Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Random Augment system.

I head a quote from A Borderlands 2 designer that went thusly "We want you guys to have fun and to kill you off just because we thought it would be funny isn't really conducive to fun since being extremely frustrated about forced death is usually not fun..."

You guys (the dev team) want us to have fun.... don't you? You don't want us to be frustrated... and angry... and break stuff..?

This may seem like it has nothing to do with FFXI. I shall now explain how it has EVERYTHING to do with, at least one system, in FFXI.

The random augment system. There is this argument, which I do not understand. Some people love 'random' augments because they believe if we have a random augment system, the dev team will make them more powerful. This is a useless time sink. Just yesterday I was ranting at my monitor, after I used a total of 12 verdi stones +1 to get..... -2% PDT on some cizin gloves that I HATE HATE HATE HATE the STUPID BLANKETY BLANKETY BLANK RANDOM AUGMENT SYSTEM, and my husband says very calmly, you just hate it because you have terrible luck. WHY is it that a game I have been paying for, for 10 years now, mind you, has a system where I have to sit there for hours doing medial **** when someone else, that has been playing for a month, can get on and get something on the first **** try??? This system is terrible. Please never ever ever ever do it again, just get rid of it all together. No one is going to mind getting an augment they want on THE FIRST TRY.

On the positive side of things.... I ADORE what you have done with the 'delve' armor. Letting us pick our path and upgrade things as we see fit. You get even more 'points' for letting us make multiple armors for different jobs. Bravo!

Now please to make it the same for every other 'augment able' piece of armor in the game.
    (14)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Took me 95 +2 stones to get my first DA+2 augment on an Otronif piece. Can't say i'm too terribly thrilled when others got the same on all 5 pieces with as few as 10 stones.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    has a system where I have to sit there for hours doing medial **** when someone else, that has been playing for a month, can get on and get something on the first **** try???
    Maybe it's not meant for any player to sit in front on the computer screen all day and night doing 1 thing. You wouldn't stand in front of a booth all day trying your luck at the carnival on 1 game would you?

Trying your luck on 1 thing doesn't mean you'll have the same luck trying various things.

You want power, it's not going to be given instantly, otherwise what's the point in having augment system to begin with? If players could get max stats instantly then I'm sure DEVs would just give you a one time quest upgrade like Magian trials.

Anger comes from spending 10 hours of torture failure than spending a few minutes a day doing intervals of a task over time.

Meaning I would be pissed off angry too if I was staring at the computer screen 10 hours non stop enduring failure after failure torturing myself.

My Damatica +1 has max +6 Fastcast +6 Mag Acc, +3% occasionally quickspell casting.

Took about a week spending 1-2 hours a day random times.

If I failed after an hour or 2, I went and did something else.

(By the way 10 hours was just an example)

I spent over 6 mil to upgrade my Dalmatica. After materials and fees hiring synergist that is. I'm quite happy with the results and the accomplishment of the augments I have sets me apart from many players. The rarity of the stats make it rewarding.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-19-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    You want power, it's not going to be given instantly, otherwise what's the point in having augment system to begin with? If players could get max stats instantly then I'm sure DEVs would just give you a one time quest upgrade like Magian trials.
    Guess what, that's not what she's saying.
    If you actually take time to read the post and not come down with a wall of text forcing your views down someone's throat with walls of text while basing yourself on only the subject title you see that she's perfectly fine to have to work for things.

The big beef here, and the reason I and many other people were done with the mind numbingly boring Skirmish 2 after the second day of release was the crappy random augment system where the best augment someone that put time, effort and huge amounts of gil into it got was acc +5 when the next person gets their desired augments within the firts 3 stones.
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Guess what, that's not what she's saying.
    If you actually take time to read the post and not come down with a wall of text forcing your views down someone's throat with walls of text while basing yourself on only the subject title you see that she's perfectly fine to have to work for things.

The big beef here, and the reason I and many other people were done with the mind numbingly boring Skirmish 2 after the second day of release was the crappy random augment system where the best augment someone that put time, effort and huge amounts of gil into it got was acc +5 when the next person gets their desired augments within the firts 3 stones.
    I know how to read. Do you automatically assume everyone who posts an opinion come to these forums to "force" their point of view on others?

I didn't make you read my opinion did I?

Do you always start off your replies to others with an insult?

Then again you already stated the obvious problem.

after the second day of release
    Of course it's going to be expensive. Supply & demand plus hype.

Unless you expect to get everything from skirmish with max augs in 2 days.

Just because a handful of players were lucky doesn't mean hundreds of others are. Which is unavoidable.

I see so many people come to these forums in the state of anger. Would you like it if someone approached you in anger everytime they had a problem?

Most topics written were made from the minds of an angry frustrated person which is how I saw the OP.

Using Caps obviously gave me that impression.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-19-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Just because a handful of players were lucky doesn't mean hundreds of others are. Which is unavoidable.
    And that is the entire issue!!!
    With the Delve Augments you can choose a path and to max those also takes time, effort and maybe gil but you know what the end result will be and somewhat how long it will take you to get there.

With Skirmish it's a game of roulette, which can either cost you a few gil and a few days if you're lucky, or take months of repeating the same thing over, and over, and over without getting even close to the desired result and without knowing how long or how much it will take before you do get what you are looking for.
    With an event that by itself is coma inducingly boring.
    And for what? Gear that may be completely obsolete again when the next Delve hits?

And all I read from your reply is "Lol, deal with it."
    (10)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-19-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Player
    With the Delve Augments you can choose a path and to max those also takes time, effort and maybe gil but you know what the end result will be and somewhat how long it will take you to get there.

With Skirmish it's a game of roulette, which can either cost you a few gil and a few days if you're lucky, or take months of repeating the same thing over, and over, and over for weeks or months without the desired result and without knowing how long or how much it will take before you do get what you are looking for.
    And for what? Gear that may be completely obsolete when the next round of Delve hits?

Well the problem I see is that people try to compare other systems and expect it to be the same.

Delve Rank system is fair 100% because you can earn your ranks and achieve the goal you set on your own time knowing what the end results is already. Which is the same results anyone can achieve.

But Skirmish augment system is different.

It's not that I'm saying "deal with it"

My intention is to just give you a different point of view.

Skirmish augment system gives you random stats correct? Which means this system is made to give players different stats that not everyone can have the same.

Delve rank system however allows everyone to achieve the same stats.

The reward from Skirmish augments is allowing you to have unique power that others don't have.

Til this day I have yet to see any player have the same stats as I have on my Dalmatica +1. Which means its very rare.

And that's the reward Skirmish augment system gives you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Morier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

With Skirmish it's a game of roulette, which can either cost you a few gil and a few days if you're lucky, or take months of repeating the same thing over, and over, and over without getting even close to the desired result and without knowing how long or how much it will take before you do get what you are looking for.
    With an event that by itself is coma inducingly boring.
    And for what? Gear that may be completely obsolete again when the next Delve hits?

Fret not. I am sure in the next few days he will make 7 or so topics on random crap he likes to spew.
    (11)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morier View Post
    Fret not. I am sure in the next few days he will make 7 or so topics on random crap he likes to spew.
    I'm sure you will still be there to criticize with your superiorness. I forget I'm always under the presence of royalty.

Just like the day you enjoyed me being kicked out of alliance doing Botulus Rex instantly without explanation or warning telling me to "Learn to scholar" when the entire group of DD wiped out and I was in light arts raising people.

Oh but I didn't proc Tier IV BLM spell and a Black Mage had to do it for me instead.

Which after I spent 500k on displacers to help that alliance to begin with.

And til this day you are still criticizing me on everything I say or do even on the forums.

If GM feels the need to ban me so be it but I'm tired of being nice only to be judged and mistreated.

So if you want to continue Morier go ahead. I'm already use to it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-20-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With the Delve Augments you can choose a path and to max those also takes time, effort and maybe gil but you know what the end result will be and somewhat how long it will take you to get there."
    i agree with you choose a path and working for it is much better as stupid random augments
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast