Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Macc No longer displayed?

So it seems that now EVERYONE is getting Macc determined from the "fake" skill stats on iLv gear and not just hybrid mages like DRK, BLU or RDM...

And I like the whole "simplification of the iLv Macc formula" thing....

But I don't like being in the dark about the gains from the "fake" skill stat...
    I for one would REALLY appreciate a dev note about the comparison to former stats.
    They've already said that the new formulas make the Voay staffs have MORE Macc than they did before.... But what does that mean for regular staves?

Let's look at Atinian.
    Before: +180 Macc +215 "fake" staff skill
    Now: +215 "fake" staff skill

Does this mean that it's now getting an effective +215 Macc? or is the formula such that it maintains a +180 Macc....
    This is rather complicated.... or at least it holds the potential to be so.
    Especially for comparison sake.

How will +215 "fake" skill compare to Magic Affinity +6? Because... that's basically what you're dealing with as a Mage.
    And without some sort of note about the formula.... some general gist of it... How can the playerbase eyeball Macc anymore without knowing how "fake" skill translates into Macc?
    (2)

Player
    Affinity loses by far if its the same accuracy as before, to my knowledge.

In all honesty, this is something I am deeply concerned about myself. As a RDM, for a little bit now I have had fears of being behind other jobs such as SCH when it comes to Magic Accuracy on my spells simply because of the fact a SCH had access to an Atinian Staff, where as I was stuck with a Soothsayer, which gave me a massive handicap. Now that this update has taken place, I would like to know if my Buramenk'ah is better than my Rank 15 Soothsayer, or better yet, if it is better than an Atinian Staff even.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Affinity loses by far if its the same accuracy as before, to my knowledge.

In all honesty, this is something I am deeply concerned about myself. As a RDM, for a little bit now I have had fears of being behind other jobs such as SCH when it comes to Magic Accuracy on my spells simply because of the fact a SCH had access to an Atinian Staff, where as I was stuck with a Soothsayer, which gave me a massive handicap. Now that this update has taken place, I would like to know if my Buramenk'ah is better than my Rank 15 Soothsayer, or better yet, if it is better than an Atinian Staff even.
    And then let's also think to next month's update.... the REMs are supposed to be updated... but if they aren't given proper iLvs.... then they're gonna be the same PoS they are now.
    Because w/o the "fake" skill... they just have the base dmg of the 113 and 119 delve gear.... but your Macc is nerfed and you won't be able to touch jack in Adoulin.

Just having 250 base dmg doesn't make the weapon not a PoS.
    (0)

Player
    I have no doubt the RMEs will get skill the same as everything else has been. The real thing is this enforces even more the idea that unless you have these top tier weapons, your far weaker than everyone else. The gap keeps getting bigger. Originally the difference between a T2(4~5, whatever) Delve weapon and a Boss weapon was just a few DMG, the same as most weapons have as a difference. Since the update which added them though, the differences are now far larger, including Attack, Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy, on an incredible scale, so large that a MNK with Rigors rather than Oats is extremely weaker.

For that exact reason, nearly every job is going to be in this same situation in the end. If you want to participate, you need a high end weapon, anything below the best puts you far below others in stats simply because of the way things work now, not only melee jobs, but mages too, which only made the issue worse.
    (0)

Greetings, everyone!

There have been a couple of questions regarding the magic accuracy adjustments that were made during yesterday’s version update, and Producer Akihiko Matsui has some comments to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

I would like to answer a couple of questions that we've received.

Exactly what weapons will increase magic accuracy? It's not listed on the item so can we have some kind of guide?
    As the effects given to magical accuracy from equipping a weapon in your main hand are different from the existing "magic accuracy+" stat, we decided not to list them on items to prevent confusion. However, the development team feels that there should be some kind of indication, and in the November version update we will be adding the new "magic accuracy skill+" stat to the item help text for easy confirmation (stat name is subject to change).

I apologize for the confusion in the meantime.

If the item level is the same for a weapon will they increase magic accuracy by the same value? Also, for different item levels, how much of a difference will there be?
    I’d like to explain by showing a couple of examples:

Item LevelItem NameMagic Accuracy Skill +
    113Iztaasu +1Magic accuracy +126
    113 Lehbrailg +1Magic accuracy +156
    117Atinian StaffMagic accuracy +203

*The "magic accuracy +" value listed in the table is the value when "magic accuracy skill +" is converted into "magic accuracy +." The value will be different than that which will be listed in the item help text.

Even if weapons have the same item level, we've set slight differences based on the weapon type. Fundamentally, we’ve given a higher value of "magic accuracy skill +" to weapons used by backline jobs. Also, higher values of "magic accuracy skill +" will be applied to higher item level equipment.

What is going to happen to magic accuracy for jobs that mainly use bows, crossbows, and guns?
    We currently have no plans to add "magic accuracy skill +" to off-hand weapons and ranged weapons. Despite being a job that utilizes ranged weapons, they will have to equip a weapon in their main hand that gives "magic accuracy skill +." We feel that this actually beneficial to jobs that use ranged weapons predominantly.

The Filiae Bell shows "Geomancy skill +15" but only the MP +30 seems to be applied. Is this a bug?
    We will not be removing the property, but we will be changing it from geomancy skill to handbell skill.
    (4)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    How much does Buramenk'ah get? By not giving RDM Atinian Staff you are still screwing RDM over at Enfeebling Magic, going by your little chart, its safe to assume Buramenk'ah gives less still, which means SCH can enfeeble better than us.

This is wrong.

(12)

Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As the effects given to magical accuracy from equipping a weapon in your main hand are different from the existing "magic accuracy+" stat, we decided not to list them on items to prevent confusion
    Ah...now its clear. You didn't want to create confusion, but by SE's nature it was unavoidable. Working as intended.

As an aside: Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent......I know this is probably in some office pool to see who complains about this the most, but 3 years later the joke has died, please fix, thank you.
    (14)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorugh View Post
    Ah...now its clear. You didn't want to create confusion, but by SE's nature it was unavoidable. Working as intended.

As an aside: Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent,Fix tourbillion/barbed crescent......I know this is probably in some office pool to see who complains about this the most, but 3 years later the joke has died, please fix, thank you.
    I agree. I don't understand the logic in not listing them on them on the items in some way, especially if they differ that much on weapon type. How is anyone supposed to figure that out on their own? I am glad they are changing it and realizing how mad it would be to keep it invisible.

They need to learn to stop shrouding stats, abilities and functions. All this "test it and figure it out" I'm sure makes some people happy but it makes a lot of people frustrated and confused. And if you don't frequent forums, then sometimes you just don't get the information on what is better.

And please for the love of all, just fix blue magic additional effects (i.e. Tourbillion and Barbed Crescent). I don't know how many times people have to mention it, make new threads, submit bug reports over the years for it to be completely ignored.
    (9)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Yo dog, I heard you liked hidden stats, so here's some hidden stats to go with your hidden stats. As a bonus we named some of the stats in a way that makes them hard to differentiate and then didn't tell you what they do.
    Seriously. How are we supposed to respond to this stuff?
    (13)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Seriously. How are we supposed to respond to this stuff?
    Yeah, seriously. I'm starting to get pretty tired of the poor quality control on new content, first we get an idea of what weapons have magic accuracy, now we have to play this broken game for a month before we can figure it out again.

Dev. Team, we are paying for this service and yet everything feels rushed out and cheap.
    An example, the <Weapon> skill +188 etc, could you not find a useful name for that skill that didn't conflict with a skill name that already existed?
    (6)
    Last edited by Behemothx; 10-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast