Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Do you think it's better that gil be harder to obtain? Honestly I think the amount of time earning Cruor vs running back and forth selling and refilling inventory worth of CB wasnt omg easy and was actually worth the effort.
    It was super easy, you went to worms or VW, if worms, 1shot everything for a few hours, if VW, spam some Qilin or other VWNM which was easy. After that, empty your inventory & go blinkering. It was super easy, it was just boring & tedious beyond compare.

I've only really farmed Dyna with BST because I've invested so much gil into the job, found it much more fun than playing THF however honestly speaking the amount of gil it cost for food, meds, pets, pet food, etc...

It use to be worth the effort to spend 2 hours farming currency when the value was 7k+.

If a player earned 250 currency in 1 hour, at 7k each that's 1,750,000gil.

Vs

250X3k is 750,000 gil.

That's a big difference. This is the reason I stopped farming Dyna wasting 2 hours of my time on a daily basis farming for the economy.

When value of stuff like this drop in price, people stop providing it. Atleast that's what I did.

I use to look forward to farming Dyna each day, was on the top of my list. From my point of view? SE killed it, just the same as every other fun thing that made you feel like putting in the time and effort gave you a sense that you were making progress.

When you play something that makes you feel like you are barely making any progress, ya give up. Especially if its just a wasting valuable time.
    If everything dropped in price by 50%, then you would be making 3.5k per piece of AC on average, the worth would be the same, the only change is the number. In such a case, whats it matter if its 7k, 3k, or 100 gil, if the overall worth is the same then it really means nothing. I understand what you are saying, but overall if the value of the currency itself is what dropped, which is the case of AC because of Delve gear, then yes, it becomes less worth doing. If the worth of it does not decrease, yet the amount of gil being spent is, then you are not losing anything, you are making as much money as you were before, just represented by a smaller number.

Too much gil in circulation? Is too much Bayld in circulation? SE could have implemented more ways to make players spend gil if that's the case.
    Bayld is a vastly different form of currency. Bayld can not be traded from one player to another and is not the currency used in the player market for the majority of tradable objects and services. Gil on the other hand, is, and SE has made more ways to spend gil, ways such as Meebles, where you could buy wins on your book, or the KIs, VW with Voidclusters, Legion & Einherjar where you pay a gil fee to enter, and so on. These all fail because the amount of money coming into the market far outnumbered the ways it was leaving it. Even with all of those methods, the amount of gil coming in was probably 10 times as much than what was being taken out if not more. 120k cruor, the reward for your average Qilin run was worth around 311,400 gil. That means if you add up a single x6 Qilin run's worth of cruor and turn it into gil it would be around 5Mil. Now that's only a times 6, most runs at the time were between 12 & 18, many runs a day, and this counts only a single NM from a single event, count in other NMs, Abyssea, and so on, its hundreds of millions of gil week. Now, how many people spend gil on NPCs and such rather than the player market where it continues to cycle? Not enough to keep up with that output, that's for sure, while I cant pin down a number, I know I used to have a lot more gil & a lot more income at that time, and it was all because of blinkers.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    It was super easy, you went to worms or VW, if worms, 1shot everything for a few hours, if VW, spam some Qilin or other VWNM which was easy. After that, empty your inventory & go blinkering. It was super easy, it was just boring & tedious beyond compare.

If everything dropped in price by 50%, then you would be making 3.5k per piece of AC on average, the worth would be the same, the only change is the number. In such a case, whats it matter if its 7k, 3k, or 100 gil, if the overall worth is the same then it really means nothing. I understand what you are saying, but overall if the value of the currency itself is what dropped, which is the case of AC because of Delve gear, then yes, it becomes less worth doing. If the worth of it does not decrease, yet the amount of gil being spent is, then you are not losing anything, you are making as much money as you were before, just represented by a smaller number.

Bayld is a vastly different form of currency. Bayld can not be traded from one player to another and is not the currency used in the player market for the majority of tradable objects and services. Gil on the other hand, is, and SE has made more ways to spend gil, ways such as Meebles, where you could buy wins on your book, or the KIs, VW with Voidclusters, Legion & Einherjar where you pay a gil fee to enter, and so on. These all fail because the amount of money coming into the market far outnumbered the ways it was leaving it. Even with all of those methods, the amount of gil coming in was probably 10 times as much than what was being taken out if not more. 120k cruor, the reward for your average Qilin run was worth around 311,400 gil. That means if you add up a single x6 Qilin run's worth of cruor and turn it into gil it would be around 5Mil. Now that's only a times 6, most runs at the time were between 12 & 18, many runs a day, and this counts only a single NM from a single event, count in other NMs, Abyssea, and so on, its hundreds of millions of gil week. Now, how many people spend gil on NPCs and such rather than the player market where it continues to cycle? Not enough to keep up with that output, that's for sure, while I cant pin down a number, I know I used to have a lot more gil & a lot more income at that time, and it was all because of blinkers.
    Well who does VW anymore? No more Cruor farming parties, no more blinkers. You also have to look at this fact. The amount of gil players spend on BST to make that 250 currency?

For me I always bought Red curry bun +1, silent oil, prism powder, lucky broth, Vile Elixer +1, Icarus Wing, pet food theta, Dawn Muslim...

For 750k for 2 hours is not worth the effort.

I still think SE could have implemented more ways to making players spend gil for basic needs like Warp scroll. Even way point warps. But instead they just implemented different types of currency and point systems.

People do pay for Airelixer+1 and +2's through auction house. I think if people are willing to pay gil for it, why do we need a new type of currency everytime a new expansion is implemented?

Some players may not show up well prepared for events out of laziness. Some players show up because they don't have the gil to support buying basic needs.

Last time I checked Vile Elixer +1 was 300k.

In all other Final Fantasy games, you only had 1 type of currency to pay for everything.

I would gladly pay gil to enter Salvage than earn assault points. Same goes for NNI and Assault than wait for tags.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-30-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Player
    For me I always bought Red curry bun +1, silent oil, prism powder, lucky broth, Vile Elixer +1, Icarus Wing, pet food theta, Dawn Muslim...
    Aka, you brought way to much shit with you to Dyna in the first place. I did Dyna daily with 2 stacks of Falcorr & 2 stacks of Theta with 2 stacks of Oil/Powder, I logged on my other character for 1 run every day, those 2 stacks lasted me 2 weeks. You should never need anything close to that much stuff for Dyna...

I still think SE could have implemented more ways to making players spend gil for basic needs like Warp scroll. Even way point warps. But instead they just implemented different types of currency and point systems.

People do pay for Airelixer+1 and +2's through auction house. I think if people are willing to pay gil for it, why do we need a new type of currency everytime a new expansion is implemented?

Some players may not show up well prepared for events out of laziness. Some players show up because they don't have the gil to support buying basic needs.
    I mostly agree, but the point is that money was not, and is not, being drained out faster than it was being put in. Removing blinkers solved that problem, by compare, gil is at a standstill now.
    (1)

Player
    Aka, you brought way to much shit with you to Dyna in the first place. I did Dyna daily with 2 stacks of Falcorr & 2 stacks of Theta with 2 stacks of Oil/Powder, I logged on my other character for 1 run every day, those 2 stacks lasted me 2 weeks. You should never need anything close to that much stuff for Dyna...

I mostly agree, but the point is that money was not, and is not, being drained out faster than it was being put in. Removing blinkers solved that problem, by compare, gil is at a standstill now.
    Things happen, depends which Dyna you are doing. I don't think carrying those items are considered too much. From my experience, it's being well prepared than make a mistake and waste time because we know its easy to turn a Dyna run into a failed run.

Plus those items may last longer if you only played BST for Dyna and nothing else. To play the job for many other occasions than Dyna would drain your wallet pretty fast. I believe I was spending up to 1.5 mil per day on basic needs. From abbysea, NM hunts, Missions, quests, BCNM..

Sure it's at a standstill now. But some of us don't have the motivation to spend endless hours a day to make gil. Login campaign devalued beastly shank etc.

Personally I don't have the motivation to go back and waste hours farming in the tree or abbysea like I did before SoA made a good portion of the game irrelevant.
    (0)

Player
    Things happen, depends which Dyna you are doing. I don't think carrying those items are considered too much. From my experience, it's being well prepared than make a mistake and waste time because we know its easy to turn a Dyna run into a failed run.

Plus those items may last longer if you only played BST for Dyna and nothing else. To play the job for many other occasions than Dyna would drain your wallet pretty fast. I believe I was spending up to 1.5 mil per day on basic needs. From abbysea, NM hunts, Missions, quests, BCNM..

Sure it's at a standstill now. But some of us don't have the motivation to spend endless hours a day to make gil. Login campaign devalued beastly shank etc.

Personally I don't have the motivation to go back and waste hours farming in the tree or abbysea like I did before SoA made a good portion of the game irrelevant.
    Well as my last post on this offtopic subject, I have to say. If you are talking about the cost of doing Dynamis you can not count what items you use for other things. For instance you list BCNMs or quests but really, you would have spent the same amount on those probably either way, so while they deplete r ptjerwose/your gil it would have been depleted either way no matter if you got your gil from Dynamis or otherwise. So far as being prepared, yes, preparation is good, but if you are factoring in the cost of each of these items into each of your runs, that means you expect to use them each run, which is insane given the ease of Dyna generally, and you should never need any of this unless the most extreme of cases in my opinion. Some items, like Viles, can also be left out due to high cost. To use one of those during a run would cut your profit quite a bit, and I can understand the problem if you have to use those each run, but in all honesty, you don't, or at least, shouldn't need to.
    (0)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    When did this thread devolve into two demons arguing about cruor farming or whatever plus making out with each other? Get a room, you two.
    (0)

They can't get a room. Noobs would get the free continental breakfast too and there'd be a whole new argument!

(0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, free add-ons which are nearly required to play this game anymore as well as free key items and currency which can not be traded in any way which aids newer players greatly is going to be the end of this game, if only SE did nothing, then we could truly be better off! >:O
    Where are these newer players? There is none and what about the newer players that come in after this little event? Are they gonna still get help? Nope. If they are new players im sure they are playing on the first copy of XI they only bought out.

I mean if there new players they would of bought the bundle set of games. Its not like anywhere sells the older copies.
    (0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    So when's your LittleBigPlanet FFXI level gonna be finished? You've had that sig forever.
    When 14 first came out I stop working on it. Might convert all the programing into the ps4 version. Be better if its in a 3D space. As of that photo... thats been there since like 2010 or 2011. I took alot of 11 & 14 stuff and put it into one game. That Shinryu image was first fight I worked with crap UI and battle programing. I remade the combat system like 3-4x by then. Game had limitations and needed to know how much to I could put into a level before it lagged up to the point where you couldnt play. I only really finished with SAM. I had only worked on 4 Jobs. DRG,SAM,WHM,BLM. I had a problem because I had no tank so needed to make DRG sorta a tank with its pet healing abyilities. So theres huge number of problems when creating a MMO on LBP. Like if I had to fix UI on the characters I would have to republish all the level zones with the new UI. You can play the Shinryu level with the old UI and battle system. Thats been published. If you want to see more of the project its here...

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...Online-Project

Equip system

Gustaberg Region Ronfaure Region Saurbura Region
    (0)
    Last edited by Venat; 07-31-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    Where are these newer players? There is none and what about the newer players that come in after this little event? Are they gonna still get help? Nope. If they are new players im sure they are playing on the first copy of XI they only bought out.

I mean if there new players they would of bought the bundle set of games. Its not like anywhere sells the older copies.
    I know there is at least one person on this forum who keeps complaining about Abyssea, I know in game 3 people who have very little done in Abyssea and have started recently, I know a friend in real life who is not currently playing, but got a character to 90 and has since been waiting till he has the time to play. All of these people will benefit from this event. Even if no one new benefited, giving anyone enough cruor for 1 brew, atma most long term players will already have, and some stones on top of the thousands sitting on the NPCs waiting for us... I honestly fail to see where this is making the game go bad, or is a sign of it.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast