Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    1. New version of Last resort (basically longer version shared recast)
    2. New version of Souleater (basically worth using and dmg brought up to par)
    3. Absorb-Haste
    4. Drain III
    5. Ja to allow WS to crit (not forced crit just allow it to natrally crit)
    (0)

1. better TP return for acult accumen. we are giving up at least an attack round for 3 TP???
    2. Fix Catastrophe
    3. longer Last resort effect
    4. unique spells
    5. a new usable WS
    (0)

I don't mind the Dark Knight the way it is but I'm procrastinating right now and want to participate.

1. Last Resort duration increase- Give it a more severe defense penalty and lower the recast timer too.
    2. Dark Magic Mastery- This should enhance the occult acumen, fast cast, and potency to all dark magic. Go ahead and throw in what others have posted about being able to swing while casting as well as enhancing the duration (and getting rid of the Absorb-XXX decaying over time) buffs. Also add more spells Drain III, Bio III, a unique type of blind or terror spell to our spell list.
    3. Let's go ahead and give DRK an A+ in great sword and find something else to sacrifice Diabolic Eye for besides HP.
    4. Mnk has Counterstance, War has retaliation, would be nice if there was some way to make Dread Spikes on the same level: shorter recast time (see Dark Magic Mastery) while not being able to cast any other dark magic while the spikes are up.
    5. Give us blood weapon on a more reasonable timer (10 min) and give us a new two hour, the effect will be something like Zantesuken but not.

Sap
    Instead of a tit for tat type of two hour the drk gets one swing with an insane mod on the strength of the attack that will "Sap" the target. Sap will drain all of the mobs stats (STR-CHR, TP, Accuracy, MP if applicable, maybe attack) while dealing damage. The damage dealt will be applied to the drk's hit points. The base amount of the stats drained should go up by level. There should be a small chance of defeating the mob (death). If this occurs the Drk gains a max HP bonus (from the mobs recently drained HP) but does not drain any other stats. Duration of effects last 2.5-3 minutes.

Yeah I need to get back to studying.
    (0)
    Last edited by Radio; 03-31-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    top 5 suggestions that are incredibly thoughtless

1. Critcal hit ws, so lemme guess make it so everyone everywhere relies solely on RR, or perhaps we could have a ws that isn't crit based that can compete with these crit based ones so that when we do crit it does greater dmg, lets shot for makin drk the high dmg job it used to be.

2. Melee while casting. As annoyed as I am with the first one truth be told it would help, but this is ludicrus, and yes i mean the rapper this just sucks like he does, first off listen up, THIS WON'T EVER HAPPEN!!!!! plain and simple idk why all these ppl are askin for this, this has never been or never will be a good solution, and heres why, first our nukes are laughable and 2nd why are you wantin an obvious melee job who utilizes dark magic to hinder his opponents and improve his own capabilities. Also if your lucky enough you can move a lil and cancel the castin animation still get the spell and a hit in, so I know from experience this won't help balance drk.

3. Guillotine. No. No. No. Plz let old ws's die. If you increase guilotine you could ruin game balance at lower lvls, besides I went for 40 lvls on guillotine I'm tired of it gimme somethin better

4. Death spell. Remember how jacked up every mobs dark magic resist is? So how useful will this be, answer is not useful at all. Unfortunately this spell could go either way, it can be useless as in never lands no matter what, or it could be broken. Either situation I would rather them not waste time on this spell cuz it doesn't help us ultimately. Also for the person who posted they wanted impact naturally, the spell is drk capable as is, i have the cloak, i've casted it on drk, 666mp cost is tremendous, but the debuff is awesome, assuming it lasts long, which against most nms it doesn't

5. dark magic fast cast. Once again drk is about usin its limited spells to hinder opponents and increase our strength, so as much as I like the idea of lower recast times this won't magically fix drk, we need better spells first, and that brings conclusion of the bad ideas portion of my list

Now with the good

1. Last Resort time extended. Not enough yes in the world on this one. I for one say to hell with hasso gimme 25% haste with this for 2-3 mins and best of all it works well with what we drks already have.

2. Stances. I was the first person to post a thread dedicated to fixing drk and I introduced the stances that could fix the job, they focused on drks damage capabilities in both physical and magical capacities, and they could still stack with hasso, or god willing new LR and make the job shine as a dd again.

3. Spells. Again I mentioned this in my previous post Absorb att being our flagship spell, it would make us cap attack so easily and at the same time hinder our opponents to nothin. Absorb def also a good one and absorb spd well this could be great if it stacks with haste and slow respectedly which I say it does so another great spell, but we are forgetting en aspir en 2 spells, rdm is wastin them and they fit drk a lil better than t3 nukes also perhaps some nukes that hinder associated stats kinda like a less powerful impact, also abs spells need to lose the decay effect, increase the stat drain with drk skill and stack with abyssea buffs.

4. New traits. War is supposed to be a job that can use all weapons effectively and not be the best dd but a very effective dd with any weapon. Yet war has been given way too much love, when the ability restraint came out my first impression was, why does war get a drk ability, seriously, knockin out ones crit ability to increase ws dmg as you accumulate hits is textbook drk. Then they took off the crit limitations and made it slightly broken. On top of that war already has 2 tiers of crit damage boost and their full af gives more dmg to every double attack proc. OK SE ENOUGH TOYS FOR WAR NOW TIME TO SHARE. First of all drk should have a occ deals double damage native trait like war's double attack, 2nd our af3 set should increase its dmg like wars then we can at least enjoy something. Also we should get crit tiers higher than war and faster, we are supposed to be the Heavy dd's our hits were supposed to be slow but massive, and right now we are the laughing stock of the dd community.

5. JA. One of niches is we are good stunners with 2 native ways to stun. Unfortunately our recast timers for both are long, but I suggest we get stun 2 and weapon bash 2 to make up for this. Its ok to just give us one of these and personally i prefer ja stun to spell, but if we got one more natural stun we could almost be a one man stunning machine which would give us a purpose in endgame shells, that and increased dd capabilites, but shiny dmg gets old after awhile. Also I read some others wantin a new ja so i suggest Deathblow, you can make it a straight up high damage ability or you can make it a increases damage to next hit ability, personally i like the latter, make it automatic crit with increased crit damage, but give it a 1min to 1:30 min recast so thfs don't cry foul on it.

and theres my thoughts on the matter, I'm sure some of you are upset about my first part but plz remember I'm tryin to help fix drk and someone has to call out the stupid ideas.
    oh god, my brain....it hurts...
    (0)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    1.- Fix Quietus
    2.- Crit Hits ws
    3.- Drain III
    4.- more tp gained with Occult ment
    5.- shorter recast and longer duration for dread spikes
    (0)

Character
    Rattitt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    (0)
    Last edited by Karuyag; 04-04-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    1. Longer Last Resort Duration
    2. Powerful Scythe WS along the lines of Drakesbane
    3. Teir 4 Nukes
    4. Dark based nukes along the line of banish and holy
    5. Stop making every NM under the sun resistant to soul eater and blood weapon
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    1. A real 2hr, Blood Weapon 2handed weapon only meritable down to 8 minute reuse.

2. Drain and Aspir Timers Identical. 60s Drain 1 75s Drain 2, etc etc with DRAIN III AND ASPIR III

3. Dark based nukes so Dark seal and occult acumen is worth a shit.

4. Plague and some other Debuffs Via Dark Magic spells.

5. Last Resort fixed, duration increased to 2-3 minutes, or made a stance to compliment a magical stance.
    (0)

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    Fell Weapon
    Dark Knight's Main Two-Hour Ability
    Duration: 1 minute

Critical hit rate doubles, all changes to HP are nullified while in effect (meaning you can't be healed, but you also can't be hurt, nor do you take damage over time from effects like Poison or Dia), your current level of Haste is doubled, ignoring the current Haste caps (i.e., you had 26% Haste in equipment, this would double to 52% Haste), and your attacks never miss. When this effect wears off, you instantly drop to 1 HP.

There's a thread debating whether you should be able to access the Two-Hour Ability of your support job, and one suggestion I saw said all jobs should have two Two-Hour Abilities; one for use as main job, and one for use as support job. I posted my Fell Weapon idea there, too.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Character
    Therin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    5. Adjustment: Extend "Blood Weapon" and "Last Resort" timers to 1:00 (to match Souleater).

4. Job Trait: Reduces the negative effect of "Souleater", causing it to drain only 5% of your HP while still dealing 10% damage. Also, increases critical hit rate by 10% while "Souleater" is active.

3. Job Trait: "Crippling Blow" - Occasionally doubles the damage of your next melee attack. (5-10% rate, can process on a missed hit, can process on weapon skills, but only on the first hit.)

2. Job Trait: Occasionally absorbs HP on successful melee attack. (Non-elemental, like Blood Weapon, cannot process on undead or on a weapon skill, 5-10% activation rate.)

1. Great Sword/Scythe Weapon Skills: Delivers a three-hit attack. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraant View Post
    2. Fix Catastrophe
    What's wrong with it? Mine works fine.
    (0)
    Last edited by Therin; 04-12-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast