Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: New 1 hours

Player
    Ah this good ol thread.

I'll say it now and every time the subject comes up, we wanted something different than Stymie. We wanted our original concept for it we were given, one that would be basically Soul Voice for RDM. That's the one we wanted, not this. We were told that once we had it we'd like it, but that never came to pass, I've still to this day yet to meet the RDM who's happy we got this rather than that of which we were originally planed to get.

We got it, we don't like it, and yet the chances of it ever changing and near nullified. To change it they'd have to do nothing more than change the effects and then change the Job Points for it. How hard is this? Not at all really, so few things are tied to Stymie right now that changing it should be as simple as adding a new ability. Just change the effect itself to double Enhancing Magic potency for it's duration, change the duration to 3 minutes rather than 1 minute as it was originally on the test server. After this the only other change should be the Job Points, and all that would need to be done with that is add Enhancing Duration % as an enhancement as we have with enfeebling right now for Stymie. I'd be more than happy with +1% Enhancing Duration per point as that'd result in +30% by the end of Job Points, stack that with gear and a RDM would buff others for about 5 minutes while having about 15 minutes on their own buffs.

The sad thing is, the ability is in the game already. I can think of no time in this game's history that we've ever seen an entire ability removed or it's effects completely changed from one thing to another. The very fact they implemented this ability as it was simply killed any resistance we had to it, that's why threads on it died down, why the player base simply stopped fighting it. It was another time we seemed to get the idea that SE was going to do what SE wants to do, and if we don't like it then we can complain as much as we want but chances are, it'll never change. This ability was put in how it is today and we stopped fighting it, we stopped arguing over it, we just let it be at this point. Even if we raised hell we'd likely make little to no progress anymore because with how they are about things they just don't change this kinda stuff. I'd love the team to prove me wrong, a post from Matsui saying he understands how Red Mages feel left out and genuinely wants to help the job out, I'd love it even more if they said they would change this ability to what it was supposed to be, but that day will likely never come.
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

What difficulty was that? Not to rub salt in Rdm's face, but had to hold VD EV a week or so ago as a Geo after the Pld dced for 5ish min. Indi-Focus + Geo-Languor and didn't have a single resist out of 2 gravs and 3 binds while he logged back in. Still get resists occasionally (maybe 60-70%ish land rate) with just Indi-Focus. Stymie should at least be 100% land if the mob's not immune. <.<;
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 05-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What difficulty was that? Not to rub salt in Rdm's face, but had to hold VD EV a week or so ago as a Geo after the Pld dced for 5ish min. Indi-Focus + Geo-Languor and didn't have a single resist out of 2 gravs and 3 binds while he logged back in. Still get resists occasionally (maybe 60-70%ish land rate) with just Indi-Focus. Stymie should at least be 100% land if the mob's not immune. <.<;
    That's kinda the problem thought that he still got a resist with a 1hr ability that SE touts as being awesome... but a level 15 blm ja with a 10 minute recast would've allowed him to land that spell naked
    (3)

Player
    Stymie, if they wanted to make it in any way truly useful, should've flat out ignored immunities and been impossible to resist in any sense. Instead it does nothing more than force the spell to land(within capped accuracy limits it seems, 1/20 casts still fail) and it can be resisted all the same rather than landing with full potency/duration. Take for instance earlier today, I was basically forced to use the(god awful) job ability to sleep Dakuwaqa after a group I was in failed to kill it and practically wiped at 16%. I used the ability, I slept Dakuwaqa with Sleep II, and yet thanks to how this ability is designed I got I think 45 seconds off of it, it honestly felt shorter, but I know it was not the full minute and a half for sure. The fact anything can resist this ever is stupid, the fact that it doesn't force maximum duration/potency is stupid, and the fact that it doesn't break immunities makes it even more pointless. The fact Elemental Seal is still better than this is just...

I hate Stymie. I really want my Enhancing Magic version of Soul Voice SE, please...
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Heck just give us a full version of soul voice for rdm spells. If it's not horribly broken on a job with much stronger buffs and much stronger slow then it shouldn't be too powerful for rdm
    (3)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19