Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New 1 hours

Player
    Fly High's duration needs to be 45 seconds. Dragoons can only get off two Spirit Jumps and two Soul Jumps during the ability's duration which does not really equate to much extra damage. For example, on Delve megabosses, Spirit Jumps and Soul Jumps are doing ~500-600 damage each and the combined TP from all 4 Jumps is roughly 200, allowing roughly 2 more Weapon Skills during that 30 second SP2 duration that I normally wouldn't get. Unfortunately, compared to other SP2s, the damage output of Fly High is lower, especially because Jumps during "Fly High" can and will miss. I suppose the decision to make it 30s was because it also allows rapid succession of Super Jump which can be seen as a defensive role of "Fly High". Still though, Jump accuracy should be set to 100% and either a duration increase to 45s or allow the recast of Jumps to be lower if the Jumps are merited (If a Jump ability has 5/5 merit recast reduction, that Jump under the SP2 "Fly High" will be set to 6 seconds, would be perfect and not overpowered).

Larceny should steal at least 2 effects from a mob. While Larceny can steal SP abilities, most mobs do not use SP abilities, meanwhile DRKs can steal multiple effects with Absorb-Attribute with Nether Void. Many times on THF, I use Larceny to steal a Protect or Shell effect from a mage type mob only to be disappointed that I stole Refresh or Aquaveil. Having the SP2 steal 2-3 effects from the mob increases the chances of stealing a useful skill and makes the ability more attractive(considering NMs in most current content do not use SP2s but use abilities that grant multiple effects such as Batholithic Shell or Cacharian Verve)
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Larceny should steal at least 2 effects from a mob. While Larceny can steal SP abilities, most mobs do not use SP abilities, meanwhile DRKs can steal multiple effects with Absorb-Attribute with Nether Void. Many times on THF, I use Larceny to steal a Protect or Shell effect from a mage type mob only to be disappointed that I stole Refresh or Aquaveil. Having the SP2 steal 2-3 effects from the mob increases the chances of stealing a useful skill and makes the ability more attractive(considering NMs in most current content do not use SP2s but use abilities that grant multiple effects such as Batholithic Shell or Cacharian Verve)
    The priority rate (which has supposedly been manually set by SE) always seems to prioritise buffs which are of little to no (or at best, situational) use to the THF. MAB being prioritised over att boost for example. MDB over haste, as well as the examples that Orphanus gave.

Larceny at this point seems like it's only use vs mobs that don't use a SP ability would be if it stole ALL buffs. Not 1, not 2, but every single buff active on the mob.

I'd be content if it did a check: Does the mob have an SP ability active? Yes = steal it only. No = Steal all active buffs.

Also, thanks a bunch for giving us the only SP ability that can have NO EFFECT. Please change this so that if a mage has dispelled the buff as we're sifting through the menu to use the JA, we get an error message saying that Larceny can not be used on this mob. Larceny has no effect is a terrible thing to see in the log.
    (2)

Player
    Ok for Larceny, as it currently stands, let's be completely honest.

Is it a little lackluster? Yes
    Is it pretty awesome when the enemy does in fact have an SP? Yes

Here's the thing though, thf isn't being taken to anything that matters anymore.
    So in theory it's one of, if not the most amazing SP ever, but in actual use it's basically useless.

Steal the WARs MS for some lol damage,
    Steal a MNKs Hundo, /legit,
    steal chainspell to save your life in true SP fashion, /hurray!
    The other 19 SP abilities.... not so much =/ Many of which aren't even steal able, Mijin, Meiyko, Bene, Flow, Overdrive(?), Familiar, Spirit Surge (which enemy Dragoons do not even get lol) Wildcard, EES.... Bolster...

I mean come on, really? ~50%Cannot be stolen. 50% Can be, and 10% are of some value?

Does the ability to steal any regular ability really matter that much? Aside from a few select awesome times (stealing boost from Yovra etc) Nope., It really does need to steal many, if not indeed all active buffs to be a real 2hour (SP).

I mean, that's the original definition of the 2hour, to be used in a life or death situation, not to be consistently disappointed at every use.
    (5)
    Last edited by Karah; 11-17-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    No, that's what the job was. That's the concept of it.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/manual/index.html?loc=en
    "Red Mage
    Capable of using both white and black magic, and adept at swordsmanship.
    However, mastering powerful spells takes far longer than white or black mages."

From their manual to your eyes.

If players and fans are such idiots then what does that make you?
    People cry about RDM here too much.

Who cares what an 11 year old manual to a game that constantly changes says? It means nothing and so does RDM.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    People cry about RDM here too much.

Who cares what an 11 year old manual to a game that constantly changes says? It means nothing and so does RDM.
    You answered your own question with your first statement. Just because it means nothing to YOU doesn't make it meaningless. I know that when you move the camera it seems like the world revolves around your character, but it actually doesn't. You'd do well to keep that in mind.
    (8)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Larceny should be bumped to full buff steal. ie you take every single buff the enemy has including any sps. Not going to redeem thf probably but god it would be fun to steal all of something like Carcharian Verve. Or even awesome when it steals a buff instead of just the thf getting it the entire pt does. Or for crazy tech when it steals a buff it inflicts an opposite but equal debuff on the mob at the same time. ie you steal some super haste they get some super slow.
    (4)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Player
    Meanwhile, I'm sure nobody is complaining about SAM's new SP2 because it's ridiculously, phenomenally, incredigood.

According to Llewelyn:

Confirmed:
    - 45 second duration.
    - Stacks with Meikyo Shisui.
    - Avoids physical, magical and breath abilities.
    - 20% Weapon Skill Damage increase per ability evaded.
    - 60% Weapon Skill Damage cap.
    - Grants 50% TP for every ability evaded.
    - WSD% bonus does not reset upon weapon skilling.
    Compared to many other SP2s, this is incredibly potent.

Can't Larceny be patched to steal something else. Like:

-Steal all of a mob's current TP.
    -Steal a large number of Attributes.
    -Steal a temp item i.e Berserk's Tonic/Fanatic's Powder/Lucid Elixir(would be random)
    -Add a 60 second 'Bully' effect on the target
    -Add a powerful Critical Hit Evasion Down debuff

etc

SAM and MNK's SP2s do so many things(Inner Strength doubles Max HP, heals them AND gives 100% counter) whereas many other SP2s just do one thing, and usually with a shorter duration.

Maybe Unbridled Wisdom could heal a BLU's MP to full considering they're combat mages and may not always have enough MP to cast more than a few spells (especially because UL spells are so expensive to cast), it also adds a secondary effect to the SP2 for some BLUs that have yet to learn many spells, it at least gives some kind of benefit in that case.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Perhaps you are the one who needs to make the realization of RDM's place in the game currently, and you can understand the anger and frustration rather than complaining about those who exhibit it.
    I see RDM's place perfectly. My Linkshell loves a damn good RDM in delve. The people in our shell who play RDM do a damn good job with the tools they have and not the tools you think they should have.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Not sure if this is still the case nowadays, but at some point Saboteur was determined at one point to not carry its effects on non-targeted mobs with an AoE spell like Sleepga (the targeted mob will stay asleep longer than everything else). However, if Saboteur+Manifestation+Sleep is used instead, it will still take effect on every target hit (all mobs will stay asleep for the same amount of time, barring resists).
    Greetings,

Currently the effect of Saboteur is not applied to AoE based spells and when using spells such as Sleepga, the increased effect duration is only applied to the initial target. However, we will be making adjustments so this effect is extended to AoE spells. At the current time unfortunately I cannot make any promises of a specific implementation time period, but once we hear developments on this we will be sure to let you know.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    At the current time unfortunately I cannot make any promises of a specific implementation time period, but once we hear developments on this we will be sure to let you know.
    Probably around the time Cait Sith is released to Summoners.
    (1)

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast