Severely reduced exp when ilvl gear is equipped

If you equip any gear that has an item level you lose a large amount of experience points then what you previous got before the Aug 5th patch.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...em-Adjustments

Now in the above post Matusi said this
    Other II

When equipping items that show an item level, we’ve made it so the message displayed when checking monsters will vary depending on your average item level.
    As the level range of monsters you can obtain experience points from has increased making it difficult to understand just how easy an "easy prey" monster is, we’ve added a new message: "Incredibly easy prey."
    We've made it so that adjustments to the amount of experience points obtained will not take place via item level.
    The main point is he said exp obtained will not take place via item level, but currently it does change a lot. We lose a very large amount of EXP with item level gear equipped in areas like Dynamis and Abyssea. This is a huge problem for doing dynamis AF trials, and slows down leveling / merits in Abyssea.

Is this intended or is it a bug?
    (6)

When it negatively affects players, always assume it to be intended.
    (4)

Hello,

This is in fact a confirmed bug and it was recently announced on PlayOnline news.

We apologize for the inconvenience as the development team looks into addressing this.
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, camate!

Can you forgive me?
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

This is in fact a confirmed bug and it was recently announced on PlayOnline news.

We apologize for the inconvenience as the development team looks into addressing this.
    iirc, there was an adjustment to the xp of mobs >99 or something like that. I imagine that this bug is the result of a coding error in that.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 08-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I remember this being mentioned in the forums shortly after the adjustment was put on the test server, so it shouldn't be a surprise to the dev team. Shouldn't.
    (3)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    To be fair a number of things have caught them by surprise. Ochain being 30% less effective on high level targets like those found in Adoulin, that RUN merit thing where it also reduced the recast on Rune Enchantment itself. They're probably learning on the job since I doubt any of them are from the original Dev Team. Not completely forgivable by any stretch but they are trying to push the game mechanics to new levels never before attempted based on their design choices. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of things introduced had the Devs asking themselves if the game won't just blow up once implemented.

I do agree its not forgivable that when testers find said issues nothing is done. The only explanation is they basically hope to god it's a test server only thing and its not until update day that they find out it's something more substantial.
    (1)

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I believe this was reported as happening on the test server, same as the runes 0 cooldown was. Devs put stuff on the test server then don't even bother reading the feedback. Waste of time.
    (0)