A question for the devs about developer responses

Something I've been curious about lately--

Are developers more likely to reply to posts made in specific forums? If I want to ask you something about a job's current state, are you more likely to reply to it in that job's forum or does this not matter to you.

From my perspective, it probably does not matter. You probably don't want things placed in unrelated-forums, like me asking a question about bard songs in the red mage forums.

Since each person with an idea, wants maximum exposure, they take it to the most trafficked forum. If it's a good idea, that's a way to get the community behind it, since, while a red mage-main might agree that (example) thief's positional requirements are really outdated, that person wouldn't browse the thief forums, and they might not browse the battle forums.

Thank you.
    (0)

Japanese forum posts do get quicker responses but that is due to the dev team being Japanese and it being easy for them to quickly respond personally. And they don't respond to absolutely everything either.

I believe the moderators wade through the trolling and the less serious threads looking for posts that are worth the devs time and take to them the more pressing posts and English ones need translation twice over which take additional time. It can take them a long time to respond sometimes unless you have a bug issue that a gm can respond to, they tend to be faster.

Basically you post and wish for the best.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Something I've been curious about lately--

Are developers more likely to reply to posts made in specific forums? If I want to ask you something about a job's current state, are you more likely to reply to it in that job's forum or does this not matter to you.

From my perspective, it probably does not matter. You probably don't want things placed in unrelated-forums, like me asking a question about bard songs in the red mage forums.

Since each person with an idea, wants maximum exposure, they take it to the most trafficked forum. If it's a good idea, that's a way to get the community behind it, since, while a red mage-main might agree that (example) thief's positional requirements are really outdated, that person wouldn't browse the thief forums, and they might not browse the battle forums.

Thank you.
    It's not what you say or where you say it...It's how it's said that surely determines if you get a response. I don't think they want to get into an arguement with their customers over WHO's right about how THEIR game should be modeled and run. SE is still a private company. If they want to take (oh yeas I'm stabbing deep on this one) 20 years developing a new summon they have every right to... Balancing customer service with their own dreams and goals for this game is a tough balancing act to do and most MMO's dont make it past 10 years without buckling to their playerbase.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think they'll read it no matter which forum you post it in. However, if you post it in the appropriate forum (Battle Content as an example), I think you're more likely to get intelligent responses from your peers.
    (0)