RME, these weapons take an extreme amount of time and effort to get, as opposed to much of the new-contents’ weapons. So many of us weapon holders do feel - “Hey, I’ve done hours of farming and grinding to have this ultimate weapon; why should you, someone whose done not even but a small fraction of the time and work I’ve invested into this, have anything at all, even close, to comparing to this achievement?”

These weren’t just ultimate weapons; they were long-term goals; something a person could look back on and be proud of. Honestly I think if a person can’t see that; either, they’ve never achieved any of these weapons, or they had bought the Gil - had someone do all the work for them. Most that have done the work and earned these legit have fair strong grounds to stand on, feeling they’re work shouldn’t be tossed aside for 2-3 weeks of new content, if that.

I do understand the Dev.’s other point-of-view on the subject though. If new content doesn’t offer better things, no one will have a reason to do it, or those of us with RME will blast through the new stuff without any real effort. On that point I do agree, that makes sense. Here’s what I thought of to maybe meet both sides and bridge the gap of this chasm.

RME should continue to have upgrades via Trial or Quest, however; it shouldn’t be like it was building it to level 99. While building my Relic, it sat in my Mog House Storage unless being upgraded, then, right back in there. It was only until level 75 I ever actually equipped it, and not because it was viable, but because the Trials said, “Hey kill stuff with this gimp weapon ‘X’ amount of times using the unlocked Weapon Skill”. Only at level 90 did it become viable; here is where I think a good change could be made.

The level 99 R/ME/s could be upgraded via the new content, I’d be doing the same things all the other players are doing for the new content gear and weapon, but those same methods could be used to further upgrade the weapon’s stats. So I’m not all alone soloing in Dynamis or Abyssea for example. I’m actually playing and doing content with the other players; already a much more enjoyable thought.

Finally these weapons have a unique WS; if that unique WS on these weapons is awesome enough to offer a cool Aftermath or doing say, a double-light burst finishing off a Skillchain; that makes them already epic. Just make it so players can work on the DMG, ACC, ATT stats or whatever it is their class would need. I’m not saying these should always be the best in the game, but on par or equal to the best weapon(s) that are currently out at the time. The work would still be involved to upgrade to that new point of content or next level released via new content, and no work is lost because you retain that special unique skill that cannot be done without having earned the epic weapon in question. Also, that way you’re not given a free-pass into new content since you’d still need to make effort in upgrade to stay current with the other stats. Something as simple as this Rare/Ex token is needed to upgrade a new content weapon, or a 99 RME as an example. My favorite part of these ideas that I’ve had is being with my friends, new and old players; doing content together; not soloing alone in an old area. While continuing to build my character soaring to new heights!

I do apologies for the rather large wall-of-text but that is how I think; the whole picture, so to try and share the thoughts I had, I had a lot to say.