Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    When you trade in your KIs to get an item form the WK reives, you should lose them. Then after the next game tally, you can get your KIs again and get another item.
    I'd like to echo this. Between Hurkan and Yumcax, together I've done them 9 times now and all I have to show from the actual fights are grips/capes/bullets/gorgets, none of which I actually need or really want. Thank goodness for the "Order Up" quest because I at least have something worthwhile to show for fighting these horrid creatures.

I think it'd be very wise to make the quest repeatable once every conquest tally. Who knows, perhaps it already is since we haven't made it yet to the next week lol, but it seems like it won't be. If it were repeatable though, there would be great incentives for going back and doing the old Naakuals too and the low drop rates on the nice equipment from the new Naakuals could be forgiven. Perhaps instead of losing the crests though they could just create a set of new Temp KIs you could get from the Naakuals.
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Please NO TEMPORARY ITEMS, omg not again please!
    I don't think Wildkeepers Reive need much fixing.
    Only things I can think of are a tweak to the colonization rate/damage taken formula.
    At 0% Colonization Rate a Naakual should NOT have 100% -Damage Taken, but something like 80%
    Also fix the fact that Corsairs can ignore the current state of Colonization rate.
    And I guess add an automatic Reraise thing, like in Walk of Echoes.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiei View Post
    I like the idea but I do see a problem with it.
    Since you get reive evaluations during the fight it is technically possible to abuse the system.
    For example, go into the battle and fight till it reaches 1% then exit and keep the KI and all the exp/bayld from the evaluations throughout the battle. Considering you can get upwards of 25k bayld in any single reive, it has the potential for serious abuse.
    It can't really be abused. Even if they just go in for the bayld and get no items, they have to wait 3 hours to repeat the battle. Plus why WOULDN'T you want the extra help fighting the Naakual, when some of those people might already have all they want from it item-wise? I don't see anything but benefit from this.
    (2)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My two recommended changes:

1) Entry KI should be consumed once you are present to see the Naakual die and get rewards, not upon entry. All these emergency maints you guys are doing are screwing too many players out of their bayld unfairly.
    2) Make it so there are other *reasonable* methods of damaging a Naakual even at low colonization rates. As it is, people just COR army everything down, which is just boring. Most other DDs have no reason to go under these circumstances, because they will likely do a pittance of damage before being 1-2 shotted by the mob.

There needs to be an incentive/reward for collecting the Naakual crests. Currently, Dimmian doesn't even give a **** if you beat a Naakual, and the "Habitual behavior barometer" does absolutely nothing.
    There is. Do the quest Order Up in Celennia library.

Having the first 3 naakual fights done lets you get one freebie of one of their drops, and having the next 2 fights done lets you get a freebie of one of theirs.
    (3)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Why do you want feedback? You don't even listen to your player base anyway.
    (13)

Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I find the entire system ridiculous. Myself and my husband are probably never going to get the clears on these monsters let alone any items from them. And I'm sure many others are feeling the same way. A huge amount of people are needed to fight these things, and once people have the items or clears they want they will NEVER go back to kill them. Leaving people who can't play for 12hrs during a week night out of the loop. I've heard reports of these fights taking anywhere from 1-12hrs to finalize, which makes me unsure of whether I'll actually get the clear if I spend my 75k bayld to enter the fight. To clarify, will the group in there be able to kill it in a reasonable amount of time before I have to log for sleep that night. I'm severely disappointed in the direction this game has taken. As others have stated on other forums, the gap between low man (hardly exists atm because SE seems to have forgotten about it) and the "hardcore" content is hugely imbalanced. It's sad really, I had hoped to enjoy this game for years to come still, but now that XIV is coming out I get the feeling SE is trying to drive people from this game to XIV by making this game a super grind fest again (not that I mind, but this new expansion takes it to the extreme).

/Disappointed
    (4)
    Last edited by Khary; 07-19-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khary View Post
    I find the entire system ridiculous. Myself and my husband are probably never going to get the clears on these monsters let alone any items from them. And I'm sure many others are feeling the same way. A huge amount of people are needed to fight these things, and once people have the items or clears they want they will NEVER go back to kill them. Leaving people who can't play for 12hrs during a week night out of the loop. I've heard reports of these fights taking anywhere from 1-12hrs to finalize, which makes me unsure of whether I'll actually get the clear if I spend my 75k bayld to enter the fight. To clarify, will the group in there be able to kill it in a reasonable amount of time before I have to log for sleep that night. I'm severely disappointed in the direction this game has taken. As others have stated on other forums, the gap between low man (hardly exists atm because SE seems to have forgotten about it) and the "hardcore" content is hugely imbalanced. It's sad really, I had hoped to enjoy this game for years to come still, but now that XIV is coming out I get the feeling SE is trying to drive people from this game to XIV by making this game a super grind fest again (not that I mind, but this new expansion takes it to the extreme).

/Disappointed
    Let's see what the current lowman and hardcore content in SoA are.

Hardcore

1. Wildskeeper Reives
    2. Delve Megabosses

That's pretty much it. Now let's see lowman/solo/non hardcore content they've added

1. Reives
    2. Skirmish
    3. Coalition Assignments
    4. Quests
    5. Missions
    6. Mog Garden(can make lots of gil off this)
    7. Skirmish II(to be added in august)
    8. Monstrosity(to be added in august)

I took out Delve plasm runs and Delve NM's from the second list. It's not hardcore content but it's also not lowman/solo. It is however able to be done by anyone willing to shout but everyone would rather just complain about it. Doesn't look "hugely imbalanced" to me. Even Wildskeepers can be shouted for, we had that happen here with the new ones, people shouted a couple days in advance a couple hours a day, set up a time and got 50+ people. Once they started a lot more came quickly after since they had seen the shouts for days. The Wildskeepers only took a couple hours to do.

Yes they could use an adjustment, mainly the Damage Taken should be closer to 50% only at 0% and go down 1% every 2% colonization. As it stands colonization will be to hard to keep up after a while as it takes enormous effort to raise the rates a decent amount.
    (2)

Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post

Hardcore

1. Wildskeeper Reives
    2. Delve Megabosses

That's pretty much it. Now let's see lowman/solo/non hardcore content they've added

1. Reives
    2. Skirmish
    3. Coalition Assignments
    4. Quests
    5. Missions

I took out Delve plasm runs and Delve NM's from the second list. It's not hardcore content but it's also not lowman/solo. It is however able to be done by anyone willing to shout but everyone would rather just complain about it. Doesn't look "hugely imbalanced" to me. Even Wildskeepers can be shouted for, we had that happen here with the new ones, people shouted a couple days in advance a couple hours a day, set up a time and got 50+ people. Once they started a lot more came quickly after since they had seen the shouts for days. The Wildskeepers only took a couple hours to do.

Yes they could use an adjustment, mainly the Damage Taken should be closer to 50% only at 0% and go down 1% every 2% colonization. As it stands colonization will be to hard to keep up after a while as it takes enormous effort to raise the rates a decent amount.
    SE asked for my opinion, I'm allowed to state it. If you disagree with it that's great, but don't rip apart what I said because you disagree.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Hardcore

1. Wildskeeper Reives
    2. Delve Megabosses

1. Reives
    2. Skirmish
    3. Coalition Assignments
    4. Quests
    5. Missions

Now let's take a look at those lists and see which items from the second list are better than the items from the first list.
    Well, that's a short list. I guess people do have something to complain about.

People don't like this crap and / or they just can't do it for one reason or another. It doesn't matter if it's hard or not.

I mean seriously? You don't see why some people would be turned off by standing around shouting for hours, organizing 50 people and then doing an event that takes hours for often no reward at all? All while some other guy rakes in millions a day because he has 18 friends who happen to play at the same time as him? You must be eating paint chips.
    (9)

I took out Delve plasm runs and Delve NM's from the second list. It's not hardcore content but it's also not lowman/solo.
    But you do need to have someone who has actually completed a wildskeeper reive (hardcore content) to pop the NM or enter the fracture, making it not 'the easiest thing in the world ever part 2' to do.
    (4)

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast