Character
    Kij
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

FFXI Gameplay/update/revamp?

I will try to explain as best as I can with my limited english.
    FFXI has been going on strong for over a decade. Many of players fell in love with
    the gameplay,controls and mechanics of this game. FFXIV was much anticipated yet
    why is it such a dissapointement? why not keep a system that has worked so well for so many years. Instead of releasing a newer game with cool graphics but very poor
    gameplay such as WoW.. I'm curious to see how many players would really love to see a new FFXI(version 2) with new graphics,good new content such as events we had, zilart,cop,aht urgan etc. those kind of content. Keeping our characters we have spent so much time on. Is it impossible to release a graphics revamp for xi and have it relive for another 10years as it already has? For several years already xiv has been a flop.. some will keep playing im sure since it doesnt require much skills and anyone can play it very easily, but its not even close as entertaining as XI. Please support if you like my idea.
    (7)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think all ffxi vet players miss the old days of actual challenging fun events and yes we all would like to move back time with this game, but!!!! as much as I would hate to admit it all good things come to an end. I think this game has already gone to far that its prob not salvageable. give the new update a chance if its not good enough move on, allways remember ffxi with fond memories and buy GTA V as it looks awesome
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm with you Kij but its has already been said REVAMP graphic would cost to much its cheaper to make a NEW game something about the game engine and dunno whatever is the reason...

we got already a font package if i'm not wrong and few icons got upgraded
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It wasn't easier to make a new game. It was easier to market a new game.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why no FFXI revamp?

Easy. PS2 players couldn't play it. Until they're officially out of the system, you can't really remodel the core functions of the game to take advantage of a better console/PC.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.