Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragoon

Player

Dragoon

Can't help but noticed after more than a decade. Dragoons still have the same baby Wyvern. I don't play the job but the last time I ever did was about 10 years ago. As a bystander I just have to say it would be nice to see the baby Wyvern transform into something Godly like Amhuluk. Maybe give them some kind of rage ability.
    (3)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This has been addressed multiple times by people, ranging in a large variety of requests that usually include one of the great wyrms or wyvern monsters. Unfortunately, it's really unnecessary; the first thing that needs to be addressed is a Dragoon's ability to deal damage as a two-handed DD, something I'd much rather see done over having a monstrous wyrm blocking my entire view of the game. Considering your wyvern is behind you the majority of the time, you'd end up seeing nothing but a wall of scales on a regular basis, which makes playing a game rather difficult unless you enjoy it in the first-person mode.

There was a thread for this in the Dragoon subforum, too, maybe it'd be best to look through the forum to find it, if you want to add your ideas? ^^; This has been covered a few times now.

Ah, in fact, I found it, right there on the first page: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ade-our-wyvern
    Another one here, though this one took a bit of digging to page 5: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...o-grow-in-size!
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I feel so bad for DRGs anytime I'm in delve. My blu/war usually out-dd's a well geared drg, which I feel says something. DRG was my first 75 way back in the day and to see it treated as it has been is upsetting. I really do think something needs to be done for DRG along the lines of usefulness/DDing.

First of all, I wouldn't mind seeing SE doing something to our wyverns in terms of size. Perhaps, upscale the size a little...really just anything, even a color change. With this in mind, I also believe wyverns should do way more dmg than they currently do. I know this goes against what most DRGs want, a JA stance like other DDs, but what if this new wyvern's dmg was a little more on par with a BSTs pet?

I would understand BSTs being a little butthurt, but hey! They are allowed to change their pets around. DRGs have no choice but to use a wyvern that only functions as 1% total dmg and a decent healing tool. Let's just hope they do something in regards to DRGs damage/usefulness in further updates.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    This has been addressed multiple times by people, ranging in a large variety of requests that usually include one of the great wyrms or wyvern monsters. Unfortunately, it's really unnecessary; the first thing that needs to be addressed is a Dragoon's ability to deal damage as a two-handed DD, something I'd much rather see done over having a monstrous wyrm blocking my entire view of the game. Considering your wyvern is behind you the majority of the time, you'd end up seeing nothing but a wall of scales on a regular basis, which makes playing a game rather difficult unless you enjoy it in the first-person mode.

There was a thread for this in the Dragoon subforum, too, maybe it'd be best to look through the forum to find it, if you want to add your ideas? ^^; This has been covered a few times now.

Ah, in fact, I found it, right there on the first page: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ade-our-wyvern
    Another one here, though this one took a bit of digging to page 5: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...o-grow-in-size!
    Well I did overexaggerate my first post being that I started off saying Wyvern are still baby size after more than a decade.

But then I wonder if you feel the same about the sizes of Summoner Avatars?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post

Drg does not need to be another DD meathead.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    I feel so bad for DRGs anytime I'm in delve. My blu/war usually out-dd's a well geared drg, which I feel says something. DRG was my first 75 way back in the day and to see it treated as it has been is upsetting. I really do think something needs to be done for DRG along the lines of usefulness/DDing.

First of all, I wouldn't mind seeing SE doing something to our wyverns in terms of size. Perhaps, upscale the size a little...really just anything, even a color change. With this in mind, I also believe wyverns should do way more dmg than they currently do. I know this goes against what most DRGs want, a JA stance like other DDs, but what if this new wyvern's dmg was a little more on par with a BSTs pet?

I would understand BSTs being a little butthurt, but hey! They are allowed to change their pets around. DRGs have no choice but to use a wyvern that only functions as 1% total dmg and a decent healing tool. Let's just hope they do something in regards to DRGs damage/usefulness in further updates.
    Yeah like maybe increase the age of the wyvern to be an adult, then maybe allow a Dragoon to ride it by allowing it to hover maybe 1-2 feet above ground. Kinda like having a free Chocobo ride for a limited time like Flee.

Or give dragoon the ability to bring the entire party in the air together and jump on a mob with combine damage as a group.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Te first thing SE needs to adress in this issue is THAT IT IS NOT A GOD DAMN WYVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (3)

Character
    Toxophile
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Drg does not need to be another DD meathead.
    DRG needs to gain a reason to exist in the game that isn't Angon.
    (2)

Player
    it does people lack to understand that drg is not a prime DD
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    To understand the design behind DRG you have to understand that we used to get to the next level through what is call an "Experience Points Party" that consisted of six well groomed individuals with basic knowledge of there roll during this time to perform a routine of tasks that would ultimately achieve the goals of said individuals or "Party Members" with the reward of experience points. Not to be confused with the gaggle of organized chaos and leeching that goes on today.

Now that we understand that, it is common knowledge that DRG was designed as a DD, or damage dealer. With the capability to gather together and build Exp. Chains in upwards of chain 98 before the Tarutaru DRG pulled hate and died...
    (But that's getting off subject) A DRG was able to execute his/her role as DD by doing less damage than a WAR and having abilities that would shed it's own hat, and in some cases the hate of others. In this way it was easier for taking jobs to fulfill there roll. The Wyvern (witch I still believe should be addressed as a Wyrmling), roll was to make up for the DRG's lack in overall damage output, so in speculation, the DRG/Wyvern combo was a way of applying the max amout of damage as other jobs, but splitting the hate between the two, overall expanding the duration of the exp. pt.

As for weather or not the Wyvern should grow as they level, this is a big fat no no, being as Level has nothing to do with age. That Wyvern that follows there Dragoon counterpart around just hatched from an egg. That being said, in most if not all mythology, dragons take centuries to get even to the size of the true wyvers (You know those things with out hands, only thouse hookey things on there wings) you all kill on a daily basis.

In short, one day my little Soryu will be as large as the notorious Bahamut, but I'll be long dead before that happens.
    (2)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast