Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
Well, The thing is, The event was entertaining at first, but as with everything that has no element of randomness, it'll become boring through time, So At least these new zones have different mobs...? So the inevitability of the event becoming boring or being boring Is in itself not a valid defense for being outraged that the NM you're trying to kill is hard solely based on the fact You're ignoring everything that will make it easy.

I think I should edit/finangle that particular sentence cause it pretty much sums up the point I'm trying to make... You can't be upset the Content you're trying to beat is hard solely based on the fact You're ignoring everything that the devs specifically implemented to make it easy.

Think that works... Regardless, Hopefully you see what I mean. While yes i can definitely agree to some extent designing content to be hard until you funnel down the correct path is rather lazy, But isn't that pretty much the entirety of most RPGs? Some just have a better way of making the funneling seem fun, and not like funneling at all, FFXI is losing that capability because no one wants to funnel through boring content knowing their carrot on a stick is going to spoil in less than a Month's time.

I mean, while i can't particularly remember any good comparison off the top of my head, I know for a fact theres many times in games where some enemies would be super hard until you weaken them, or knew their tricks. in this case, we know the tricks, and if you ignore them or avoid them when its so easy to do (even if a tad boring or tedious) its entirely ones own fault for ignoring the means to easy victory.

I won't say the system is without flaws, I just don't feel complaining that a fight takes too long because you've completely and purposefully ignored every tool at your disposal to make the fight shorter is legitimate by any means. :x
Sometimes though it's still not that simple because of the entire server's unwillingness to do reive content to make other reive content easier. You and I may understand how to make this stuff easier, and the entire server can understand it, but it won't change the fact that most everyone is opting out of doing saaaaaay Yorcia Weald reives. In that case, while it is the server's fault, one can argue it's mainly SE's fault for designing the content in the fashion they did.

When you look at the col rates before the last update, I would say it was completely on our heads for not doing certain zones, and while a few hundred hardcore end game people may decide that they want to do things right, their effort is meaningless without the rest of the server helping them.

That aside, here comes the SoA version of Caedarva Mire called Yorcia Weald and people are like, F that noise. It's going to end up being that one zone per expansion that everyone loves to hate.

There is a simple solution to the problem, add more drops like capes to all reives, and as much as I am hating the random drop nature of these items, I believe they need to stay that way or else people will get their drops and never do reives again unless they are active enough in SoA that they need a steady supply of bayld. As long as they insist on designing content that requires the server to never stop doing said content to have full benefits of the expansion, they have to properly motivate us to follow their lead. Properly motivate us and there will be no issues whatsoever except when you design a zone like Yorcia Weald that's a chore to get to, shares drops with other new and easier to play in zones, and then when you're there, yeah..... need different drops per zone to properly motivate people. If Yorcia dropped JSE necks or earrings or rings or whatever, it would be at 100% col rate right now, too, despite sucking for fun factor. There's some nice drops from Yumcax, but not nice enough to make most people care to do reives in Yorcia Weald because most people aren't trying to do Yumcax and you need most people doing reives to make any meaningful progress in col rate.