Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Mythic acquisition adjustments PLEASE! Far superior weapons take 45 minutes to obtain

Mythic weapon quests are beyond ridiculous. Read the alexandrite discussion page on FFXIcyclopedia for a good, cynical laugh.

This weapon takes a minimum of at least a year of nonstop, hardcore, only-mythic-weapon-minded play:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Aymur

This weapon takes a 2~3-hour reive:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hunahpu
    (Note that thanks to the item level, it also levels pets up to stats congruent to level 115)

And other, even better weapons, take a 45-minute Delve.

I know level 99 mythics are going to be powered up, so make the level 100+ versions take a year and make them worth that year.

But the level 75 steaming-piles-of-monkey-**** versions of mythic weapons need to take less time.

It's "Duties, Tasks, and Deeds" that needs adjustment most. No level 75 mythic is worth what they cost. Right now, few of the level 99 versions are.

Part 1: ALEXANDRITE
    Alexandrite can go to hell. Why does the EMPRESS of Aht Urhgan have a single mercenary paying out of pocket to satisfy her lust for things that glitter? If I'm the Empress's sugar daddy, she needs to start returning the favor. Empress Nashmeira is the worst gold digger in the history of videogames. I hereby dub her "Goblin Gold Digger."

Even if you consider the current level 99 reward, the alexandrite portion of the quest should be a maximum of 5,000. You could easily get a far superior weapon in a reive anyway. If you want to consider and honor the harrowing legacy of mythics, it still shouldn't be above 20,000. That's more than sadistic enough for anyone's sick pleasure.

Part 2: THERION ICHOR
    Cut this down. Major time sink.

Part 3: NYZUL TOKENS
    I feel this part is fine, honestly. It's the least painful part.

Part 4: JOURNALS
    Let players spend multiple tokens to lowman assault (examples: spend 3 tokens and you can solo one mission, or spend 2 and you can duo a mission). This isn't ridiculous and it would actually SPEED UP 80-90% of assaulters' progress through those missions. Finding 2 other people to assault with for 50 missions (100 missions if you count prereqs) is like posting on the official forum asking for mythic adjustments.

Oh wait....
    (36)
    Last edited by Edyth; 09-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Player
    Just a point of interest, Guttler, is a Relic...

Aymur, is the Mythic.
    (2)

Player
    I feel no pity. these were meant to be tough to create...
    (3)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Just a point of interest, Guttler, is a Relic...

Aymur, is the Mythic.
    Fixed. Guttler is a far more memorable name, hence the mixup.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please fix empyrean weapons, after 90 is litteraly impossible to obtain.
    (17)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    30k is just way too much, no one can get that many with the current server population/mentality. 3k would be more reasonable.
    (2)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ryunohige complete. Burtgang in less than a week. Quit yer whining and get to work.
    (7)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    3k really? Nobody's gonna take you seriously if you ask for a 90% reduction in alexandrite. Besides, anybody can do AR for well over a hundred alex per night. Have you seen how expensive riftcinder is? Now that's something people should be complaining about, considering you still need an alliance to kill Morta.
    (1)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Ryunohige complete. Burtgang in less than a week. Quit yer whining and get to work.
    I'd like to ask: Did you have an entire ls doing this for you or did you do it on your own?
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    I'd like to ask: Did you have an entire ls doing this for you or did you do it on your own?
    Mythics are not linkshell accomplishments. Look at the tasks, they are all individual/lowman events.
    (1)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast