Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkitan View Post
    5 words: Make it free to play!
    FFXI online would never last as a free to play model, in a free to play there has to be reward vs effort and that just isn't how this game was designed, this game was designed around even the smallest thing taking ungodly amounts of time to get done. The crafting system is horrible, the leveling system has always been extreme, (it went from extremely time consuming to extremely fast), the jobs aren't correctly balanced, endgame is virtually non existent, and there is no real PVP or option to PVP someone like there is in every free to play and pay to play game out there right now. No, what they need to do is either revamp and make relevant all the old content to breathe new life into the game, or they just need to kill it outright
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Silex View Post
    Also as this is my first post (I normally just read these forums) I just want to thank posters like Demon and others for supplying the SE staff with countless good analyses and feedback suggestions for the game.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    The difficulty with us giving feedback is the fact that you don't actually make any use of most of our feedback.
    I wouldn't exactly they don't make use of it, just not always, or the right way. We have complained about the RDM and THF SP2s, no change, we complained about a lack of content, they gave us new BCNMs/RME upgrades to do, which is spread through out a ton of content and gives us a ton to do, and then we complain they gave us things to do.
    (1)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Thanks

I wouldn't exactly they don't make use of it, just not always, or the right way. We have complained about the RDM and THF SP2s, no change, we complained about a lack of content, they gave us new BCNMs/RME upgrades to do, which is spread through out a ton of content and gives us a ton to do, and then we complain they gave us things to do.
    lol my biggest complaint has been for lack of things to do, and it still is. I'm one of those people who are happy with my spelegeon bow, not as good as the relic I know, but I really like it. Soooo.... If I'm not after and R/M/E upgrade other than af, delve or skirmish what is there for me to really do in the game? I have pretty sweet gear for my jobs right now. I wanted to be able to do some fun stuff, not time sinks yet again, and was really looking forward to the higher level battlefields, and am seriously hoping after they add those, that they go back and revisit some of the older stuff and revamp it for higher levels, like dynamis, sky, sea, assault etc. So yeah people are complaining, and will probably keep complaining until SE gets it right, that's our job, we are paying customers and deserve to have the best quality mmo for the price, and this game has the potential to be great again
    (0)

Player
    Go out and farm Tusks in Kamihr for gil, while farming up SKCs, then use the SKCs to do the SKCNMs. Once a WK starts in Kamihr goto it, participate, get the items from there including its bow perhaps, the legs should go nicely I would think, though not sure, depends on your jobs. Past that, sell the Grip/Ammo/Earring/Back from there for more Gil, if you find yourself with a ton of gil and no where to spend it, make yourself that relic if you want, or hold on to it till you find a use. There are things to do, but if your caught up in the fact you don't want to do Delve, RMEs, or AF, even though all are worth doing, especially the AF/RF thing, then you can at least profit off of them, and if you will not do that, then simply be patient for the next update and try to keep yourself occupied with Monstrosity, that's what I have been doing this entire week myself because I have been unable to rally the assistance with getting my Excalibur to 99 due to the fact I am a RDM, not a PLD, and either people haven't had time, want to 119 their RME first to make it easier, or flat out don't think RDM is worth the effort when I will likely never be allowed to put it into use anyways.
    (1)

Go out and farm Tusks in Kamihr for gil, while farming up SKCs, then use the SKCs to do the SKCNMs. Once a WK starts in Kamihr goto it, participate, get the items from there including its bow perhaps, the legs should go nicely I would think, though not sure, depends on your jobs. Past that, sell the Grip/Ammo/Earring/Back from there for more Gil, if you find yourself with a ton of gil and no where to spend it, make yourself that relic if you want, or hold on to it till you find a use. There are things to do, but if your caught up in the fact you don't want to do Delve, RMEs, or AF, even though all are worth doing, especially the AF/RF thing, then you can at least profit off of them, and if you will not do that, then simply be patient for the next update and try to keep yourself occupied with Monstrosity, that's what I have been doing this entire week myself because I have been unable to rally the assistance with getting my Excalibur to 99 due to the fact I am a RDM, not a PLD, and either people haven't had time, want to 119 their RME first to make it easier, or flat out don't think RDM is worth the effort when I will likely never be allowed to put it into use anyways.
    Good to see you didn't quit the game. How's that new special ability working out for you?
    (0)

Player
    Horrible as ever, thanks to the fact friends are trying to get me to stay and I feel compelled to do so I made my plea post to SE in the RDM forums if you wish to check it out.
    (0)

Horrible as ever, thanks to the fact friends are trying to get me to stay and I feel compelled to do so I made my plea post to SE in the RDM forums if you wish to check it out.
    Similar situation on my side, regarding friends and staying to play with them. In truth and in my opinion, this update was lack luster at best and too focused on past material/content. Additions to the RME is just more wasted time and money for something so marginal and void of real sustenance. As well as the new "Reforged" AFs, with the new BC fights and seals needed to participate, there is little to no gain from these steaming pile of... AF1s.

I think the real winners for this update are coming from WKRs. I was surprised and happy to see these become easier and more enjoyable for repeat attempts. The addition of JSE capes and iLv115 gear/weapons was also a nice change of pace. But like everything else above, marginal gains and side gear to take up more inventory space.

I like the idea of all inclusive gear. Something similar to what Empyearn Gear was trying to do for each of the jobs. Moving forward with that concept would be awesome for the player base in that inventory would start to free up. But to take it a step further, and to tie in some of the old content as well, you'd need to take that old AF/Relic/Salvage/Empy/Bayld/Delve and apply that to the new gear. What I mean is, you would not only upgrade to new gear but need your old gear to transform it. Kind of like the salvage concept, lv15+25+35 = 1 awesome piece of gear(back in the day). And really, if there were still situational pieces from the gear before it, this wouldnt stop the players from going back to pick up another piece/set of the gear used to upgrade.

Just ramblings from a wandering mind.
    (0)

Player
    The RF is only really so-so for now, once the next update hits it will be raised to 119, at which point for most jobs it will be a set which I assume will be highly desired. This event to double XP, skill ups for crafts, and increase Seal Drops, is a nice event, the issue is trying to pick what you want to do. I want to level my Monstrosity monsters, sadly, I will probably be spending the majority of my week doing SKCs and SKCNMs so when the update comes, I am ready with my RF gear.

Besides that, I kinda agree. I am happy with how WKs turned out, I hope they don't die out again and that the comments about nerfing Elemental Magic are ignored. I think I would be much happier with this update had I gotten my Excalibur to 119 but I have yet to even 99 it and have had issues getting help from others since not many people I know are on the same 'level' as me and able to actually fight ADL well. I think if I could fully use everything I got in the update, the RF/SP fixes I asked for in my thread and my Excalibur at 119 or at least on its way, I would be enjoying the game much more, but for now, I just do Monstrosity mainly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-13-2013 at 07:05 AM.

The RF is only really so-so for now, once the next update hits it will be raised to 119, at which point for most jobs it will be a set which I assume will be highly desired. This event to double XP, skill ups for crafts, and increase Seal Drops, is a nice event, the issue is trying to pick what you want to do. I want to level my Monstrosity monsters, sadly, I will probably be spending the majority of my week doing SKCs and SKCNMs so when the update comes, I am ready with my RF gear.
    Is it that they are making the AF-RF gear 119 or doing the same process with Relic and Empyrean like they said in an earlier post? I don't remember reading anything about them making the AF-RF iLv119. Link maybe?

As for the events, a group of friends and I are jumping onto Salvage for double papers to help rush some completions as well as farm the alex for a mythic. For the most part, it's the only special event I really look forward too. Salvage has a special place in this taru's heart. Even if the gear is obsolete these days.
    (0)

Player
    They are doing both. They have not confirmed that we will get Relic or Empyrean gear to level 119, or upgraded at all from what I recall, but it is heavily implied from the fact our AF was made into our new RF sets, and I believe the reason RF started at 109 was for two reasons, firstly, Relic and Empyrean had +2 stages, which ended in the 80~90 area, with the stats of the Abyssean age included, while AF only had +1, and was left with the stats of the Sea age. Secondly is because of the level gap, AF+1 was 75, even those stats were barely better than AF at 52~60, so I think they did this in 2 stages to make it a bit more balanced of a climb.

So far as a link goes... this thread gives us a bit of a look at what we will be getting in the near future and some thoughts on whats happening, this specific post says...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Artifact armor upgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    While currently the item level is 109, we are planning to increase it to 119 in the December version update.

After this, we would like to add upgrade content in a slightly different fashion for relic and empyrean armor.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast