Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Avatar DPS: This is just ridiculous

So, I'm doing reives on SMN.

I'm wielding Yaskomo's Pole, making me ilvl 113. I'm also using Dashavatara Sachet, making my avatar ilvl 113.

I'm SMN/SCH, my avatar is Garuda, a BLM.

I'm a taru, with max STR merits, but all my gear is for avatar only. No melee gear for myself at all.

SO WHY THE HECK AM I HITTING FOR MORE THAN TWICE THE DAMAGE OF GARUDA?!?!?!?

The BP damage is nice, but with a 45 second recast it's just not enough, especially with the INCREDIBLY WEAK melee damage.

The whole "Avatars are BLMs, they're not supposed to melee for much" is complete BS when they hit for less than a SMN Taru.

Meleeing like this is just TP feed to the mobs.
    (8)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    LoL Babekeke... just LoL
    I think it's best to look at the AF1 for the indication of how the devs intended a job to play....
    And what does the Evoker's set tell us.....
    SMN is supposed to poop out an avatar, use a BP, release Avatar. repeat.
    All that -enmity on the avatar... it only makes sense if the original intent was to have Avatars be the equivalent to a BLM's spell... you know... like how they are in most of the other FFs.

That being said.... What you're pointing out is the inherent design flaw from the conception of the job.
    "we shouldn't make the avatars deal good auto-attack dmg, they need to act like they did in FF3-9: a big flashy black magic spell."
    As to making them deal more AA dmg.... maybe they will with that grip... unless the sachets WERE that grip...
    (which I hope not because I'm looking forward to a grip with +5~15 skill, maybe some +MP, maybe some -emnity for the SMN, and +70 to all avatar stats...)
    Will they change this? probably not...
    At least not before they change the REMs...
    So... yeah....
    :/
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Wish they would at least make Avatar:Attack+ and Pet: ATTK+(or does Pet: effect AA?) gear effect auto attack,instead of just BPs, might help SOME, but probably not. XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Infidi; 08-16-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Wish they would at least make Avatar:Attack+ and Pet: ATTK+(or does Pet: effect AA?) gear effect auto attack,instead of just BPs, might help SOME, but probably not. XD
    Don't they affect AA? I would have sworn they did.... Cause it's the same for a PC's AA... (+atk = more dmg due to the atk/def thing)
    (I don't have +atk merits, mine are +acc and +mab)
    (0)

As far as we can tell, Pet/Avatar: Attack+ does not effect Auto Attack damage... Only BP... Or vice versa i forget but whatever.

Point is, Avatar's Auto-Attack damage is crap grade crap, I should point out Carbuncle is a WHM, and I believe Fenrir is a DRK, but overall, their damage is stupidly low. I think their Base Attack damage should receive a major potency bonus. I can without fail outdamage my Avatars, BP's and all, as a SMN with my melee set, which is just a sad state for the job. If a SMN Melee can out damage an avatar, how does SE expect Avatars to compete against any other DD at all?
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    As far as we can tell, Pet/Avatar: Attack+ does not effect Auto Attack damage... Only BP... Or vice versa i forget but whatever.

Point is, Avatar's Auto-Attack damage is crap grade crap, I should point out Carbuncle is a WHM, and I believe Fenrir is a DRK, but overall, their damage is stupidly low. I think their Base Attack damage should receive a major potency bonus. I can without fail outdamage my Avatars, BP's and all, as a SMN with my melee set, which is just a sad state for the job. If a SMN Melee can out damage an avatar, how does SE expect Avatars to compete against any other DD at all?
    You forgot that they are stuck on a staff timer without the ability for haste (except Garuda and a few small gear haste for them.)... so a melee smn would get even further ahead than they already are....

And thinking about it... I'm pretty sure pet:+atk must increase AA dmg... because BSTs don't have BPs...
    Though I'm fairly certain that if it DOES affect AA... it's something barely noticeable...
    Though it is also possible that the merit for it is for BPs only and no one ever said anything.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    You forgot that they are stuck on a staff timer without the ability for haste (except Garuda and a few small gear haste for them.)... so a melee smn would get even further ahead than they already are....

And thinking about it... I'm pretty sure pet:+atk must increase AA dmg... because BSTs don't have BPs...
    Though I'm fairly certain that if it DOES affect AA... it's something barely noticeable...
    Though it is also possible that the merit for it is for BPs only and no one ever said anything.
    On BST might just effect the physical moves the pets do. Wouldn't that be crappy? XD
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Part of that is just how pet pdif works. Basically if I remember the testing right pets are all running with much higher base attacks and it basically makes small amounts of pet att fairly worthless compared player and it makes it so that dmg increases quicker than players as targets get higher/lower. Though pets always have different caps so that's why pets do insane dmg on lower lvl stuff. Basically while pet att/avatar att does do something until they start adding stuff that adds att% or much higher amounts it's kinda worthless

That said don't feel too bad you do more dmg in that 1 bp then jugs are doing now during whole events on anything soa lol.
    (1)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Part of that is just how pet pdif works. Basically if I remember the testing right pets are all running with much higher base attacks and it basically makes small amounts of pet att fairly worthless compared player and it makes it so that dmg increases quicker than players as targets get higher/lower. Though pets always have different caps so that's why pets do insane dmg on lower lvl stuff. Basically while pet att/avatar att does do something until they start adding stuff that adds att% or much higher amounts it's kinda worthless

That said don't feel too bad you do more dmg in that 1 bp then jugs are doing now during whole events on anything soa lol.
    Yeah, but BST has TH on pets! Jk,Jk. It used to be a somewhat balance of higher burst damage with avatars and better DoT on BST pets, but BST has to have those axes with Ilvls on them and a jug that is able to go that high. Most of the new jug pets aren't that great, are they? Never heard yet.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Yeah, but BST has TH on pets! Jk,Jk. It used to be a somewhat balance of higher burst damage with avatars and better DoT on BST pets, but BST has to have those axes with Ilvls on them and a jug that is able to go that high. Most of the new jug pets aren't that great, are they? Never heard yet.
    But they dropped it by 2 with promises of a pet th weapon that never came and then claims that they never said it would... <.<. I had almost forgetton about that. Look what you've done!! . Most the new jugs are ok... but well like say grasshopper is like 90k a synth <.<. The others are slightly better ingredient wise but not much. So pretty much stuck using old pets.

I think SE believes bst is now basically an axe version of drg lol. Ie mostly just a gimp war that has something that can soak some dmg and add 1% to dot but basically not a real pet job anymore.

Back to somewhat on topic they really should rework pet pdif... or add things like they understand how it works. Adding pet mab +25 is nowhere near on the same power lvl as pet att/ratt +25. But who knows maybe they want to stear pets into mostly magic dmg?
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast