Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    rune is a good job since the new gear came out, tyvm.
    I'll be inclined to agree with you the first time I see a shout for 'PLD or RUN'
    (1)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I'll be inclined to agree with you the first time I see a shout for 'PLD or RUN'
    Happened last night when someone needed to do the geo AF. We rocked it NP.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    Happened last night when someone needed to do the geo AF. We rocked it NP.
    The AF fights scream RUN as a tank, as they are exceptionally elemental based. Only one I had a slight difficulty with was the Marlboro for GEO AF1 since I can't defend against multiple elemental ailments at the same time. Tax'et too could probably be done with a RUN instead of PLD since it is a solitary element (not to mention when stuck in DD party can keep them from dying so much too). Delve in and of itself is not quite as likely as RUN is not a job in which you are permitted a fast pace unfortunately.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You won't see a shout for "PLD or RUN" because they function completely differently.
    RUN protects front line parties and contributes to DPS (as they get fully buffed).
    PLD keeps stuff off the RNG partys, or holds adds. Most are oblivious to what benefits RUN brings to the party.

JP have been shouting for 2xRUN in foret 1-5+ boss runs since before the AF was even released (Would refuse to go without them). They get put in the DD partys to keep them alive during the aura phases. I suspect they will be vital in the hurkan/yumcax delve version fights too.
    Sure, we don't get asked to sac in a random plasm farm party, but is that a bad thing?

Edit: On topic, the color is pretty bad, but i'd like to see an example on a male character to see if it's a bit darker.
    (3)
    Last edited by Thorbean; 08-15-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That peach color on rune need to be a darker orrange close to the color on geo. Then the trim would stand out more and outline the lighter colors better. That said, I always thought Geo looked more like a preist/monk in travel atire than somthing more like a variation of a Onmyōdō. Apart from that I always thought Rune and Geo wasn't going to have relec or emp gear, or was that only for weapons?
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    That peach color on rune need to be a darker orrange close to the color on geo. Then the trim would stand out more and outline the lighter colors better. That said, I always thought Geo looked more like a preist/monk in travel atire than somthing more like a variation of a Onmyōdō. Apart from that I always thought Rune and Geo wasn't going to have relec or emp gear, or was that only for weapons?
    Weapons only. We will have to wait and see if they are obtainable as typical relic and empyrean gear. Wouldnt fit the story though, at least for relic.
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Weapons only. We will have to wait and see if they are obtainable as typical relic and empyrean gear. Wouldnt fit the story though, at least for relic.
    Seems the first runefencers sword is still kicking around. It even has status in game as a legendary weapon so I would like orvails sword or the equivalent GS.
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It's a japanese rpg... you really thought the clothes would look cool and masculine? lol.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesaris View Post
    It's a japanese rpg... you really thought the clothes would look cool and masculine? lol.
    To be fair.... these shots are on Mithra.
    Ain't no gear that isn't sexualized for Mithra.
    I mean.... just look at the difference between a male character in GEO AF....1.... and a female... Which is the one in hotpants and a coat that doesn't cover their butt.... and who's the one in baggy pants with a dress tail on their jacket?

EDIT: Show me the mined dat on a male elvaan/hume or a galka... and THEN we can talk about salmon colored gear or not.
    (1)

I really don't care what they look like, and never have cared about how any gear in this game has looked. To me it's all about the stats. The question is.. are the stats sufficient to make RUN have any use at all...? I don't think so ><
    I bet it wouldn't matter to you if everything in the game was wireframe rectangles!
    (1)

11. 08-17-2013 10:30 PM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast