Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dem RMEs....

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I am almost positive that before they updated alot of gear we had to have more stats that they said they would like rem to be of iLVL 150. which is down the line from what we have now so if they are givin us updates this fall i wonder if there will be a few trials to upgrade as we go so they arent jsut crazy over board compared to everything we have now. I will have to search for where he said 150 tho.

EDIT: I couldnt find the 150 thing but i only looked in threads about item levels and remc specifically.
    (0)
    Last edited by Trumpy; 09-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Player
    This thread is full of tl;dr, I thought daemon wasn't posting anymore, so now demon has to post 100 paragraph long life stories?
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    hmm found this... it wont be multiple upgrades as we go along then.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...742#post437742
    (0)

Player
    The level 150 comment I believe you are referring to is Matsui's BS comment about how if they made Ochain an ilevel item it would be level 150 with how powerful the shield is. I do not recall any time they said they were upgrading items to level 150.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    This thread is full of tl;dr, I thought daemon wasn't posting anymore, so now demon has to post 100 paragraph long life stories?
    Either you reply to nearly every last bit of a persons post by chopping it down into individual sections & replying, which is what I did, and had a long post because of it due to the fact what I replied to was long, or you can simply cut it down to a few small bits and people claim you didn't read it all and only skimed for the parts that make your argument look better. I rather go with A, people wont read half, but at least they cant say I didn't read theirs.
    (1)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think you're getting the 150 from Matsui commenting on Ochain being given a ilvl designation of 150 if it were ever to be given one.

EDIT Beaten by Demon
    (0)

7. 09-23-2013 05:43 PM

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Remove all R/E/M/Ds from the game until the "R/E/M/D only" parties stop.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I log in these days and go level my twentieth monster to 50. It's super exciting and I love it. \ \ \ \ Waves of Sarcasm / / / /

The current content drought should make it fairly obvious that we needed RMEs to keep FFXI playable. If RMEs weren't invalidated then I would have a reason to make Mandau (and thus do things that make gil / complete relic requirements / play the game at all). As it is, I don't.

There were ways to adjust the game so that RMEs were not necessary and shouted for, like:

1) Released "boring" sidegrades to RMEs (equivalent or slightly better DPS than RMEs even after considering RME hidden effects and aftermath). - Thus the boring weapons would have higher base damage than relics.

2) Released equipment that had Weapon Damage+ on it. - This would benefit RMEs (lower base damage) more than the boring weapons.

Example, assuming the boring weapon has 5% higher DPS than the relic after hidden effects with no weapon damage in gear:
    - Mandau (D55/176 delay, 10 fSTR, 13% triple damage on first attack round swing, 1.4 attacks/swing average) = 36.8 DPS
    - Boring Dagger 1 (1.4 attacks/swing average, 10 fSTR, 191 delay, 38.6 DPS) = D78 weapon (32.7/60*191/1.4 = 87.8)

With D+40 in gear:
    - Mandau (D95/176 delay, 10 fSTR, 13% triple damage on first attack round swing, 1.4 attacks/swing average) = 59.4 DPS
    - Boring Dagger 1 (D118/191 delay, 1.4 attacks/swing average, 10 fSTR) = 56.3 DPS

So a 5% advantage (Boring > RME) becomes a 5% disadvantage (Boring < RME) due to a large increase in the the base damage from equipment. Thus, RMEs are still relevant. When you want to increase the content level to 140, you just release Boring Dagger 2 and new equipment. Also, importantly, neither Boring Dagger 1 or Mandau is unusable in this case.

This would mean no more RME shouts, because armors are the important part (D+40 is +45% DPS boost to Boring Dagger 1). RMEs would still be usable and would still be "the best" when properly geared, but they would be a minor increase in DPS over the generic version of the weapon (maxing out around 5%) even when properly geared and equipment would the more important distinction.

This would have been the right way to make the change. No extra RME updates. 12 slots to stick weapon damage in and motivate us to do events. It would have required more "balance" than just invalidating the whole system, but it would not have been impossible. I'm sure that SE's models of damage are better than my napkin math, so they can doubtlessly choose more accurate values than me. The point is just that such values exist and that such a change was an option.

Combine this change with untethering the Empyrean WSs from Empyrean weapons and there would really have been some cool changes to the battle system!
    (8)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't expect anything else than :
    Super Dynamis Lord, have to kill it 250 times for spharai revamp.
    Super Pandemonium Warden, have to kill it 250 times for KKK revamp.
    Super Provenance Watcher, have to kill it 250 times for vere revamp.

Soon 3 manned by you preferred poster.

-Pchan.

PS : make afterglow a sphere effect not dependent on WS used, and give a bone to afterglow. After all it's about 5x easier to beat ADL now than what it used to be ? I'm sure a MNK+SMN combo can duo it. I'd go as far a s to say that a bunch of ilevel 113 smn can kill it.
    (5)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-24-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    How can they hit mobs hard, and my lvl 99 NQ empy can't?
    How can Adoulin have a complex inter-town teleport system and Windurst a few random Warp Tarus?

I blame the Lifestream. Now where's Sephiroth to just nuke it all from orbit?
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

12. 09-25-2013 12:16 PM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast