Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magitek Armor

Player
    Lol... I gave up on having fun with games. These days its more of a chore than playing for fun. My fun is now making my own remixes lol. I'm remixing Lady Gaga - Bad Romance right now lol..
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    Kinda off topic, but if you haven't played FFXIV 2.0 yet, at least give it a go. Sure it isn't FFXI but it isn't trying to be, what it is is fun. I can't say I have truly had fun in FFXI for a couple of years probably. Sure FFXIV will probably crash and burn long before it reaches its 10 year anniversary because MMO players nowadays are fickle, but for however long it stays around for (or however long I stay around playing it) I know I will have fun.

Isn't that what games are for? To have fun? So I don't really get why so many FFXI players are hating on FFXIV players, because at the end of the day we are all just humans wanting to have fun in our spare time after work. If you find FFXI more fun than FFXIV, then thats great! Keep playing! If you find FFXIV more fun, awesome! Me too! If you find both fun? Even better! Play both! Find neither fun? Fair enough, go find a fun game to play!
    Same reason FFXI players hate one GW2, WoW, RIFT, etc etc players and vice versa. Ppl are territorial and get incredibly insulted when someone sullies the name of their mmo of choice. I used to get up in arms about ffxi, stating its the best and all others can poopoo, then abyssea came out, I lost interest in ffxi-easybuttonedition and I started playing other mmos only to see a whole new world out there lol. Granted I did settle on ffxiv but that is because I played the bad version, saw in improve and gained tons and tons of respect for the new dev team. Its evolution has been dramatic. My ffxi sub will definitely be going bye bye soon since arr is a sneeze away. So opinions change but only if someone is willing to accept it. Haters will hate, you just need to ignore it.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    Same reason FFXI players hate one GW2, WoW, RIFT, etc etc players and vice versa. Ppl are territorial and get incredibly insulted when someone sullies the name of their mmo of choice. I used to get up in arms about ffxi, stating its the best and all others can poopoo, then abyssea came out, I lost interest in ffxi-easybuttonedition and I started playing other mmos only to see a whole new world out there lol. Granted I did settle on ffxiv but that is because I played the bad version, saw in improve and gained tons and tons of respect for the new dev team. Its evolution has been dramatic. My ffxi sub will definitely be going bye bye soon since arr is a sneeze away. So opinions change but only if someone is willing to accept it. Haters will hate, you just need to ignore it.
    (Quoted you because I agree to your post)

Yeah times are changing and technology is evolving. I mean admit it most of us either started off playing Final Fantasy games in 8bit to 16bit and so on.

It's just that not everyone came to FFXI as their first introduction to the world of Final Fantasy.

Unless you live under a rock. Or wasn't part of the Nintendo era.

At any rate those of you complaining that FFXiV is NOT FFXI, well yeah duh.. I mean compared to PS4 compatability, the DEV TEAM can do much than what can be done on XI.

Graphics will enhance the story and gameplay better. All Series had battle systems improved. That's nothing new.

Point is whether its FFXI, XIV, and whatever else gets released. It's still Final Fantasy.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-21-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Seriously they added it to FFXIV?
    http://youtu.be/q8RuIXX4ntc
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post
    Goodbye FFXI. I'm sold now. That's all I have to say. Only after seeing 3 seconds of that video got me.
    (1)

Player
    It's obvious now that what they couldn't do in FFXI they did everything in FFXIV.

Rather than recode FFXI, they just moved forward with a new version. I just didn't realize it until now.
    (0)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Goodbye FFXI. I'm sold now. That's all I have to say. Only after seeing 3 seconds of that video got me.
    Check this too:
    http://youtu.be/ub3og-QK4Kg?t=7m6s

The whole video is amazing, but I paused it at the Magitek mounts. These are the 2nd half of the dungeon zones in ARR.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 08-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Player
    Lol @ the fleeing Tonberry..

By the way the vids are beautiful. What's caught my attention the most is the gameplay controls.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21...a-realm-reborn

Lol I never knew there would be voice acting in CS vids.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnxfrvgdqw
    (0)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lol @ the fleeing Tonberry..

By the way the vids are beautiful. What's caught my attention the most is the gameplay controls.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21...a-realm-reborn

Lol I never knew there would be voice acting in CS vids.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnxfrvgdqw
    yep it's pretty spectacular ^.^ Yoshida has to be the best producer In modern gaming
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post
    yep it's pretty spectacular ^.^ Yoshida has to be the best producer In modern gaming
    In Yoshida we trust
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast