Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear SE...

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It was a issue caused by SE poor planning of going back to alliance with a harsh time restriction at a point in the game we had already received two server merges. Say what you will but abyssea was as close to perfect reward effort with just the right amount of RNG we should have gotten more of that but SE failed and keeps failing to understand their own player base. Sure you could duel box mnk, whms for blue drops but that could had been fixed. Content should had been designed around the single party model. Abyssea wasn't perfect and there was job exclusion but you could still gain rewards and with a few tweaks it could have been remedied. Instead we got VW and then SoA dropping the ball with the event they billed as the option for low man.

No means am I defending SoA but it is stretch that ilvl is the cause or even the pace of rewards. The other factors did far more damage then ilvl could ever have. I have 10 friends leave cause they couldn't get into delve plasma runs or KI mob runs, both are a directly caused by SEs failings to understand the player base and should had seen it coming. Really they only had how long to see it happen with VW to know it would turn out just like that.

Though in the end the player base got exactly what they asked for. All the threads complaining about how much gear we had to carry around. We got Stats and lots of them on everything, grinding to rewards, faster rewards, less dependency on the RNG etc. to bad the way they did it was a fail.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Hello, I liked Abyssea, I joined in 2008, I like old content too. Can we stop acting like chimps and get along please? ._.
    (3)

Player
    I agree with you that the whole thing with Delve at the start was a huge mistake, but even had they done it right originally, or had left it as it was, would it have made any difference? Eventually people would have gotten wins, after enough people had the win, it would have turned out the same way, Delve weapon or you cant come, simple as that. I agree the original way it was setup was horrible, but either way this was the outcome, it only came sooner, if anything, I think it might have been better this way in the end because more people on the lower side of the player base likely got their wins because of it, if not, it only sped up what I think was inevitable.
    (1)

4. 10-27-2013 11:25 AM

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Why would I want to play an offline version of a game I loved, but now consider hopelessly broken? So I can put more money into a game makers pockets on what might be another inferior, (yes I said inferior), product? And IMO FFXI right now at this moment in time is an inferior product, when compared to the FFXI of just one year ago, and massively inferior to the FFXI of the pre Visions days
    (2)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I agree with you that the whole thing with Delve at the start was a huge mistake, but even had they done it right originally, or had left it as it was, would it have made any difference? Eventually people would have gotten wins, after enough people had the win, it would have turned out the same way, Delve weapon or you cant come, simple as that. I agree the original way it was setup was horrible, but either way this was the outcome, it only came sooner, if anything, I think it might have been better this way in the end because more people on the lower side of the player base likely got their wins because of it, if not, it only sped up what I think was inevitable.
    It probably wouldn't have been such a big issue if there were no time limits on fracture runs, or if they would have done like they did in Limbus and Dynamis and gave time extensions for the event. Actually this would be easy enough to do anway, If SE added a 5 minute time extension for each of the T1-3 nms in the fracture, and a 10 minute time extension for each of the t4 and 5 nms in the fracture, that would give an additional 35 minutes for the fracture, and remove most of the elitist bullshit from the event.

Being delved geared to get into delve is pure elitist bullshit, but they've even gone overboard with that on Bahamut, now they are shouting for delve geared players, and for players to be veterans in their jobs, so now getting the KI off the nm outside of fracture for a weapon, then farming plasm for that weapon and upgrading, followed by leveling a job to 99 and skilling it up aren't enough, now you have to have been playing it for a year or more to get into fracture? SE set this up with the 45 minute time limit on fracture runs, and no way to extend the time in fracture, if they didn't want their events to be taken over by the elitist segment of the player population, they wouldn't set up events geared toward 7 jobs at best with insanely low time limits on them
    (1)

Player
    Well really you cant get rid of the restrictions people place without making the content way to easy and giving no challenge, which is what you are talking about doing. The so called 'elitist' issue cant really be solved without making the game far to easy, nothing else you can do will remove the issue really. Also, veteran so far as I know just means they want someone who doesn't suck, could be different on your server, but I saw shouts for GEO veterans all the time even just after Delve had released, when no one could have possibly played it more than a couple months.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm saying it should had never went back to alliance content in the first place. Also I really think you are blowing smoke at the numbers of new players you have talked to stompa. There were not that many new player to tghe game at all during that time since there was no effort on SE's part to get them. Most of the new chars made then were people that had played years before and were returning.

All those CS are still there and as with all MMOs the story line means next to nothing for most of the base. Those new players you say you had talk to wouldn't even had made it to cap if it wasn't for leeching. There was really no one exping at low levels on most servers why do you think we got level sync. Level sync helped for a little while but then it was just sitting at the good camps. No exploring when staying at 20, 55 and 75 were the only levels people wanted to exp at oh what fun that was. But every thing you are saying now people just like you complained about people leveling though campaign and using the same tired arguments.
    (0)

Player
    Alliance content I don't think is to bad, its not great, but it does seem to take more strategy to some extent than lowman content normally does. What I think was horrible beyond anything in Adoulin is that when their playerbase was at the lowest its ever been they thought to add WKs, the largest event of all FFXI when it comes to how many people can participate and are needed to win. But I will say, we need more lowman content which equals out to the alliance content, Legion was good, but NNI was too, NNI wasn't miles behind, which is how Salvage and Delve are right now, Delve is far ahead of Skirmish on weapons, and some pieces of gear are better too, especially boss pieces.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well really you cant get rid of the restrictions people place without making the content way to easy and giving no challenge, which is what you are talking about doing. The so called 'elitist' issue cant really be solved without making the game far to easy, nothing else you can do will remove the issue really. Also, veteran so far as I know just means they want someone who doesn't suck, could be different on your server, but I saw shouts for GEO veterans all the time even just after Delve had released, when no one could have possibly played it more than a couple months.
    I was going to respond with a whining boohoo woe is me type of reply, but I really can't do it as I've always had the best gear for my class, (hell I do right now, and have only spent a day in fracture), and I've always been something of an elitist myself, so I guess just nvm. At this point I can't even remember why I wanted to do fracture in the first place. Oh yeah now I remember, because WKR and Delve are the only two real endgame events in this game anymore.

Edited to add: Oh yeah now I remember, because WKR and Delve are the only two real endgame events in this game anymore.
    (0)

11. 10-28-2013 09:40 AM

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There should be a mercinary system where i can hire other player characters to help me while they're off-line.

Problem solved!

Cha-ching!

@OP post this under forum or ingame suggestions, thank you.
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast