Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    I'm still waiting on them to bump up Voidwatch drop-rates so I can get a bloody Ogier's Helm.

Should just make for a flat 25% minimum drop rate on everything that doesn't have an iLvl tag. Majority of that stuff is obsolete gear that only serves its purpose as a step-up piece, so there's zero justification for keeping it 'rare'.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'm still waiting on them to bump up Voidwatch drop-rates so I can get a bloody Ogier's Helm.

Should just make for a flat 25% minimum drop rate on everything that doesn't have an iLvl tag. Majority of that stuff is obsolete gear that only serves its purpose as a step-up piece, so there's zero justification for keeping it 'rare'.
    Lol I agree. Then maybe pulse cells will have a purpose to exist in AH.
    (2)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to slap +25 all stats to say NNI gear and call it a day. I must agree with Demon that the content they juuuust released is now irrelevant. Just saying...it makes sense. And yes, I know SE is very senseless....
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Imagine if Toci's Harness or Heka's was revealed at 75 (but the pieces were still 95).

People don't seem to quite grasp that if level 110 was the cap, this gear would say that on it, and this gear wouldn't look *quite* so amazing.
    not really because the stat you should get leveling up are on the gear. diference between a lvl99 player with lvl99 and ilvl120 gear is not the difference with a lvl75player with 75 gear and toci but between a lvl75 in level75 gear and a lvl95player in toci
    (1)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    I know you guys are thinking about upgrading RME, but there are other pieces of equipment I would also like to see an upgrade to. Gear from NNI, SalvageV2, LimbusV2, etc. I just think since many of us worked so hard on this gear to see much of it obsolete from delve/coalition gear that an upgrade of lvl 100+ to most of it would be pretty savvy. Thank you.
    how about the old but very nice Black Belt item?
    still lvl 75 one of the best items for years
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    At the cost of making every single bit of old content completely irrelevant. That, is a bad design philosophy, discard 10 years of content that could keep the players interested in the game longer for the sole reason of having them do newer content.
    haveing old content die out isnt a wrong thing, some content is really so old it better should die. Keeping things fresh with new content is allways interesting.
    (0)

Player
    Kill some content, that's ok, kill nearly every bit of the content, not ok.

Before Adoulin a number of events were relevant, now, every event that was done for gear is basically dead, instantly, because all of the new gear is so overpowered in stats thanks to trying to account for the level stat variance that nothing old is good. The only arguable good gear from the past are things like Rajas, Moonshade, or Brutal, things that give stats for the respective spot that you do not find that high elsewhere, and also have not been boosted by Adoulin in nearly the same way. But so far as I know, just about every head, body, hands, leg, and feet item, as well as nearly every weapon, have all been outdated by a very, very large margin. That, is a very large difference between outdating some content and all content die. For them to literally dump out 10 years worth of content and go with basically only Adoulin being relevant is basically saying if you do not like Adoulin, nothing added will ever be relevant to you again. Because so far as it seems, at this point, adding normal level 99 gear outside of Adoulin would be the same as if they added level 80~90 drops and gear while everyone was at level 99, just didn't happen.
    (1)

Old content should die out to make way for new content. Going back having to do some old content for a certain item that happens to be good is not fun. A lot of people won't want to do it because its old they already did it.

Let the old stuff die make way for new content you haven't done yet. Works so well in many other MMOs, they are just trying to get FFXI up to date with the standard model of MMO gearing.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Old content should die out to make way for new content. Going back having to do some old content for a certain item that happens to be good is not fun. A lot of people won't want to do it because its old they already did it.

Let the old stuff die make way for new content you haven't done yet. Works so well in many other MMOs, they are just trying to get FFXI up to date with the standard model of MMO gearing.
    Great in theory, but if you can't get a group to do old content for minimum gear requirements, you can't participate in the new content if you aren't there day 1. By outdating items by such a margin, it makes it harder and harder new players to catch up.

Personally, I would like to see them add some more updates to Magian trial weapons. Not asking for boss drop ilvl, but it would be nice to continue growing these if you are unable to get a delve weapon.
    (3)
    Last edited by Xantavia; 08-16-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Great in theory, but if you can't get a group to do old content for minimum gear requirements, you can't participate in the new content if you aren't there day 1. By outdating items by such a margin, it makes it harder and harder new players to catch up.

Personally, I would like to see them add some more updates to Magian trial weapons. Not asking for boss drop ilvl, but it would be nice to continue growing these if you are unable to get a delve weapon.
    I thought that's why they added additional stats to Bayld/Delve gear. Anyone can earn Bayld easily now and buy Bayld gear. Just they need to fill in the gap to those who don't have REM yet.
    (0)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast