Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Skyknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90

Paladin's improvements wishlist. Let's show SE our people power!

I know everyone has his/her unique ideas on what he/she thinks can help fellow Paladins to retain their vanished glory, but when there are so many ideas spread into so many different threads of discussion, it'll be difficult for everyone, including SE, to navigate and learn about these ideas. When information is messy, the attention on a serious matter may end up before missed, avoided or misinterpreted. So let's organize all the great ideas into 1 single thread and show SE how sincere we are toward helping them to improve Paladin's role in FFXI instead of just complaining and throwing out greedy requests. I have come up with some basic rules to make this thread to be more organized, practical and productive.

Basic Rules:
    1. Suggest 1 Job Trait, 1 Job Ability, 1 Spell and 1 Weapon Skill that you would love SE to implement onto Paladin.
    2. Everyone should only post his/her brainstormed ideas ONCE!
    3. Please do not comment or start any discussion on others' ideas - good or bad, you like it or not, please keep it to yourself.

Please keep this thread clean and civilized, so that SE can navigate through our ideas with ease without bias.

Ok. Let's get started, fellow Paladins! Let's put our Paladins' pride together to make a difference!

My choices:

1 Job Trait: Auto-Cover (Augment original "Cover" Job Ability to 75% of enmity from a party/alliance member)

1 Job Ability: Restrict (Drawing Enemy's absolute attention for 20 seconds - recast 40 seconds)

1 Spell: Reprisal II (Block Physical/Magical attack with chance of annulling the damage or reflecting the attack back)

1 Weapon Skill: Uriel Shield Bash (Only when shield is equipped, Stun effect + Terror effect, Damage based on Shield skill and VIT & can produce critical hit damage, Effects duration & chance of critical hit based on TP, Uriel Blade animation)

Please click the "LIKE" button if you would like SE to consider implementing these. Thanks!
    (9)
    Last edited by Silversky; 04-02-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to insert my own choices...

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd like to see:
    A Job Trait that increases the enmity cap for Paladin.

A Job Ability that allows Paladin to lower the members of their party within area of effects current enmity by 10%.

To gain access to Cure V for emergencies....as it won't produce much enmity for the Paladin.
    Would still come in handy to save a life and follow-up with a Cure IV for the enmity jump.

Would love to see Paladin gain access to Uriel Blade, outside of Campaign Battle.
    (1)

1. A job trait that boosts enmity when blocking with a shield.

2. Either add a native provoke ability, or a JA similar to thf's collaborator. Something that allows us to pull hate off a specific target.
    3. Flash 2

4. Increase the damage cap on atonement and add relic ws to the base ws list. Just make it quested like the mythic ws's are. Let's piss off the relic holders even more even though they still get the aftermath effects and noone else would.
    (and I'm not talking about those half assed "ws 13 times to get a relic charge" abyssea weapons)
    (3)
    Last edited by Anethia; 03-24-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    4. Increase the damage cap on atonement and add relic ws to the base ws list. Just make it quested like the mythic ws's are. Let's piss off the relic holders even more even though they still get the aftermath effects and noone else would.
    (and I'm not talking about those half assed "ws 13 times to get a relic charge" abyssea weapons)
    get almace it's not hard and better than KoR
    (0)

Character
    Packboy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    1. Flash 2
    2. PLD own provoke abality- and unlike collabrator and the other u can use /war voke and the PLD abality. no clue on a name.
    3. enmity down of party/alliance members (maybe alliance)
    4. the stun on shield bash- i would like to see the stun proc more even on NM-dont have the numbers but im capped + with merits and shield skill when i sheild bash and nothing happens. (aegis)
    5. need cure 5 its gonna be bad if RDM is gonna get it. granted they need it, but cure 4 with the higher HP we are getting. cure 4 is nothing

These are my minor ways to have better things for PLD.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Flashga.

Uriel Blade outside campaign battle. It know was already mentioned, but I'd have said it anyway. It'd be a pretty amazing AoE burn and brew WS.

It's not a trait, spell, JA, or WS, but..
    Let us block ranged attacks with a shield.
    (1)

Character
    Brocovich
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    1. Enmity Bonus
    2. Provoke
    3. Flash 2
    4. Atonements max DMG based on playerlevel (had 750 @ 75, why not level * 10 = maxdmg)
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Sorry in advance as from my understanding you only wanted us to post once, and that you only wished for ideas and not comments, but this post is in regards tomy original post and I don't think there is much to suggest anyways on new adjustments to Paladin. :-(

Cure V is actually a must for Paladin now or atleast by 99 it will be, as I read in a thread elsewhere, it is true that as of the level cap increase, the newer Notorious Monsters and Monsters in paticular do hit for a much larger sum of damage and Cure IV nearly won't cut it. Not alone. I think it is time for one more step up in Cure tiers.
    (1)

9. 04-02-2011 08:33 AM

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I really enjoy sentinel, but for obvious reasons SE made this a low duration abilities. Why not create another version of this lower effect but extending duration to full minute?

1/ what I'd really like to see for paladins is a native job trait of "Aquaviel" with several tiers. Not only would this help Paladins with their cure bombing but as a sub /PLD would help jobs like blu/PLd cast solo chains without being interrupted.
    (1)

Character
    Orlind
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    A new tier of cure would be nice along with with maybe adding a trait to increase enmity when using said cures. It might go well with SE's vision as increased enmity while curing others may protect them.

Since SE seems to be letting jobs borrow things from other jobs, native Fencer would make sense since PLD does predominately use only one weapon along with a shield. Magic Defense Bonus might be nice as well.

And maybe an ability that could reduce the amount of damage taken at the cost of MP.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast