Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

BST Introduction

Hello BST .

This is Katra of Leviathan.

A quick summary: I started playing XI at the PS2 release, but I didn't play BST seriously until a few years ago, which was a few months prior to the patch that removed the exp penalty from keeping charmed pets at the end of fights. BST was actually my first job to 75, although RDM was my first job to break 70. Although I broke 70 with RDM, I had so much fun leveling BST, at that time it was around level 13, I took it straight to 75.

BST had also made me a fan of pet jobs in general. When I started, I preferred playing as mage types, and since RDM gave me a bit of everything, that was my first main. But BST gave me a sense of freedom and satisfaction not experienced with the other jobs, and as such, it became my main, and has remained such ever since.

Go BST.
    (0)

Player
    I'm from Shiva server. Started on Bahamut as Kingofkings, and Felinus on Lakshmi (yes, I was a manthra. Get over it. >.>) I've had two characters on Shiva, my abandoned elvaan Crispin (seriously, after failing Gravity on a Bat mob with capped enfeebling skill, I just had enough) and my current hume. I've had pretty much all Maat jobs to 60+ before ToAU came out, but hadn't really touched BST yet. Skip forward a few years, then Level Sync comes out. I start getting in the WORST pt's I've ever been in, and say fk it. I got sick of them so I took BST from 24-75 w/o changing jobs. It was a fun experience, since I love to solo anyhow. My most memorable solos were Amemet at 63, Ose at 71, Lord of Onzozo at 73, and I was probably one of the first to try and beat All-seeing Onyx eye on Shiva as BST. Went back later and did it as RDM/BST. That job combo was amazing before abyssea came out. Probably helped that I had like 73 or w/e the base was +79 CHR for charm set as a RDM. xD Good luck fellow BST's here's to hoping we have many more years ahead of us! And to hoping we actually get to Charm something in abyssea at some point. >.<b
    (0)

Player
    Oh, I just have to add that I soloed Hakutaku on RDM/BST while raising an alliance that died to him while I was farming the eyes. Had 3 links at one point and ate x2 Firaga III from one of the mobs AND Haku at the same time. Still survived. Good times.
    (0)

Character
    Nattack
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Valefor, April 04, started bst sometime in june.

one of my more favoured jobs, It's gotten me alot of unique gear, and active in studying game mechanics, memorized mob aggro distances, active in forums - includes many /tells over the years "can you tell me how to play bst". interesting situations like bst on ouryu. Kiting with charm.

used to run around with a linkshell called PlanetCaravan, run by Danji, with special folk such as Hamsum, Karichi, Endoq, Uppy i think... Urgit? Scarz. i may be mixing names from other LS's here. one of those very rare pet-job LS's at the time.
    (0)
    You can't even hold it.

Player
    90 BST here on main Ezikiel 85 BST on mule Tarumule got to 75 on both "the hard way" has been away from this job awhile fingers crossed for pet biscuits stacked to 99
    (0)

Character
    Saffira
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Saffira Bst of Fenrir, just wanna /salute all my follow Bst's! and say a big welcome to all of the bst's that will soon be joining us from Unicorn server. Looking forward to the merge, see you soon ^^
    (0)
    Saffira

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    Valefor, April 04, started bst sometime in june.

one of my more favoured jobs, It's gotten me alot of unique gear, and active in studying game mechanics, memorized mob aggro distances, active in forums - includes many /tells over the years "can you tell me how to play bst". interesting situations like bst on ouryu. Kiting with charm.

used to run around with a linkshell called PlanetCaravan, run by Danji, with special folk such as Hamsum, Karichi, Endoq, Uppy i think... Urgit? Scarz. i may be mixing names from other LS's here. one of those very rare pet-job LS's at the time.
    I was never in the LS but I remember some of those names. Urgit helped me and my old duo partner Truls with some of our AF, I remember Endoq helping me with somethings as well. There was another BST I remember being really helpful, Luthiene (sp?)
    (0)

Character
    Bookong
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 96
    Hey All Bookong of Slyph. Willing to help fellow PermaNoobs with a solo bent, and others needing help unlocking BST
    (0)

Character
    Bestienmeister
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    Hello! BST is a job so nice, I decided to level it twice! Taru and Glaka BST in Gilgamesh -> Carbuncle.
    I did the same except when Made my Linkshell for beast and summoners only, I made my second Bst and named him same as my shell Bestienmeister(Galka), I leveled him without doing subjob quest and after he was lvl 75 for 18 months and after i getting Thf to 75 and Nin to 70.
    I finally gave in and did the quest.
    Beastmaster has been my favorite job since I started leveling it in Feb 2004.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bigtop; 03-25-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: fix typos
    ビッグトップ Server- Cerberus LS= Bestienmeister
    Crafts Level 100 = Alchemy, Bonecraft, Woodworking, Fishing (noted most don't consider craft), Level 96 Goldsmithing, Level 90 Smithing, and level 86 Leathercraft.

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hello fellow Feral Fiends, this is Gennadi (90 BST) formerly from Remora and now in lovely Leviathan. The reason i found Beastmaster so appealing was the ability to solo it to any level i wished. When i finally got to 75 using flies VS imps in the mire i was ecstatic, i finally reached the pinnacle.

But then hitting 80 and finding no real camps i had to rethink what it was to be a BST. Having to use our new jug pets to fight alongside made the transition hard at first. I missed the endless hours of charming, releasing and re-charming to pick away at the last few remaining % of the mobs hp.

But now at 90 and able to solo many NM's with the proper atmas in Abyssea it has been a fun ride so far. The climb to 99 and finding out what BST can really do with new maxed out merits and any newer atmas SE throws at us will be very exciting indeed.

Ive always said the best thing about leveling up is that your able to revisit zones you had trouble with before. So at 99 i'm going to pay a visit to many nm's , hnm's that i just couldn't solo before.

BST POWA!!!!!
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast