World: Bahamut
    Main Job: Summoner, Lv.99
    Support Job: Red
    Area and Coordinates: Ceizak Battlegrounds, H-9
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Fernfelling Chapuli
    Steps:
    1. I was testing my Yaskmo's Pole against my Uffrat. The Uffrat staff has the additional stats Damage: +15, INT +1, MDN +3, Avatar: "Mag. Atk. Bns." +23.
    2. The first test against several Fernfelling Chapuli using the Yaskmo's Pole casting Heavenly Strike(Shiva) did between 3917-4083 damage. Using the Uffrat staff casting Heavenly Strike(Shiva) did consistently 4397 damage.
    3. Use 3 Airlixirs on the Yaskmo's Pole Type: B, Rank: 1 for additional stats of [1]Pet: "Mag. Atk. Bns." +6.
    4. 2nd Test against Fernfelling Chapuli using Yaskmo's Pole casting Heavenly Strike(Shiva) only did 4028 damage.
    5. The damage should of been the same or greater with the Yaskmo's Pole after the upgrade than the Uffrat staff. I feel the problem is that the upgrade for the Yaskomo's Pole [1]Pet: "Mag. Atk. Bns." is wrong/broken. Only Summoners can use these staffs yet the Yaskomo's Pole says "Pet". Summoners use "Avatars", BeastMasters use "Pets".
    6. I used 30,000 Plasm and 3 Airlixirs on Yaskomo's Pole that should of been better or the same than Uffrat staff. I hope that you can test this and make necessary repairs to the issue or tell me this is the way it is suppose to be, so I can tell other's not to use their 30,000 Plasm on a broken Summoner staff. Thank you.
    (2)

Character
    Clubark
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I agree. Why would smn need magic attack? The staff is very vague in the magic attack bonus description underneath "avatar:" However, its broken and needs to allow the avatars to receive the bonus. Not the SMN!
    (1)

I'm pretty sure that "pet:" stats generally also apply to avatars. If it doesn't, the problem is more likely that the stat isn't working properly, not that "pet" was used instead of "avatar".
    (1)