-10-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: "the best way" is now "a good way"

11. 11-10-2013 08:33 AM

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast