World: Carbuncle
    Main Job: WAR lvl 99
    Support Job: SAM
    Area and Coordinates: All
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name:
    Steps:

Not sure if this is a bug or not but......

When fighting as a monster you don't have access to spells that you haven't learned on your character. REALLY hope this is a bug cause would hate to force people to level jobs they don't like or down right hate. Really enjoying the monstrosity update till I saw this bug(god I hope). This kinda took the wind out of it since I don't have jobs like WHM or BLM leveled to be able to really enjoy playing as a monster...
    (2)
    Last edited by Eliseo; 08-08-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Player
    Fairly sure this is not a bug, and honestly, its fine how it is in my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseo View Post
    REALLY hope this is a bug cause would hate to force people to level jobs they don't like or down right hate.

This kinda took the wind out of it since I don't have jobs like WHM or BLM leveled to be able to really enjoy playing as a monster...
    Why in the world would you play a job like WHM or BLM as a monster when you hate the jobs as a player? That makes 0 sense at all...
    (0)

Character
    Eliseo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Playing the job in party and playing it as a monster are two completely different things. If you could play WHM or BLM in a party like you do a melee maybe it would be a different story. But sitting on the back line curing people just never appealed to me. But it would be really nice to have haste, protect and other assorted spells as a monster w/o having to levels those jobs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Fairly sure this is not a bug, and honestly, its fine how it is in my opinion...
    Why in the world would you play a job like WHM or BLM as a monster when you hate the jobs as a player? That makes 0 sense at all...
    because unlike players, WHM and BLM monsters aren't terrible solo-ists, and in some cases, significantly better due to being able to cure. (okay, WHM and BLM can "solo", But im not talking about staring at a BSTmaster waiting for its pet to respawn)

I got bee to level 60 as the RDM class and loved it. I like RDM, but soloing on its like pulling teeth, as a monster, it was much quicker. Roles aren't the same either, As Eliseo pointed out. If you're a WHM monster doesn't mean you're going to be a Backline Cure, or if you're a BLM mob doesn't mean all you'll do is nuke.

Its vastly different. I'm going to have to agree with the OP, I don't think you should need to own the spells to use them as a monster... Not to mention possible spell lists. (Who else was looking forward to using Meteor on behemoth ;;?)
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Who else was looking forward to using Meteor on behemoth ;;?
    Honestly making you learn it on BLM first might just make the spell worth learning finally, since it has no use for an actual BLM.

I see your points, but still, I cant say I care much either way, to me, it makes some sort of sense, but at the same time, I do understand your argument as well.
    (0)

Aye, I personally have WHM, BLM, and RDM 99, spells intact, so it doesn't effect me negatively, But i can understand people not wanting to level RDM, WHM, or BLM to 99 and purchase all the spells just to be effective at those jobs during Play-As-A-monster.
    (0)