Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Khimaira is technically an Arcana type monster, which we lack the family for. Although, it'd be kind of interesting if rather than following the previous system of unlocking monsters, it required, say... 30 Behemoth, 30 Scorpion, and 30 Bat. Maybe interesting isn't the right word, but it'd make sense. Sure would be weird to get Magic Pots or Dolls to 60 or whatever and suddenly have Khim.
    (0)

The Manticore path was Sheep -> Ram, which I thought was weird. Coeurl + Bat would have been funny but I guess they had to keep it in the Beast family.
    But yeah, I didn't think about what family Khim was, I was just thinking that we already have big NM-type monsters like Cerberus, Behemoth, Sandworm, and Amphitere.
    We need more families! Totally putting my vote in for Vampyr in addition to Khimaira.
    I just wish I knew which mobs to grind on, because really I haven't had much motivation to play the content due to lack of interest in the current selections.
    (1)

belligerency sucks! I hate having to remember to remove it if I want to do dynamis (won't let me enter because of the level cap reduction) - please fix this!

- also solo player doesn't have a hope against monsters - it needs to be rebalanced. No one is going to party up for this, there are no rewards worth pursuing.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I disagree with players being able to solo monipulators that are on equal footing with them, especially seeing as we monipulators put in the time to build ourselves up to make sure that very thing doesn't happen. Instead, attention should be put toward making belligerency more appealing to bring a 3-6 person group to and be somewhat successful based on the skill of the monipulator and the group. First comes more interesting/unique rewards, then comes making sure every participant gets something worth their time, and finally comes making it so that it's not as annoying for both sides to cross paths frequently without making an appointment or ambushing someone for a one-sided fight.

Edit: by ambushing I mean waiting for someone's health to dip low from fighting the local monsters just to score an easy kill, you guys know who you are.
    (0)
    Last edited by DarkBEWD; 05-10-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    I disagree with players being able to solo monipulators that are on equal footing with them, especially seeing as we monipulators put in the time to build ourselves up...
    And players don't take time to build themselves up? I'm just saying if you want people to do belligerency it needs to be a solo activity. Evidence? Look at it right now! Honestly, I'd be interested in doing belligerency if I didn't have to give up all the gear I've worked hard for, gimp myself and get 5 shot. Not fun.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I still dont get the monstasity its sonething else that i avoid on ffxi kodo's to those that like it but itd not for me
    (0)

Character
    Firinia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    So what's going on with Monstrosity anyway? It's like it got left on the wayside... which kinda makes me sad because I enjoy it. If only it would get updates....
    (3)

It's a shame... I enjoy it too, but there's so much to do in-game now that requires gil, that people like to spend all their time doing something that will earn them gil. Since monstrosity doesn't supply gil in any way, shape or form, it's redundant. There also seems to be no point to get monipulators over level 90, either, which in a way is a good thing, since there's not many places to do so for large monipulators anyway.
    (0)

Agreed.
    It's a nice little diversion, but I think more people might do it if:
    - We could earn gil and farm for drops
    - We could harvest (they could add a "forage" ability or some such)
    - We could complete more RoE objectives (like access to more areas, and harvesting) to ease the level grind and get more sparks
    - We had more species to choose from
    - We had more double exp opportunities
    - We could party together for exp
    - We could earn merits/capacity points once we hit 99
    - We could keep NM status outside of Belligerency (or perhaps have more Belligerency areas with more level variety, for those who are trying to level grind/sparks farm quickly)
    (6)

Where are the updates? Still no teaming up for exp at the very least.... Why? That can't be something hard to implement.
    (2)

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast