Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Its not challenging either, take some BLMs, a BRD, maybe a DD to kill nests while the BLMs do all the work, and it becomes effortless.
    If it were challenging, no one could beat it. It's fine were it's at. If they made it like delve, then no one would have any skirmish gear. it's September and people STILL f*ck up the Matamata ffs.

I just did a tojil run yesterday. Guess what, people failed to "prep" the matamata and took 12 minutes instead of 5. It's unreal.

Challenge: <<No, thanks.>>

When players are capable of challenging content again, then by all means bring it back.
    (1)

Player
    Let me be more specific then, its simply to easy, I expect content to be harder than this, where I can literally have a single BLM solo a T1, BLM & BRD duo T2~3 if they are decent. I don't expect it to be as hard as Tojil, Dakuwaqa, or Muyingwa, but I do expect it to be as hard as some of those T1~3 NMs at least, seeing as the gear that drops is at a slightly high level than their's...
    (4)

Player
    Well, yes it (could) be slightly harder, sure. The cantonment has a lot of health, it's near impossible to lose.

But let's look at the other end of the spectrum; that abyssea skirmish type thing ( i forgot the name). Enemies come in waves of 10~ and they hit the martello one time and the damn thing dies.

This was done soooo much better.

The thing is it has no scaling, 3 member 4 member 5 member 6 member, all have the same exact content, what's EXTREMELY easy for 6 people is not quite so easy for 3.

But just to be clear, I absolutely love ALL content that doesn't require 18. Even if they made skirmish easier, it'd still be awesome, just for the simple fact that I don't have to rely on 16 other people.

(yes I know tojil can be solo'd by an 8boxing bot user, that's skill, that's challenge, but i'm not gonna pay for 6 more accounts lol).
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post

But let's look at the other end of the spectrum; that abyssea skirmish type thing ( i forgot the name). Enemies come in waves of 10~ and they hit the martello one time and the damn thing dies.

This was done soooo much better.
    While I agree with your point that they could have made skirmish better ,I don't agree with this part. Bastion (as it's known) was a nice concept but poorly implemented. A wave mobs approaches the martello,the npc's nuke, you voke, ws w/e, the mobs totally ignore you and 1 shot the martello, now you get to wait 5-10 mins to do it again.

The hate system in Bastion sucks, if u don't kill the mob as soon as you take action on it it`s going to ignore you. If skirmish had the same mechanics as bastion it would be much harder to defend the camp, especially near the end when you get swamped.
    (1)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I disagree I found skirmish 2 one of the worst events SE has ever made. Nobody I know in my LS liked it at all. Weak mobs that die in like 2-3 auto attack rounds guarding a tent for 30-45 min isn't fun. This is so boring waiting around, your good gear can't make it go faster due to the fact you have to just sit there and wait most of the time. To me skirmish 2 is a snoozefest, just got me playing FFXIV more.

I would make something that has actual challenge in it. Not stand around for 30 min doing nothing 90% of the time and collect loot.

Delve in comparison is a lot better because your actually going out and fighting stuff trying to do it fast to beat the timer.

Delve is one of the same events that applies to the 5% of playerbase that is in a hardcore endgame ls. Of course, players that cleared delve cant find any fun in the game because they have nothing that stands a challenge to them. Till something else stronger comes up and they rush to beat it in a week to find themselves bored again.

But SE did the right move to create an event that is doable for the majority that can't commit to a linkshell as a second job. It promotes healthy gaming by letting people gear up decently outside of linkshells like that and it is also a smart move towards appealing to the majority that keeps the servers online instead of the same 5% of elitists.
    (7)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    personally I think your all missing the point of skirmish, its supposed to be the middle ground between abby an delve, its meant for the people who missed out on the big surge of delve shouts and on servers like phoenix were u don't get many nm or plasm farm shouts anymore just boss shouts the players with lvl 99 weapons still have a chance to get up to par so they can join the runs. the 1 ls I have that hasn't died due to the REM issue or ffxiv release is the kind of group that doesn't care about progression, they just want to have fun with there group so due to a few members only getting SOA addon recently they missed out on all the shouts and felt that they were very slowly if ever going to catch up to peeps so I started walking them through skirmish an skirmish II, they had a blast. not only did they do something fun that would mostly catch them up but for people with lvl 90 emp weapons it was challenging, I think this skirmish event is perfect for the lvl of player it was aimed at, and trust me read some of my other posts im normally not handing out praise to SE (FIX MY RELIC DAM YOU)
    (7)

Character
    Merils
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Dumbest, boring, yawn event ever.
    (5)

Player
    I hope OP is being sarcastic.
    (4)

Player
    Is the event good for a middle event? Yes.

Is the event fun? No.

Is the event hard? No.

Is the event too easy? Yes.

Are its rewards good? Yes.

Are its augments good? Hell no.

What could be improved? A more progressive augment system much like Delve had, where the best augments are able to be gotten with hard work, not pure luck. Luck based things on this level need to be removed, and fixed with more progressive styles of progression. Making everything a mass of luck is stupid, boring, and often disappointing.
    (8)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It was somewhat fun for me the first time in Yorcia. Every time after that I found pretty boring, though.

I'm hoping to skip putting more effort than I have into Skirmish gear and just get better stuff when newer Delve comes out. Skirmish bores me too much, and I don't like random gil sink augments. I prefer Delves augment system, where you know what you are getting.
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast