Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

We urgently need a server merge!

Prime GMT/US hours and only 500 players active, at least a third of those are mules or RMT. I can't find a shell to join because there are none that are active. There's almost nothing to do anymore because the activity is so low. I may quit this game myself because it feels like it's abandonware.
    (6)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 10-06-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Server merge wont fix this. SE needs to advertise FFXI to get the player base back up and make it more worth the long time players while to help new people. Like giving us a reward for redoing content, other then a shitty 1k exp.
    (13)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You are both correct.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah it does need regular advertising. Blizzard advertises their new expansions like crazy for world of warcraft. SE never seems to advertise this game, quite a few people don't know it exists or thinks it's no longer active.

btw today server hit an all-time low of 320 people online.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 10-08-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Player
    made this same post a month ago.. nothing happening ive heard of.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's simple if SE wanted to make money, they would advertise, it's one of the main rules of business, so if you don't want your business to make money you don't advertise it. SE spends all it's advertising in Japan which is fine, except they neglect to advertise in the biggest market in the world, thus SE feels it makes enough money as it is. The problem with this kind of logic is, eventually they will become just a regional game maker only and their profit margin will be so small they will become non existent. And yes we do need a server merge but as long as people are paying for accounts they aren't playing on ffxi SE will roll along like nothing is happening, which will of course cause us people who do play to leave, because we cant get anything done ingame, It's a vicious cycle, but something SE seems determined to have happen. Its their company let them run it into the ground how they see fit
    (0)

Player
    yes we defiantly need a Server merge!!!
    (1)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I do agree in a way that something needs to be done to increase population, i personally don't have this issue myself wether the server has 800 or 500 people on it i always find a party for whatever i am doing, i however do not think merging servers each time a single server gets too low its its the right thing to do, thats why they made world transfers in the first place……..if your not happy in your server? then i urge you to move, i enjoy very much playing with my characters each and everyone of them and I DO NOT WANNA BE FORCE TO RENAME ANY OF THEM BECAUSE OF A FORCE SERVER MERGE. if your cool with the chance to loose your name/identity then be my guess, i am not. last server merge i was force to rename 3 of my fav char and what good did it do? people moved servers and we went back to having low numbers again. i made my characters in a specific world so that i could name them what i wanted to name them. server merge destroys your fav character's names and other players who did not even ask for this are force to try and find a mediocre name to replace the one you love and have been playing with for 10 years, plz think of other people before shouting server merge and screwing up someone else's gaming experience.
    (0)
    Last edited by V-1000; 03-23-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Character
    Erwindmac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 34
    Having more people on a server would be nice. It would help place more gear and item's needed on the auction house
    (0)