Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

REM Revamp does not include instruments

Here I am posting again to see if SE will reconsider their
    decision not to add instruments to the REM revamps.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...742#post437742

I think this is the perfect time to add in a Gjallarhorn 99 only song, again my suggestion for this song is Massacre Elegy.

Far too long has horn been considered a 2nd class relic. All other relics, with the exception of shield had a unique weaponskill(before the weps came out that allowed you to use those weapon skills wielding said weps). Granted yes Gjallarhorn
    is powerful in its All songs +4 stat(albeit only +1 better than the instruments with +3 stats), the only songs it really helps are Scherzo(Mass chalemie Scherzo +1 vs +4 from Gjallarhorn 99) and ballad (Crooner's Cinthara +1 vs +4 Gjallarhorn 99).

We did the same amount of work as any other relic holder to complete their weapon
    We got the base, the synthesis items, the attestation, the fragment, and lets not forget all the ancient currency that was needed for the upgrades. Yes we're not a relic weapon(shield isn't too), but Gjallarhon IS a relic. Should it not get equal treatment as other relics? If other relics get upgrades why shouldn't we? I'm not saying it should be "All songs+5 or higher(though it would be nice but mostlikely overpowring), but why not a Gjallarhorn specific song?

Granted yes the mp that is refreshed from Gjallarhorn 99, combined
    with Daurdabla at 90 is 21mp/tic(if you include the +1 from Aoidos' Rhing. +2)

Bards are one of the few jobs that is needed alot with the current state of game.
    I see many delve shouts on asura always needing bards.

And yes bard is a thankless job at times. We can't claim to be a massive dd, a powerful nuker, or the best healer. The only thing we do well is buff others around us. Bard is the ultimate support class, and we live vicariously though others. We make them stronger, they usually get all the glory, and rarely it comes down to the bard has saved the day(As I've played main bard for some 8+ years, I think only 1 situation where bard saved the day was BCNM 40 steamed sprouts).

Bards in my opinion are the grease that makes the gears of a good party run smoothly. We help to compensate where the party is lacking and increase stats that are needed to help the party kill faster or survive longer. Granted yes other jobs do this, IE COR, GEO. But they are not total support. They have the ability to do damage with guns and magic. Yes bard has dagger, but becuase of the duration of our songs, it severely limits the time we could pull it out and do some damage as we are buffing both the mages and dd in our party.

so I ask again please reconsider the decision that instruments will not be included in the REM revamp. I believe this is a perfect opportunity to add a Gjallarhorn specific spell which has been far too long overlooked.
    (4)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hate BRD.
    I mean... I REALLY hate it.... I HATE it.
    The powerless feeling I get when I dabbled in it.... uhg... words can not express how much I hated every minute of it.

That being said...
    I think that this is something to be considered... Though I think you might be a bit confused with the REM update. They're just changing the base dmg and adding some of that "fake" skill levels to the 90-99 versions (iirc, it might be only 95-99).
    So as to the update in things like stats and abilities... I don't believe they've said anything about changing them.

But having done a quick look at the "afterglow" Gjallarhorn.....
    There is no "afterglow".
    Aegis has an afterglow effect... though I am not sure how it triggers... the fact that it has one and Gjallarhorn doesn't...
    But then again... I am unsure of how to trigger one for an instrument and also of what one could be without unhinging things.
    BUT... all things considered... seeing as how there IS a 99-2 Gjallarhorn... Why not make the instrument's "afterglow" a spell?
    It would give reason to make the upgrade... and could be implemented in the same update that the REM overhaul happens in. (which given the UI going up on the Test Server... I'm expecting it to happen sometime soon-ish... December at the latest if the UI overhaul -which was consuming a lot of dev resources- goes golden in the september update.)

And as to being a thankless role... well... yeah... it really is... (which probably compounds the neutered feeling I had when playing it) But then whms will be overlooked too... and whm and brd are probably two of the most vital jobs in a party... not because they will save the day... but because without them (or with a bad one of them) there is a severe noticeable difference in... well... everything.
    And dear god do I thank every player who plays a BRD..... because that means I never have to.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The link I posted specifically says instruments will not be included. I'm not a DD, however I do understand that upping just the base damage will not be enough to make relic weapons valuable again. When you look at delve megaboss weapons, they also have alot of skill for that weapon type on them.

My post was not so much about relic weapons, but about Gjallarhorn. That it is indeed a relic, yet because its buffing/dot/enfeebling. That it's not getting updated along with the other relics and that is being unfair. We Gjallarhorn owners put just as much effort as any other relic holder to obtain the currency, synthesis, and rare ex items that we should get some type of boost.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    The link I posted specifically says instruments will not be included. I'm not a DD, however I do understand that upping just the base damage will not be enough to make relic weapons valuable again. When you look at delve megaboss weapons, they also have alot of skill for that weapon type on them.

My post was not so much about relic weapons, but about Gjallarhorn. That it is indeed a relic, yet because its buffing/dot/enfeebling. That it's not getting updated along with the other relics and that is being unfair. We Gjallarhorn owners put just as much effort as any other relic holder to obtain the currency, synthesis, and rare ex items that we should get some type of boost.
    The REM weapons are also getting those "fake" skill buffs for the 99 versions.
    But they haven't mentioned any rough guidelines for them yet, unlike the damage levels.

Gjallarhorn 99-2 should have an "afterglow" and said "afterglow" should be a special song.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Afterglow Gjallarhorn should not be given a special song.

No.
    (1)

So, if they gave Ghorn an afterglow, how would you make it proc?

Weapons afterglow procs after using the relic WS which, on the most part, are rubbish. Aegis procs after using shield bash, which is on a 2:30 (if fully merited) timer. You could hardly get an afterglow just for singing!

Stuff like this always makes me laugh. There are jobs out there that are completely broken, and can't ever get to do decent content, yet jobs like MNK WHM BRD, which are guaranteed slots, complain that "I want new spells", "My kick attacks don't do enough damage" or "My horn doesn't have an afterglow and isn't getting +200 skill like all the other relics".
    (3)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Just add an afterglow that changes your character model into lady gaga riding on the back of Odin who is wearing a leather harness, bottomless chaps and a gimp mask while shooting rainbow laserbeams out of his eyes. While you spray glitter out of your GHorn at monsters and charm them.
    (3)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The update to REM weapons is due to the weapons now being outdated and very underpowered compared to the new delve weapons. I could level any DD job to 99 and buy its Delve weapon (or even AH one like Senbaak Nagen) and, provided we both know what we are doing, I will outdo someone using R/M/E. Unless something is done, why would anyone now bother to make anything that isn't Ochain/Aegis/Gjallarhorn/Daurdabla/Yagrush/the other few useful weapons left? And what about all of the people who have already made them?

When did Gjallarhorn/Daurdabla/Ochain/Aegis become outdated and underpowered? They didn't. I can't level BRD to 99 and quickly be an elite bard like I could with a DD job. It still takes a lot of work to get both Daurdabla and Gjallarhorn if I want to be the best bard possible.

This is their reasoning behind why they are not updating shield or instruments. The shields and instruments, as they intend, will always be number one. You're really comparing apples to oranges. Many of the R/M/E weapons become overshadowed completely by new gear. The instruments did not.
    (4)

iLevel, we don't get one from our primary gear piece (hint, it ain't dagger, you have to play it), RME will certainly get an iLevel buff, we won't.

As to afterglow, as said above, how the hell would you proc it? waste of time on an instrument. The other point tho, this game is now solely gear aquizition based, for bard there's no point, none of the new stuff (even that flute) is better than what we had at 99, except for a bit more def. Maybe the AF revamps will change that, no idea yet, but again, our armor isn't our primary tool, our instruments are. They don't need to boost the numbers on Ghorn, or add more songs to daurdaubla, but some wind/string/singing+ would sure as hell be a good idea, and I'm sure other stats could be made to work, traditionally recast down, casting time down have been viable, but I could also see a boost to duration that stacks, or straight boosts to troubadour and nightengale, etc. All would be in keeping with raising instruments up and giving us bards a goal that isn't "get everyone else their stuff, and I hope you have another job to work for yourself, good luck ever getting to play it." As to another song, I'm kind of indifferent unless it's something new to bard, like a regain song, a terror barrier, something USEFUL, but I suppose a 3rd slow song if inspiration is totally failing.
    (0)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Keep in mind, at least for shield, SE said that OChain would have an ilvl of 150 if it were assigned one. I am sure Daur and Gjallar would be asigned high ilvls as well. Nothing in Adoulin touches the instruments.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast