Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Matsui

Player

Mr. Matsui

Keep up the good work! I know you are under a lot of pressure lately but don't buckle!
    (15)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There are things that I'm not happy about, but it's mainly in old content. Mr. Matsui has been focusing heavily on Adoulin and is doing on outstanding job with Adoulin content. I want to lend him my support too, and I hope that he considers updating crucial old content when he gets the chance. Several things (Campaign, Assault, Mythic, ENM) could use the Matsui touch.
    (9)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Keep up the good work. As much negativity comes out of public forums these days, FFXI is doing well and seeing a lot of new stuff added. I say good job!
    (5)

Player
    One can see the outpouring of love and support that hundreds, if not thousands of players, have for the new direction Mr Matsui has given us based on the endless hours it took me to read the many replies on this thread
    (14)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think someone said something once to the effect of "if you walk away from a movie loving it, it was a good movie. If you walk away hating it, it was a good movie. A bad movie is one that leaves no lasting impression, one that you don't give another thought to".

I think despite some of the negative comments on here (from myself included) no one can argue that FFXI feels very alive and exciting under Mr Matsui's direction! I personally am enjoying a much larger portion of the new content than the isolated pieces I have criticisms about.
    (2)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not sure what Matsui could do about the playerbase's elitism except add AH-able Delve weapons (check), buff existing gear (check), and keep adding new gear and events in the interstices of Content Levels (check). I doubt he did all that to expressly forestall elitism though. That's been a playerbase feature since Year One.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Not sure what Matsui could do about the playerbase's elitism except add AH-able Delve weapons
    The problem with this is that he made the mats so damn rare the price on anything that is crafted from Delve mats will be to expensive for your average person to go out and buy I would think. Maybe if he made the craft items from the Wildskeeper Reives have a 1% chance at being 1 of the craft items from that race(for instance, Achuka dropping Gabbrath Horn/Meat) the supply would be good enough for this to be a general fix to the problem as well as removing the issue of its rarity except in a few select shells/groups to begin with.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Not sure what Matsui could do about the playerbase's elitism except add AH-able Delve weapons (check),
    Which one of those crafted weapons would you recommend for ninja, thief, red mage, Blue Mage, Monk, Pup, Paladin, Samurai, Dancer, Corsair and Ranger?
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The problem with this is that he made the mats so damn rare the price on anything that is crafted from Delve mats will be to expensive for your average person to go out and buy I would think. Maybe if he made the craft items from the Wildskeeper Reives have a 1% chance at being 1 of the craft items from that race(for instance, Achuka dropping Gabbrath Horn/Meat) the supply would be good enough for this to be a general fix to the problem as well as removing the issue of its rarity except in a few select shells/groups to begin with.
    Delve Boss mats are flooding the AH at least on my server. Admittedly, there is a Scarletite Ingot and Ormolu Ingot shortage at the moment, but sometimes they find their way to the AH or Bazaars. (Also, not all of the crafted weapons require them.) In addition, the finished crafted weapons make their way to the AH or bazaars, and they still cost a fraction of what a Relic or Mythic cost half a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Which one of those crafted weapons would you recommend for ninja, thief, red mage, Blue Mage, Monk, Pup, Paladin, Samurai, Dancer, Corsair and Ranger?
    For RNG, Echidna's Bow or Donderbuss. For COR, Donderbuss. For NIN, the Pamun. For PLD, the Sharur or Senbaak Nagan until a Sword is released. For the other 7 jobs you listed, I'd recommend you reread my post and find the part that said he was done adding AH'able weapons before asking rhetorical questions, and poorly researched ones at that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 08-06-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Delve Boss mats are flooding the AH at least on my server. Admittedly, there is a Scarletite Ingot and Ormolu Ingot shortage at the moment, but sometimes they find their way to the AH. (Also, not all of the crafted weapons require them.) In addition, sometimes the finished crafted weapons make their way to the AH or bazaars, and they still cost a fraction of what a Relic or Mythic cost half a year earlier.

For RNG, Echidna's Bow or Donderbuss. For COR, Donderbuss. For NIN, the Pamun. For PLD, the Sharur or Senbaak Nagan until a Sword is released. For the other 7 jobs you listed, I'd recommend you reread my post and find the part that said he was done adding AH'able weapons before asking rhetorical questions, and poorly researched ones at that.
    Granted, FFXIAH is not very accurate, but right now it shows 30 Enchidna's, 18 Donderbuss, 5 Pamun and 15 Sharur in existence. Are those even worth discussing? Personally, I would describe recommending a weapon of which there are only 5 in existence across all servers as a viable AH option as "poorly researched". But to each his own. I mean none of the weapons you listed even exist on my server with the exception of the GS. Why would you even mention that stuff?

What's next? "hey guys don't have a car? No problem! Just go buy a jet!"

EDIT:

Oh, and when you said this:
    Not that I think 100% of the game is rosy, but considering 95% or more come here to post criticism, suggestions, or report bugs, it is not surprising that more don't post baldfaced support.
    I got the impression that you were of the opinion that people shouldn't be posting criticism etc. here.

My bad.
    (1)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-06-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast